OASF AGM

I'm surprised this topic hasn't been started already.

Last nights meeting showed the glaring difference between the old guard and the new. Board meetings in future (I presume all the director candidates will be accepted) will be very fractious. I'm afraid that some directors of one side, or the other may walk away, because they are polls apart in achieving what we all want, which is a well run and respected football club.

Paul Hughes(OAFC director) seems to have quietly convinced AL to negotiate with the OEC to get the North Stand opened to fans, and to get an experienced manager on a long term contract. He wanted KC to be offered a 3 year contract, but did manage to get a 2 year contract for him. Whether these two decisions by the club are down to Paul's negotiating ability or not I don't know, but it seems to me that it is possible he has found a way to get them to listen. I will probably get shot down for saying that.

Paul also said, that one person stood in the way of the club signing the MoU, and that person is no longer at the club. I can only presume that person is Barry Owen, who may also have been the person preventing progress with the North Stand (who knows).

A lot of the questions submitted by members were just brushed aside by Jason Flynn, and grouped together at the last minute. I appreciate the Directors have jobs to do as well, but more time could have been taken over this. Jason seemed to want to rush through them to get the meeting over by 9pm. (perhaps he hadn't had his dinner). When put under pressure, he said it would be up to the new board to answer these questions. 

How OASF can possibly raise enough money to buy the stadium and car park, pay for the maintenance and rebuild two stands I don't know. I reckon that could run to around £20m. Jason  Flynn, in his daytime job, should know people with that kind of cash. He should also know how money like that could be raised. 

The possible new directors all seem to want to cut all ties with the club and use al means possible to force AL to sell, but they can't control who he sells to. I don't like the way he has been running the club, or the way he treats staff and players, but at least he seems to putting around £500k into the club each year, according to OASF. I guess our best hope is for AL to walk away and OASF, with some investors take over the club, until they can find a suitable wealthy person (or persons) to buy the club and run it properly.

41 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I'm surprised this topic hasn't been started already.

Last nights meeting showed the glaring difference between the old guard and the new. Board meetings in future (I presume all the director candidates will be accepted) will be very fractious. I'm afraid that some directors of one side, or the other may walk away, because they are polls apart in achieving what we all want, which is a well run and respected football club.

Paul Hughes(OAFC director) seems to have quietly convinced AL to negotiate with the OEC to get the North Stand opened to fans, and to get an experienced manager on a long term contract. He wanted KC to be offered a 3 year contract, but did manage to get a 2 year contract for him. Whether these two decisions by the club are down to Paul's negotiating ability or not I don't know, but it seems to me that it is possible he has found a way to get them to listen. I will probably get shot down for saying that.

Paul also said, that one person stood in the way of the club signing the MoU, and that person is no longer at the club. I can only presume that person is Barry Owen, who may also have been the person preventing progress with the North Stand (who knows).

A lot of the questions submitted by members were just brushed aside by Jason Flynn, and grouped together at the last minute. I appreciate the Directors have jobs to do as well, but more time could have been taken over this. Jason seemed to want to rush through them to get the meeting over by 9pm. (perhaps he hadn't had his dinner). When put under pressure, he said it would be up to the new board to answer these questions. 

How OASF can possibly raise enough money to buy the stadium and car park, pay for the maintenance and rebuild two stands I don't know. I reckon that could run to around £20m. Jason  Flynn, in his daytime job, should know people with that kind of cash. He should also know how money like that could be raised. 

The possible new directors all seem to want to cut all ties with the club and use al means possible to force AL to sell, but they can't control who he sells to. I don't like the way he has been running the club, or the way he treats staff and players, but at least he seems to putting around £500k into the club each year, according to OASF. I guess our best hope is for AL to walk away and OASF, with some investors take over the club, until they can find a suitable wealthy person (or persons) to buy the club and run it properly.

Superb post. 

And you illustrate very well what I said would happen- which is it will become a battle of ideology, and having initially said I was wary of this I have come to conclusion that it’s going to be a necessary evil. I’m sick of the culture, where by one person has this seat and deludes themselves into thinking they have influence, and then reports back. The trust shouldn’t be about a seat, it isn’t a directorship, it isn’t a conflicted position where one person struggles to balance both sides. We have done it to death, and have got nowhere. 

The trust should be for everybody, and it’s direction should be led by what the majority want. It’s beyond laughable that the foundation are doing all these things, and yet they still haven’t figured out the most basic principle- to have agreed position that represents what the majority of fans want. 

