Dear Deidre, 

I’ve just found out that my daughters football team have been invited to BP on match day v Newport and will play on the pitch at half time, great and what a lovely opportunity for them. 

Not so great is that for all those excited children there will be one or two proud parents wishing to watch their kids big moment…but we have to pay. 

Now in normal circumstances I’d be willing (I think) but normal, things are not. 

So I find myself in somewhat of a dilemma as I’ve been boycotting since March 2019. 

Do I swallow my pride, briefly put my differences aside, hand over the shillings and enjoy my daughters big moment on the hallowed turf? 

Or do I stick two fingers up at them and tell them where to shove it, thus keeping my boycott and reputation (if indeed I still have one) intact, but have the fallout from a desperately disappointed nine year old. 

Yours faithfully, 

Dick 

Good Afternoon Dick

Nice to see you around......

My daughter - the one we took to Wimbledon - is a school teacher. When their school played on the pitch each child was given a free ticket for the parent / guardian etc to watch.

Have they stopped giving the freebies away?

It's not the way to encourage new blood to join the Faith!

5 minutes ago, Millibob said:

Good Afternoon Dick

Nice to see you around......

My daughter - the one we took to Wimbledon - is a school teacher. When their school played on the pitch each child was given a free ticket for the parent / guardian etc to watch.

Have they stopped giving the freebies away?

It's not the way to encourage new blood to join the Faith!

Ow do Mr Millibob, hope you’re well? 

Been told the children get comps, but parents have to pay. 

21 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Well asking for a spare had crossed my mind, but feel it’s a tad cheeky. Everyone I know who previously had ST’s hasn’t renewed. 

True! If I'd bought one I'd have lent it to you

18 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Pay anythin to see my kids doin things so get to BP whether its free or not. The pride swallowed by going will be forgotten when u feel the pride of ur child on the pitch

I suppose I could vocally protest against the owner whilst there, I’ll take some tangerines and perhaps a banner 

9 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

It's for your daughter and while your there ask if you can have your picture taken kicking lumps out of Al and Mo as souvenir🤔

FIFY. Not that I advocate violence of any sort, but sometimes, just sometimes ...

Family first should be a motto for everyone .... I will be attending the first game because my best buddy is over from the US and its where we go when he's home. Im not letting the con man con me out of that time .... If I can swallow my pride you also can ...... there is an upside as he may well think ... well look at this this boycott isnt to bad ...... then the following home game .... despair :) 

19 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

FIFY. Not that I advocate violence of any sort, but sometimes, just sometimes ...

I had to re-read my post then just to make sure it wast advocating violence on our leaders haha.. 

33 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Hahaha! Yes, excellent suggestion. Then get the kids to pile in.

It's a no brainer. You have to go.

1 hour ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Dear Deidre, 

I’ve just found out that my daughters football team have been invited to BP on match day v Newport and will play on the pitch at half time, great and what a lovely opportunity for them. 

Not so great is that for all those excited children there will be one or two proud parents wishing to watch their kids big moment…but we have to pay. 

Now in normal circumstances I’d be willing (I think) but normal, things are not. 

So I find myself in somewhat of a dilemma as I’ve been boycotting since March 2019. 

Do I swallow my pride, briefly put my differences aside, hand over the shillings and enjoy my daughters big moment on the hallowed turf? 

Or do I stick two fingers up at them and tell them where to shove it, thus keeping my boycott and reputation (if indeed I still have one) intact, but have the fallout from a desperately disappointed nine year old. 

Yours faithfully, 

Dick 

Stick to your principles and don’t go - if you do go then your boycott will have meant nothing.

I will be at the game so I’ll let you know how she does 👍

Go pay the money and be a proud Dad if the opportunity comes to hurl obscenities at AL and Mo (out of ear shot of your daughter obviously think of the children etc) then sieze the moment. Although I doubt the former will be at the stadium he was rarely there in 19/20 I reckon he will be there even less next year I'd imagine.

As a Grandad who's very proud of his 3 grandsons who play ice  hockey and have represented England and GB, I say you must go to support your daughter. Be proud of her and let her know you are.

If you bump into either or both of the Basket Case Brothers, politely inform them that you will never set foot in BP again whilst they are there, but you couldn't do it to your daughter. Just let them know what a detestable pair they are.

faced with the prospect of watching the champions league final in hotel football, I was advised by a friend that if I kicked in a toilet I would cause 200 quids worth of damage and therefore ensuring Gary Neville would not profit from my spend at his venue.

you could employ the same approach. Not that I am condoning that 

8 hours ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Dear Deidre, 

Yours faithfully, 

Dick 

How many players are on her team?

I'm just wondering the cost involved to produce one-off kits with "AL & Mo, Time to Go" on the front of their shirts?

That would make you feel better about paying to watch.

Archived