So, The Boycott...?

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

They haven't destroyed it. It's still here, and we are still playing football. I never said they had.

No one likes what has happened over the last few seasons, but the club was in decline long before the Lemsagams arrived. So we should just allow the decline to continue?

If the club ended up doing a Bury, you and the rest of the stay awayers will be just as culpable as the Lemmies. No I wouldn't, you're being very silly there.

New season, some good new players, North stand open, football fans starved of live football for more than a full season, and yet you are still whinging.  There are far worse things happening in the world today, than what is happening at our football club.  And? Nothing to do with any points I made.

I love my club, and have seen situations far worse than they are at the minute. Do you think the fans sacrificing watching their club love Latics less than you? Get a grip.

I was leaving this but I can't leave the bullshit above unchallenged.

12 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

There is certainly a feel good factor within the fanbase that wasn't there this time last season, Decent preseason signings ( hopefully more to come),a decent calibre of Head Coach and staff also in place.

This just isn't true at all. This time last year, we had beaten a strong Forest side, a Lincoln side that were about to have a playoff campaign in the league above, DKD was scoring screamers and looking a good player, we were all enthused by McAleny and even Jombati and Garrity were earning rave reviews after their friendly displays. Kewell was being touted as the second coming of Joe Royle after some good friendly performances...

9 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

I certainly think there is a feel good factor whether that because we've all had break from the game and we are all itching to get back, I am, I eat breathe the game but yes my comments do come across at times as if I've been on drugs 😀

You are deluded and out of touch if you think that opening a stand which shouldn't have been closed in the first place has created a feel good factor in the fanbase people aren't stupid enough to believe its solved anything. 

I like football but I don't particularly like see us fail. I want to cheer when we score I support Oldham Athletic and want to see them win. I don't turn up to see them lose. While success is somewhat subjective to the club you support. You want to try and compete to win every game, and this club is not competing to anywhere the level it should be. I don't sing come on football I sing Come on Oldham. Otherwise what's the point of supporting a football club you may aswell just ground hop. Which looks an enticing prospect this season.

4 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

This just isn't true at all. This time last year, we had beaten a strong Forest side, a Lincoln side that were about to have a playoff campaign in the league above, DKD was scoring screamers and looking a good player, we were all enthused by McAleny and even Jombati and Garrity were earning rave reviews after their friendly displays. Kewell was being touted as the second coming of Joe Royle after some good friendly performances...

I understand what you're saying but I think the feel good factor is different than last season ,fans have been away from stadiums for over 16 months and  major issue has been dealt with, North stand back opened and the points that I raised last time. 

4 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

There must be some truth in what Frankies6 says. I wasn't interested one bit in going to a game or watching one ont't'internet last season but I'm going on Saturday for exactly the reasons that Frankie is talking about. I'm guessing there's more like me too.

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

You are deluded and out of touch if you think that opening a stand which shouldn't have been closed in the first place has created a feel good factor in the fanbase people aren't stupid enough to believe its solved anything. 

I like football but I don't particularly like see us fail. I want to cheer when we score I support Oldham Athletic and want to see them win. I don't turn up to see them lose. While success is somewhat subjective to the club you support. You want to try and compete to win every game, and this club is not competing to anywhere the level it should be. I don't sing come on football I sing Come on Oldham. 

Well if we are going with the expectation that we are never going to get we will be disssapointed when we do, and fans stopping going to their football club just because a stand is shut could also be viewed as a little pedantic but it's happened. 

1 minute ago, Frankies6 said:

I understand what you're saying but I think the feel good factor is different than last season ,fans have been away from stadiums for over 16 months and  major issue has been dealt with, North stand back opened and the points that I raised last time. 

1 minute ago, redlion said:

There must be some truth in what Frankies6 says. I wasn't interested one bit in going to a game or watching one ont't'internet last season but I'm going on Saturday for exactly the reasons that Frankie is talking about. I'm guessing there's more like me too.

You’re conflating the understandable joy of returning to normal- with some new found love affair for our team. 

