MATCH: vs Bristol Rovers (A) 17/08/2021

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

£24 for League 2 on a Tuesday night??  They can get stuffed

£20 for uncovered standing. The forecast currently looks OK for 17/08/21 but Bristol has had some biblical rain storms over the past few weeks, like most of the country.

4 hours ago, rudemedic said:

£20 for uncovered standing. The forecast currently looks OK for 17/08/21 but Bristol has had some biblical rain storms over the past few weeks, like most of the country.

It sure has. I saw an ark floating past the other day.

• Bender changed the title to MATCH: vs Bristol Rovers (A) 17/08/2021
  • Bender featured this topic
20 hours ago, Oldham_till_i_die said:

Rovers have lost all 3 of their matches so far. Mansfield 2-1 Rovers, Rovers 0-2 Cheltenham in the cup and Rovers 0-2 Stevenage. Surely a chance for oldham to pick up some points?

8 defeats in a row if you go back to last season. I'll be there. Deciding on the day whether to stand on the terrace or sit behind the goal...

12 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

8 defeats in a row if you go back to last season. I'll be there. Deciding on the day whether to stand on the terrace or sit behind the goal...

Sit behind the goal of you want to see all the pitch. You can lose a great chunk of the touch line from half way to the corner of you don't get near the front.

What are we thinking team wise? I'd be inclined to drop Adams and put Fage in, can't see Clarke playing; think he might be one who doesn't play many midweek games. Would Sheehan come in to the defence? Hopcutt went off injured on Saturday so probably a doubt. I'd be looking at something like this;

Rogers/Leutwiler/Emergency loan

Diarra (I know)

Pidge

Sheehan

Fage

Ciise

Whelan

Hart

Hope

Bahamboula

Dearnley

14 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

What are we thinking team wise? I'd be inclined to drop Adams and put Fage in, can't see Clarke playing; think he might be one who doesn't play many midweek games. Would Sheehan come in to the defence? Hopcutt went off injured on Saturday so probably a doubt. I'd be looking at something like this;

Diarra (I know)

Pidge

Sheehan

Fage

Ciise

Whelan

Hart

Hope

Bahamboula

Dearnley

No Stobbs?

12 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Diarra (I know)

Pidge

Sheehan

Fage

Ciise

Whelan

Hart

Hope

Bahamboula

Dearnley

Having Diarra in a back three scares me to death but, if Clarke isn't fit, not many other options. Maybe it could mean going back to a 4-4-2, but I can't see it happening.

Ticket info from the club is a bit outdated. They're showing tickets on sale with last week's dates.

22 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Diarra (I know)

Pidge

Sheehan

Fage

Ciise

Whelan

Hart

Hope

Bahamboula

Dearnley

I think it might be a new high/low in laughableness if we have to get an emergency loan keeper while our No. 1 keeper is sat in the stand

Big couple of games. Who ever plays they are in poor form and we really need a clean sheet to get a min of one point on board. Think this will be a tough one, don’t think we have a great record there either. Think id take a point now 

4 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Diarra (I know)

Pidge

Sheehan

Fage

Ciise

Whelan

Hart

Hope

Bahamboula

Dearnley

Can we have an emergency loan keeper under the current circumstances?

The back 3 if Clark is out would have to be Hart, Sheehan and Pidge, with Jameson probably replacing Sheehan later. Stobbs replacing Hart in midfield. Otherwise the rest look OK to me. Like a few others I don't see what Adams brings to the team and never have. He was no better than the others last season and apart from one free kick which produced a goal, the rest have been poor.

7 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Rogers/Leutwiler/Emergency loan/me/any passer-by

Diarra (I know)

Pidge

Sheehan

Fage

Ciise

Whelan

Hart

Hope

Bahamboula

Dearnley

Archived