Season Previews

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So…about 21st then…sounds about right going off our recent form and current squad additions.

We might surprise a few if we can keep a settled eleven but I seem to be saying that every preseason.

Lets be honest we haven’t a bloody clue have we!! 

10 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

So…about 21st then…sounds about right going off our recent form and current squad additions.

We might surprise a few if we can keep a settled eleven but I seem to be saying that every preseason.

Lets be honest we haven’t a bloody clue have we!! 

You can’t take friendlys as “recent form” playing non league - premier league opposition and at least 3 involving teams of players who won’t even be here 

Having said that I’m taking 22nd as a good season because our midfield is wank (we can’t even replace Garrity) and we have not replaced McAleneys goals 

2 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

You can’t take friendlys as “recent form” playing non league - premier league opposition and at least 3 involving teams of players who won’t even be here 

Having said that I’m taking 22nd as a good season because our midfield is wank (we can’t even replace Garrity) and we have not replaced McAleneys goals 

I’m wasn’t referring to the friendlies, perhaps I should have been more specific…..I’m referring to the last 3 seasons of unadulterated shite!!

4 hours ago, deyres42 said:

We'll be alright, lower bottom half, Sutton and Swindon for the drop, Port Vale and Tranmere to slug it out for the title.

Turn off the light and close the door

Being alright down here is no longer acceptable 

51 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Isn't that word order rather than pronunciation? 

With the 🤡🤡 in charge I'm in the dinghy of despondency 🚣‍♂️

Well yes, but my brain had as long as it took me to type 'and its' to come up w a word and that's what it gave me. Suppose l could have stopped to think, but when have l ever done that 😂

In reality none of us have any idea how this season will pan out.

Some are optimistic and some not so.

Evidence, recent history and squad quality or numbers leads people to be very negative about our chances.

Those of us who remain optimistic believe the division is so poor that anything can happen.

Bit of luck, decent manager, staying  injury free and other teams under performing suggest we could do well maybe.

So many people on here talk like they are experts, were just fans.

5 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

In reality none of us have any idea how this season will pan out.

Some are optimistic and some not so.

Evidence, recent history and squad quality or numbers leads people to be very negative about our chances.

Those of us who remain optimistic believe the division is so poor that anything can happen.

Bit of luck, decent manager, staying  injury free and other teams under performing suggest we could do well maybe.

So many people on here talk like they are experts, were just fans.

So basically - fuck logic and reason.

We always got blind hope. 😉

Archived