I give it till 15.03 before you look around and think- ffs. 

Just now, League one forever said:

You’re conflating the understandable joy of returning to normal- with some new found love affair for our team. 

But how many times over the years have you said after getting beat and playing crap I'm never parting with another penny to watch that crap.. then Saturday comes...I remember me and my dad leaving the game against Derby County 4-1 loss at home we were terrible my dad said I'm never parting with any money until they pull their socks up... Next game we was there.lol 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

This right here. Once the initial novelty of returning to normal has worn off then people will start judging the games and the team on their merits. Their is no new found feel good factor about Oldham Athletic.

5 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

Well if we are going with the expectation that we are never going to get we will be disssapointed when we do, and fans stopping going to their football club just because a stand is shut could also be viewed as a little pedantic but it's happened. 

It wasn't just the North Stand though was it it was a whole host of reasons on top of that which added up to one big shitshow. Their is no new found feel good factor you are deluding yourself.

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

It wasn't just the North Stand though was it it was a whole host of reasons on top of that which added up to one big shitshow. Their is no new found feel good factor you are deluding yourself.

Well I could be , certainly a bit of positivity knocking whether that's because I'm glass half full person but I guess time will tell..

Just now, Frankies6 said:

But how many times over the years have you said after getting beat and playing crap I'm never parting with another penny to watch that crap.. then Saturday comes...I remember me and my dad leaving the game against Derby County 4-1 loss at home we were terrible my dad said I'm never parting with any money until they pull their socks up... Next game we was there.lol 

😂Frankie - this isn’t some walk down memory lane. Where we talk about football cliches, and the usual deluded optimism. 

We are not a normal club. We are a mess. 

13 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

There is no feel good factor, most fans are pretty pessimistic about the teams prospects for the season.

4 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

Well I could be , certainly a bit of positivity knocking whether that's because I'm glass half full person but I guess time will tell..

I'm all for abit of optimism pal but you're completely bending reality if you think their is a feel good factor. Their really isn't.

4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂Frankie - this isn’t some walk down memory lane. Where we talk about football cliches, and the usual deluded optimism. 

We are not a normal club. We are a mess. 

I take it you will be there on Saturday cheering on the boys in blue getting yourself a pie and pint at half time 😀

18 minutes ago, redlion said:

I only decided to go a couple of days ago, dragging 3 others with me, looking forward to it.

Footys back, sitting in BP again and carrying on where my dad started me 44 years ago.

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I can’t mate, I’m cheese grating my own knees instead. 

The lads excited for the start of the season, he may be a bit ott with the feel good factor but I think he means, in general with the stand opening a few new signings and a new season a fair few fans will be excited to get back.

Its a bad trait to knock enthusiasm out of people, if you have issues with the club then you deal with it your way and let Frankies6 deal with it his.

3 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

The lads excited for the start of the season, he may be a bit ott with the feel good factor but I think he means, in general with the stand opening a few new signings and a new season a fair few fans will be excited to get back.

Its a bad trait to knock enthusiasm out of people, if you have issues with the club then you deal with it your way and let Frankies6 deal with it his.

100%. Constantly berating him and calling him deluded isn’t really required. 

I’ll be there and I’m really looking forward to it.  Just a shame I will have to do one game in the RRE until I can switch back to my usual seat. COYB. 

8 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I’ll be there and I’m really looking forward to it.  Just a shame I will have to do one game in the RRE until I can switch back to my usual seat. COYB. 

I'm generally thick skinned , it shows that people are passionate about the club and the future of it, I do come across sometimes as an excited school but that's just my nature, and no I don't give out applauses to players when they play crap.

19 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Give over, he wants to go I don’t. He thinks we are on an upward curve- I don’t. So we’ve had a chat about it and a bit of laugh with each other. 

It’s a bad trait to come on messages boards and make baseless assumptions about people you don’t know. 

13 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Berating him. . . 😂😂

17 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Thanks. I think many are looking forward to getting back to what they love at weekends and midweek.. 

Archived