Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, maximus1267 said:

In reality none of us have any idea how this season will pan out.

Some are optimistic and some not so.

Evidence, recent history and squad quality or numbers leads people to be very negative about our chances.

Those of us who remain optimistic believe the division is so poor that anything can happen.

Bit of luck, decent manager, staying  injury free and other teams under performing suggest we could do well maybe.

So many people on here talk like they are experts, were just fans.

 

 

 

I tend to follow logic reason and evidence. I don't believe in being optimistic for optimism sake and hoping that reality will realign itself because it won't.

 

But because I follow logic and evidence I'm fairly confident that this rather grim period in the clubs history will eventually end, ALMO will be a distant memory and that at some point things will get better. Because their is plenty of evidence that shows that football clubs go through bad times and far more often than not come out the otherside of it.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Crowngreen said:

Depends whether you think the last 20 year decline is the blip or whether you think the 80s and 90s were the blip and then you could turn your view on its head and say that we have gone through the good times and has come out the other side of it? 

 

Oh FFS this dick head is back time to update my ignore list.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

 

Oh FFS this dick head is back time to update my ignore list.

 

Because they've raised a reasonable counter-argument to your point?  A bit OTT...

 

Finding it hard to believe the theory that these things even themselves out in football.  We were on the decline for 24 years.  Then we got even worse.  Even getting us back to where Corney had us seems like a pipe-dream.  Can't make a knowledgeable prediction because I can't even be arsed to research the players' names these days, never mind how good they are, but the way these idiots run the club and work in the transfer market historically would suggest to me that we're far more likely to finish bottom than top...

 

 

Edited by JoeP
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, JoeP said:

 

Because they've raised a reasonable counter-argument to your point?  A bit OTT...

 

Finding it hard to believe the theory that these things even themselves out on football.  We were on the decline for 24 years.  Then we got even worse.  Even getting us back to where Corney had us seems like a pipe-dream.  Can't make a knowledgeable prediction because I can't even be arsed to research the players' names these days, never mind how good they are, but the way these idiots run the club and work in the transfer market historically would suggest to me that we're far more likely to finish bottom than top...

Yep. I've heard that Hart has looked OK but I can't recall anything about his playing history or even his first name. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, JoeP said:

 

Because they've raised a reasonable counter-argument to your point?  A bit OTT...

 

Finding it hard to believe the theory that these things even themselves out on football.  We were on the decline for 24 years.  Then we got even worse.  Even getting us back to where Corney had us seems like a pipe-dream.  Can't make a knowledgeable prediction because I can't even be arsed to research the players' names these days, never mind how good they are, but the way these idiots run the club and work in the transfer market historically would suggest to me that we're far more likely to finish bottom than top...

 

It looks like the latest Magistar account.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

 

It looks like the latest Magistar account.

Magister or not it seems a perfectly reasonable viewpoint on an issue you raised and your reaction probably tells us more about you than it does him or her even if it is him or her 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well i've got to say I find this forum slightly amusing. A good win and everybody is positive, talking of making the playoffs etc. A dire dismal defeat and it's into oblivion we go. It's like a Mexican wave going round a full stadium, constantly up and down. For my part i've not seen a game since Scholesy left. I can't bear to watch shit. But i'm going to the first game against Newport on the grounds that A) Curly seems to know what he's talking about, B) Curly seems to have brought to and end (for now)the practice of bringing in random crap players.

No pre-judgment, see what happens, if they're still shit I won't go again. As the man said, "it's a funny old game".

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Crowngreen said:

Depends whether you think the last 20 year decline is the blip or whether you think the 80s and 90s were the blip and then you could turn your view on its head and say that we have gone through the good times and has come out the other side of it? 

 

This is a fair and reasonable argument, but...

