Edmunsdon windfall?

16 minutes ago, singe said:

Utter BS

They see P&L, so won't be aware of individuals contracts, the money won't have hit yet. 

You're a former scout, you'll have more chance of knowing and be able to reveal earlier, very poor of you to keep it secret.....

I merely recommended players, thats as far as it went I wasn't a director of any club. If I was I'd be upfront with fans. I also worked in business where I had to account for every single penny. Seems its not the thing to do apparently. I wonder why? And don't tell me because they don't have to. That's a defeatist answer.

It appears to me the Trust (I still call them that) are frightened to ask AL any questions like I'm raising about the financial future of the club and let fans know what's going on.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Simpo said:

Purely curiousity, is this something you know for sure, or just believe to be true?

It's normally on profit. The buying club are expected to take the sell on fee into consideration. The fee we are supposed to have received would have included add ons for appearances and possibly international appearances. Neither of which will have been triggered. We will therefore have received around £500k, most likely in instalments. If Ipswich are paying around £1m. then some of that will be based on appearances etc. and 20% of those will be paid to us, as and when they are triggered. I am guessing we will get around £50k. paid on the instalments that Ipswich pay and then the add ons. So no, there won't be any big windfall. 

It's been suggested that Ipswich have had a bid "approaching" £1m accepted.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/40659/edmundson-bid-accepted

Radio Manc's Mike Minay in 2019 tweeted "I understand that the deal that took George Edmundson from #OAFC to Rangers was in the region up to £700,000, plus bonuses and a 20% sell-on fee."

That suggests a profit of up to £300k, which would net Latics around £60k - unless some :clown: sold the sell-on clause!

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I merely recommended players, thats as far as it went I wasn't a director of any club. If I was I'd be upfront with fans. I also worked in business where I had to account for every single penny. Seems its not the thing to do apparently. I wonder why? And don't tell me because they don't have to. That's a defeatist answer.

It appears to me the Trust (I still call them that) are frightened to ask AL any questions like I'm raising about the financial future of the club and let fans know what's going on.

Where to start. 

Right, that for the second year Phillipa Director , a former lecturer in Accounting who set exam questions has to advise the club that their accounts did not meet the required standards. 

Last year, they were resubmitted after her intervention and assistance in recompiling them. 

I think your criticism is aimed in the wrong direction. 

2 hours ago, redlion said:

Are you a journalist ? You mis-quote me just like one.

4 hours ago, redlion said:

Well that's debatable. Some would say the club belongs to the supporters and we have a right to know though I wish he would spend the lot in Costa Coffee, the caffeine overdose might trigger a catastrophic heart attack. 

Okay. It's not, It doesn't, and you don't. And I don't agree with wishing someone unwell.

So we can all stop arguing I'll lay down some facts.

1. No one knows if the sell on is a % of the fee or the profit or if it still exists at all.

2. Undisclosed fee's are common, they're not done to hide information from supporters. They're usually done to protect a clubs financial position. It could be our side, it could be rangers, it could be both.

14 minutes ago, doctor evil said:

1. No one knows if the sell on is a % of the fee or the profit or if it still exists at all.

2. Undisclosed fee's are common, they're not done to hide information from supporters. They're usually done to protect a clubs financial position. It could be our side, it could be rangers, it could be both.

Won’t get far talking sense on here 

4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

There’s a world of difference between accounting for every penny and telling competitors what you sell your assets for. 

55 minutes ago, doctor evil said:

But but but ye good point

5 hours ago, Simpo said:

Purely curiousity, is this something you know for sure, or just believe to be true?

I've no idea, but its pretty common and I've seen it quoted quite extensively. 

Of course, in our case, something non standard is entirely possible. I'll wager its nearer 50k than 200k

11 hours ago, BP1960 said:

If this move happens can our Trust board director confirm the club will receive the perceived £200,000 from the Rangers sell on deal and what will be done with the money?

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-ipswich-town-agree-to-sign-rangers-star-edmundson/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1627279799

Erm, perhaps it will be spent running a football club that makes a massive loss every month 

36 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Ipswich will pay just short of £1million...

Should be a nice 200k for us then. I've been reading up on sell on clauses and can't find any examples of it being just a percentage of the profit. All the examples ive known or seen or looked up have been percentage of the whole fee

If there is a sell on clause at all then it's not likely to generate much.  As for the person who is obsessed by the subject I wonder if he would expect Tesco to tell Sainsbury the details of their negotiations?

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

If there is a sell on clause at all then it's not likely to generate much.  As for the person who is obsessed by the subject I wonder if he would expect Tesco to tell Sainsbury the details of their negotiations?

Or indeed Tesco to tell him how much they pay for a tin of beans?

7 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Should be a nice 200k for us then. I've been reading up on sell on clauses and can't find any examples of it being just a percentage of the profit. All the examples ive known or seen or looked up have been percentage of the whole fee

We could get more information out of the Kremlin than OAFC.

And whether getting any windfall is a good thing is debatable.  Anyone know how much the outstanding loan is?  Because by definition that needs paying off before there's any impact on the first team.  So a windfall is just as likely to offset the owner's expenses to no particular benefit to the club

Archived