So, The Boycott...?

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Football is more than a game, it gives a sense of belonging, identity, community and shared memories to fans, families and people who become life long friends"

Go to games, don't go to games

Do what sits well with you 

Respect our own, regardless if we differ  

It will always be our football club 

31 minutes ago, Andy-latic said:

Going, I echo the same thing that many have said in the fact that life is short and I’m going to take every opportunity I can to spend time with the old man at the footy.

Not relevant to the boycott - but I’ve just read about Curle’s aim of top ten and it got me thinking when was the last time we actually finished in the top ten? Must be nearly 15 years? 

Suppose it depends which top ten youre talking about..

I remember watching Boycott take nearly 8 hours to score 17 runs.

Christine of Blackpool isnt wrong.

I dont have that level of patience or indeed, (comma for mikey) that amount of time anymore.

In any case, i just want to see my team "play".

I will be going. 

And, by going, i mean sat in front of my 75inch Android TV at midnight with my usual 3-4 500ml German beers and a couple of large Maker's Mark for dad. Who will be with me in spirit.

IFollow permitting.

59 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Attendance: 4,094 (317 away)

With such a long time without football it was always going to be a decent turnout…..Just wait until the novelty of a new season diminishes…we’ll know better soon enough!

Just now, oafc1955 said:

With such a long time without football it was always going to be a decent turnout…..Just wait until the novelty of a new season diminishes…we’ll know better soon enough!

That's not a boycott, then.  That's just not turning up because we're shit.  Which people have been doing for years.

I'd rather the number of fans attending stayed high and they make it clear to the owners that they're no longer wanted.

23 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I support PTB - or anyone - who voluntarily tries to change things.

But I've never thought a boycott was the way to go.  Doesn't mean PTB can't change their strategy, though?

think it is the right stratergy at the wrong time there was always going to be a boost in gates post covid lock outs 

49 minutes ago, JoeP said:

That's not a boycott, then.  That's just not turning up because we're shit.  Which people have been doing for years.

I'd rather the number of fans attending stayed high and they make it clear to the owners that they're no longer wanted.

The end result is still the same though less fans = Less money.

48 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I fear that PYTB may have backed themselves into a corner here

I wouldn't go that far they have given themselves enough wiggle room. From what I saw today people won't put up with watching that every week especially when so many while in attendance today haven't made the commitment of season tickets.

38 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

think it is the right stratergy at the wrong time there was always going to be a boost in gates post covid lock outs 

32 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

The end result is still the same though less fans = Less money.

The owners don't seem to care about that, though.  They seem more bothered about losing face.  I can't imagine how they're funding the club, but I think they're happier if the fans shut up, fuck off and let them get on with whatever their plan is for the club...

3 minutes ago, JoeP said:

The owners don't seem to care about that, though.  They seem more bothered about losing face.  I can't imagine how they're funding the club, but I think they're happier if the fans shut up, fuck off and let them get on with whatever their plan is for the club...

Empty seats also equals loss of face.

3 minutes ago, JoeP said:

What does making them lose face actually lok like? 

20 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

What does making them lose face actually lok like? 

Noise and protest from fans probably more than fans drifting away silently..,.

21 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Empty seats also equals loss of face.

I think only when attendances get to less than 4 figures will anyone notice...even then, as I say, it'll be interpreted as due to poor team performance, rather than any sort of message being sent.

We've lost four times as many fans as we've got left since the Premier League days.  At no point was that considered "a protest"...

2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

That's a terrible result for PTB today, the boycott may end up lasting as long as their food and drink one...

Not really - could have been over 5k without a boycott. Quite a few will have gone today after not having being able to go anywhere for nearly 2 years and will drift away pretty quickly.

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

That's a terrible result for PTB today, the boycott may end up lasting as long as their food and drink one...

Do the try to take any credit for the Joe Royle stand now becoming available

1 minute ago, mick26 said:

Not really - could have been over 5k without a boycott. Quite a few will have gone today after not having being able to go anywhere for nearly 2 years and will drift away pretty quickly.

Give it 4 or 5 home games attendances will be nearer the 2.5k mark for home fans

Archived