 

2 hours ago, Unmasked said:

Magister or not it seems a perfectly reasonable viewpoint on an issue you raised and your reaction probably tells us more about you than it does him or her even if it is him or her 

 

...this looks a lot like you've created an account to agree with yourself!¬† ūüėĄ

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, JoeP said:

 

Because they've raised a reasonable counter-argument to your point?  A bit OTT...

 

Finding it hard to believe the theory that these things even themselves out in football.  We were on the decline for 24 years.  Then we got even worse.  Even getting us back to where Corney had us seems like a pipe-dream.  Can't make a knowledgeable prediction because I can't even be arsed to research the players' names these days, never mind how good they are, but the way these idiots run the club and work in the transfer market historically would suggest to me that we're far more likely to finish bottom than top...

 

 

Anybody who believes 'these things even themselves out over the season' is an idiot.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

 

This is a fair and reasonable argument, but...

 

 

...this looks a lot like you've created an account to agree with yourself!¬† ūüėĄ

Exactly my thoughts but I have a policy of not quoting the troll directly. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Yep. I've heard that Hart has looked OK but I can't recall anything about his playing history or even his first name. 

Career

CLUB FROM TO FEE LEAGUE FA CUP LGE CUP OTHER
        APPS GLS APPS GLS APPS GLS APPS GLS
Oldham 01 Jul, 21   Free 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0
Southend 11 Nov, 20 01 Jul, 21 Free 18 (3) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0
Shrewsbury 17 Jan, 20 01 Jul, 20 Loan 2 (2) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0
Southend 15 Jan, 19 05 May, 19 Loan 18 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0
Rochdale 30 Aug, 18 01 Dec, 18 Loan 11 (0) 0 1 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 1 (0) 0
Rochdale 17 Jan, 18 01 Jun, 18 Loan 1 (2) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0
Blackburn 31 Aug, 17 11 Nov, 20 Undisc. 0 (3) 0 1 (1) 0 0 (0) 0 2 (0) 0
Port Vale 25 Aug, 16 10 Jan, 17 Loan 9 (2) 1 0 (2) 0 0 (0) 0 3 (0) 0
Liverpool 06 Aug, 16 31 Aug, 17 Unknown 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0
Totals     £0 59 (12) 1 2 (3) 0 0 (0) 0 6 (0) 0
Goals per Game       0.01 0 n/a 0
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Career

CLUB FROM TO FEE LEAGUE FA CUP LGE CUP OTHER
        APPS GLS APPS GLS APPS GLS APPS GLS
Oldham 01 Jul, 21   Free 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0
Southend 11 Nov, 20 01 Jul, 21 Free 18 (3) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0
Shrewsbury 17 Jan, 20 01 Jul, 20 Loan 2 (2) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0
Southend 15 Jan, 19 05 May, 19 Loan 18 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0
Rochdale 30 Aug, 18 01 Dec, 18 Loan 11 (0) 0 1 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 1 (0) 0
Rochdale 17 Jan, 18 01 Jun, 18 Loan 1 (2) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0
Blackburn 31 Aug, 17 11 Nov, 20 Undisc. 0 (3) 0 1 (1) 0 0 (0) 0 2 (0) 0
Port Vale 25 Aug, 16 10 Jan, 17 Loan 9 (2) 1 0 (2) 0 0 (0) 0 3 (0) 0
Liverpool 06 Aug, 16 31 Aug, 17 Unknown 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0
Totals     £0 59 (12) 1 2 (3) 0 0 (0) 0 6 (0) 0
Goals per Game       0.01 0 n/a 0

 

inspiring...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

 

inspiring...


good grief has every one taken suicide pills this week??

 

he’s looked really good in pre season, there’s enough shit to be depressed about at this club without creating more - wait till you see him (or know his first name) hey? 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:


good grief has every one taken suicide pills this week??

 

he’s looked really good in pre season, there’s enough shit to be depressed about at this club without creating more - wait till you see him (or know his first name) hey? 

All fair points but it's not a record to fire the spirits. Possible that we'll be looking at the last few years as a golden age soon. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...