AL must be pissing sides. 

It all seemed like a massive inconvenience to Flynn, not sure why he is involved if that is his usual attitude.

Phillippa pretty much admitted that having the Trust rep on the board is pointless due to the conflict of interests between the roles.

They said they haven't found roles for 13 volunteers despite asking for volunteers.

Tracy and Mark Harrington seem very sound.

Matt Dean would be an excellent figurehead for the organisation going forward.

23 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

I don't think Paul was lying. Perhaps the club have been negotiating with Blitz, who they regard as 'the organ grinder'.

22 hours ago, deyres42 said:

It all seemed like a massive inconvenience to Flynn, not sure why he is involved if that is his usual attitude.

Phillippa pretty much admitted that having the Trust rep on the board is pointless due to the conflict of interests between the roles.

They said they haven't found roles for 13 volunteers despite asking for volunteers.

It did seem a massive inconvenience to Flynn. He is the one with the most influential job to find new investors. Perhaps he doesn't even mention Latics when he's with his colleagues, and I wouldn't expect him to say anything in his professional role. Flynn is also the best placed to show OASF how, and where best to raise funds.

Morning all.

I posted this in the Trust pinned thread last night.

http://www.trustoldham.org/2021/07/31/oasf-election-of-directors-july-2021/

I am almost out of my 50 days 50 steps AGM panic mode. If I get passed Weds appeal process i might be able to breath...haha.

AGM's are quite formal boxes to tick. We did have 57 questions maybe we should have factored how long each one should have taken first.

We will defo sort out a dedicated members q and a with the new board soon

Cheers everyone sorry if my face scared anyone. I tried to download myself as Charlize Theron but the damn laptop said no.

5 hours ago, underdog said:

Morning all.

I am almost out of my 50 days 50 steps AGM panic mode. If I get passed Weds appeal process i might be able to breath...haha.

AGM's are quite formal boxes to tick. We did have 57 questions maybe we should have factored how long each one should have taken first.

Cheers everyone sorry if my face scared anyone. I tried to download myself as Charlize Theron but the damn laptop said no.

Nothing to worry about. You did well Tracy.

5 hours ago, underdog said:

Morning all.

Ive seen you a few times don’t be so hard on yourself 🤣 you should also be commended for the work you do - it’s thankless, not least from me but I think the trust would have vanished a long time ago without people such as yourself- hopefully with the new additions we can add some teeth to the whole organisation 

38 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

North stand re-opening.. new signings today. Perhaps the OASF are making an immediate impact?

With the greatest respect to Paul Hughes; I don't think the owner/CEO could care less what he, or the Trust, are saying...

19 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

With the greatest respect to Paul Hughes; I don't think the owner/CEO could care less what he, or the Trust, are saying...

The CEO and the fans rep have got this done and in fairness they needed too.

5 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

The OEC and Evans have. The OEC already stated last week that they had no correspondence with the fans rep...

The OEC didn’t get the ball rolling with the owner,the fans rep stated on his appointment a priority was the reopening of the stand,3 months later it’s reopening!

2 minutes ago, GrahamHughes said:

The OEC didn’t get the ball rolling with the owner,the fans rep stated on his appointment a priority was the reopening of the stand,3 months later it’s reopening!

Karl Evans (who has been at the front of these negotiations) said when he was appointed a year ago that the stand was a priority. Anything the fans rep told him would make no difference. It was Evans who has been in dialogue with the OEC and Evans and the OEC who together thrashed out the deal. I know he's your dad and all that, but he hasn't had anything to do with the opening of the stand...

56 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Karl Evans (who has been at the front of these negotiations) said when he was appointed a year ago that the stand was a priority. Anything the fans rep told him would make no difference. It was Evans who has been in dialogue with the OEC and Evans and the OEC who together thrashed out the deal. I know he's your dad and all that, but he hasn't had anything to do with the opening of the stand...

A priority taking a year?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2021 at 6:26 PM, deyres42 said:

Seems as though Flynn and Paul Hughes have resigned their positions.

9 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Saw on Twitter that Paul has resigned, be interesting to see why both felt the need to resign? Wonder whether they will open up to supporters 

It's obvious really. They don't agree with the way the Foundation is about to be run.

22 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Would you blame them? I wouldn't.

Wouldn't blame anyone but would like to know if they are resigning because they feel the Foundation is not working for them OR because they fear that the Foundation may choose a different course to that being sailed at present. 

Archived