So, The Boycott...?

It's easy for me to say I'm boycotting but from 225 miles away there's no chance at all of me being a regular.

Is the boycott expected to successful and what sort of numbers will determine whether it has been?

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to boycott, but it's been that long since I went to a game (almost 2 years) I've changed my mind. I can't get to many games anyway these days, so I'm looking forward to it. 

7 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I was going to boycott, but it's been that long since I went to a game (almost 2 years) I've changed my mind. I can't get to many games anyway these days, so I'm looking forward to it. 

Same with me and 3 others so there might not be too much of a boycott, its hard to judge anyay with the fans we've already lost over the years.

4 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

Life's too short boycotting something that you love. It will just make you sad and angry.

I am really looking forward to it.   It's been a long time without football. It will be great to get the matchday buzz again.

How do the clowns destroying our football club make you feel?

13 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

Life's too short boycotting something that you love. It will just make you sad and angry.

I am really looking forward to it.   It's been a long time without football. It will be great to get the matchday buzz again.

I'll take my chance with the boycotting of home games. 

People have just become accustomed to accepting the dross served up at BP and even more so of the gruesome twosome sinking the ship.

I suppose it's like getting hooked on some kind of drug,you know it's fucking your life up but you can't stop.

New Season,same old story.

Ps, i won't be there.

13 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

For me its shit to see whats happening / happened to the club.

I dont just see the two clowns being at fault, I blame previous owners also, aswell as people within who should and could have done more over the years.

So will boycotting make any difference, no because it will not be that many, if you go back a few years the boycott started long ago.

If fans want to go then let them without ridicule. If you want to boycott then do so.

I love the club not the owners, so I will be there after really having thinking about it, but thats where I am.

7 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

For me its shit to see whats happening / happened to the club.  Me too

I dont just see the two clowns being at fault, I blame previous owners also, aswell as people within who should and could have done more over the years.  Inaction in the past makes it more important that we do something now.

So will boycotting make any difference, no because it will not be that many, if you go back a few years the boycott started long ago.  We don't know, but surely the more AL is deprived of cash, the more likely he is to leave.

If fans want to go then let them without ridicule. If you want to boycott then do so.  No ridicule from me. If you want to go,go. But don't imply you love the club more than those making the huge sacrifice of boycotting.

I love the club not the owners, so I will be there after really having thinking about it, but thats where I am.

I live in Lincolnshire and travel over to take my Dad to the match, something that we have done for a long time.  Yes the standard of football maybe poor and the alleged issues behind the scenes are concerning but we suffer the wind, rain and freezing conditions because for 90 minutes we escape the day to day personal struggles and spend a little quality time together.  Hence, I will not be boycotting because spending that quality time with my Dad means much more.      

7 minutes ago, archiecat said:

People have just become accustomed to accepting the dross served up at BP and even more so of the gruesome twosome sinking the ship.

I suppose it's like getting hooked on some kind of drug,you know it's fucking your life up but you can't stop.

New Season,same old story.

Ps, i won't be there.

I haven't become accustomed to the dross. If I had I would have stopped going when we were in what is now the Championship on the way down. There were some terrible games then. L2 is awful. I have sat there sometimes wondering what I was doing there, bored to death, but went again. I admit I get far more enjoyment at away games when I can go. imply because of the atmosphere. It's still dross on the pitch. 

2 minutes ago, Whitts said:

I live in Lincolnshire and travel over to take my Dad to the match, something that we have done for a long time.  Yes the standard of football maybe poor and the alleged issues behind the scenes are concerning but we suffer the wind, rain and freezing conditions because for 90 minutes we escape the day to day personal struggles and spend a little quality time together.  Hence, I will not be boycotting because spending that quality time with my Dad means much more.      

This, quality post.

My dearly departed dad was the reason I started my love affair with the club.

Enjoy and as you say the football may not be quality but the time there with your dad is.

5 minutes ago, Whitts said:

I wish my dad was around, I would have loved nothing to have attended games with my dad, its all his fault as to why I've followed  latics since 83  

3 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I haven't become accustomed to the dross. If I had I would have stopped going when we were in what is now the Championship on the way down. There were some terrible games then. L2 is awful. I have sat there sometimes wondering what I was doing there, bored to death, but went again. I admit I get far more enjoyment at away games when I can go. imply because of the atmosphere. It's still dross on the pitch. 

Individual choice isn't it, either go or don't.

19 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

They haven't destroyed it. It's still here, and we are still playing football.

No one likes what has happened over the last few seasons, but the club was in decline long before the Lemsagams arrived.

If the club ended up doing a Bury, you and the rest of the stay awayers will be just as culpable as the Lemmies. 

New season, some good new players, North stand open, football fans starved of live football for more than a full season, and yet you are still whinging.  There are far worse things happening in the world today, than what is happening at our football club.

I love my club, and have seen situations far worse than they are at the minute.

5 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

They haven't destroyed it. It's still here, and we are still playing football.

No one likes what has happened over the last few seasons, but the club was in decline long before the Lemsagams arrived.

If the club ended up doing a Bury, you and the rest of the stay awayers will be just as culpable as the Lemmies. 

New season, some good new players, North stand open, football fans starved of live football for more than a full season, and yet you are still whinging.  There are far worse things happening in the world today, than what is happening at our football club.

I love my club, and have seen situations far worse than they are at the minute.

Spot on... I think the club has been steered very well though this pandemic,  16 months without any real income coming through the tills.. 

People can say the off field doesn’t matter to them or isn’t relevant, and to extent I’d agree. If for example the owners were awful to work for, but put significant investment into the team and management, I would probably turn a blind eye to the off field because I’m fickle and want success. 

But unfortunately, there is no investment, and there is no hope so off the field stuff comes more into focus- in turn it’s easy to label it as boycotting when in actual fact it’s total apathy at the race to the bottom. 

I won’t go to homes game because we’ll do well to finish 18th, and I don’t like the owners. 

I may go away for a sing song, in spite  of the football and the owners. 

PTB and supporters have definitely initiated this change in direction…if the improvements continue then it’s a result…..it’s interesting that this has happened after a certain director has left the club!!

The timing with the announcement of the opening of the North stand brillant, any fans that were still thinking of boycotting on Saturday this will I believe encourage some to ditch a boycott and attend the game.There is certainly a feel good factor within the fanbase that wasn't there this time last season, Decent preseason signings ( hopefully more to come),a decent calibre of Head Coach and staff also in place. I say lets get the season started and make Boundary Park our fortress again

5 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

The timing with the announcement of the opening of the North stand brillant, any fans that were still thinking of boycotting on Saturday this will I believe encourage some to ditch a boycott and attend the game.There is certainly a feel good factor within the fanbase that wasn't there this time last season, Decent preseason signings ( hopefully more to come),a decent calibre of Head Coach and staff also in place. I say lets get the season started and make Boundary Park our fortress again

You are clearly snorting crack.

56 minutes ago, Whitts said:

See this for me is perfectly legitimate and that's why I won't have a go at people who decide to go. I just wish people like you and your Dad get to see better a better football club in future.

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

You are clearly snorting crack.

I certainly think there is a feel good factor whether that because we've all had break from the game and we are all itching to get back, I am, I eat breathe the game but yes my comments do come across at times as if I've been on drugs 😀

Archived