MATCH: vs Sutton United (H) 28/08/2021

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

Any player of any level can run, tackle, show fight and desire. 

Having a go at players for not being able to spray a 50 yard to pass to feet is unfair. 

Having a go at players for hiding, not tackling, or tracking back isn’t unfair (as long as it’s not personal) and has nothing to do their quality and everything to do with their character and what they’re putting into the shirt. 

Effort versus ability. Agree

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, SweeperKeeper said:

We were linked with Austin Samuels, but he went to Aberdeen instead.  Having seen him a couple of times, it's no great loss.

I would rather have luamba in the side. Let's help develop him into a decent forward player. He had a fantastic game yesterday and i was Impressed with him and Hope upfront, personally right choice to take off Harry Vaughan as the game didn't suit his style of play.. 

Rather have Vaughan any day!!!

When Bahamboula’s shot was blocked and it fell to Luamba who scored there were 4 Latics players in the 18 yd box!

It was good to see and we need to continue that if we are to be more of a threat!!

Only a personal observation.

Plenty of the support present at the game had been to licenced premises and were vocal from the start in picking on the team and various individual members of the squad.

The "lady" in front of me spent the entire game with her back to the pitch on her mobile bemoaning the fact you couldn't get an alcoholic drink in the ground.

I think for some it was the first decent awayday and they were going to enjoy the event - some however went over the top!!

You pays your money and it's up to you what you do for 90 minuets - but some people need to open the dictionary and look up "supporter"

"a person who approves and encourages a policy or team"

Let's hope with the win they get behind the team and support them.:bluearmy:

21 minutes ago, Millibob said:

Plenty of the support present at the game had been to licenced premises and were vocal from the start in picking on the team and various individual members of the squad.

The "lady" in front of me spent the entire game with her back to the pitch on her mobile bemoaning the fact you couldn't get an alcoholic drink in the ground.

I think for some it was the first decent awayday and they were going to enjoy the event - some however went over the top!!

You pays your money and it's up to you what you do for 90 minuets - but some people need to open the dictionary and look up "supporter"

I know I’m not a teenager anymore but seeing folk on Twitter who were drinking pretty much from 5am and were still on it as I went to bed last night I wonder how they’re still alive 🤣

17 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I know I’m not a teenager anymore but seeing folk on Twitter who were drinking pretty much from 5am and were still on it as I went to bed last night I wonder how they’re still alive 🤣

Maybe their body's alive, the brain maybe another matter !

6 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I have to laugh at some of our supporters. I must be getting old lol.

At the newport home game I travel almost 3hrs to see the team and meet up with family.

After 5 minutes we get into a heated ish debate with around 5 lads in front of us, who are just standing no matter what, there was a young girl with her family who couldnt see, people asked if they could sit down, they just laughed at them and carried on standing, one of my family ( female ) then asked them to sit down because we and the youngster couldnt see, 2 of the lads just replied with absolute crap, my family member stood her ground and said if you want to stand go to the athletico section, they then said to her, " so your going to kick off with 18yr olds, she laughed and said, " kick off, I'm asking you politely to sit down"

Two refused and carried on standing, I jumped in and told them to sit down now, I was getting a bit agitated I must admit but I can't kick off with 18yr olds lol.....

After 5 mins they all moved elsewhere. Now at 18 I might have been a lad but I had respect for my elders and own fans especially.

That seems the way these days tho, sadly. 

I must admit I was thinking to myself If you spoke to me or my family like that in the street you would be eating tarmac !!!

On the way out of the car park I saw the group waiting for the Newort fans......  speaks volumes.

1 hour ago, Millibob said:

Plenty yesterday embarrassed themselves, constant goading and abusing their own team which even if you object to the way the club is ran is strange behaviour, it's only a handful but must be totally disenchanting if you are a player.

It's not the players fault, half are just not good enough but whose fault is that? I'm all for protests but they have to be done correctly and the players deserve to be backed 100% when they pull the shirt on.

I distinctly remember Ricky Holden bemoaning to a Sunday newspaper about the abuse players were getting from the paddocks. We were in our second season in the PL. Perhaps some will always look to abuse players. It might be their only outlet in life.

Moaning at poor play is one thing, but outright abuse really isn't going to achieve anything.

2 hours ago, Millibob said:

I know stood not to far in front of me, you travel all that way down at least turn round and watch the bloody game lol 

None of us would be good enough to play professional football, but if we got asked to play we wouldn't say no. These players don't deserve abuse because they get brought in and chosen to play. If you don't think they're good enough it's those that bring them in and those that pick them to play thats at fault

5 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

When Bahamboula’s shot was blocked and it fell to Luamba who scored there were 4 Latics players in the 18 yd box!

We were dead level with Luamba and DKD.  One or both of them were offside when Moyo shot and DKD “passed” the ball to Junior with his hand so no wonder their defender nearest to it was going crazy with the ref!  Couldn’t believe the lino missed both offences but thank fuck he did as it was a moment that I’ll never forget!  Yep, it was Sutton away but there’s simply nothing better than an injury time winner regardless of the shite regime.

The pitch was a disgrace and credit to Curle for changing the normal tactics of playing out from the back.  Hoof ball isn’t pretty to watch but that’s what was needed today.  As was Diarra to stop us being totally bullied.  Horses for courses and Pidge was outstanding.  Clarke continues to impress while Hope worked his bollocks off running the channels, something which is clearly missed by most of our fans.  Finally, a massive shout out to Luamba who gets better with every game. Watching him run down the touch line high-fiving the fans after the game was a magical moment and it’s a shame that it wasn’t captured on film.

Just home after 3 days on the piss in London.  The drive back to Darlington today from South London wasn’t fun but what a top weekend 😂😂😂

Bring on the Orient trip 😎😎😎

4 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

That explains lots of comments on here.

43 minutes ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

We were dead level with Luamba and DKD.  One or both of them were offside when Moyo shot and DKD “passed” the ball to Junior with his hand so no wonder their defender nearest to it was going crazy with the ref!  Couldn’t believe the lino missed both offences but thank fuck he did as it was a moment that I’ll never forget!  Yep, it was Sutton away but there’s simply nothing better than an injury time winner regardless of the shite regime.

The pitch was a disgrace and credit to Curle for changing the normal tactics of playing out from the back.  Hoof ball isn’t pretty to watch but that’s what was needed today.  As was Diarra to stop us being totally bullied.  Horses for courses and Pidge was outstanding.  Clarke continues to impress while Hope worked his bollocks off running the channels, something which is clearly missed by most of our fans.  Finally, a massive shout out to Luamba who gets better with every game. Watching him run down the touch line high-fiving the fans after the game was a magical moment and it’s a shame that it wasn’t captured on film.

Just home after 3 days on the piss in London.  The drive back to Darlington today from South London wasn’t fun but what a top weekend 😂😂😂

Bring on the Orient trip 😎😎😎

He may well do a lot of running, but when the ball came to him he was beaten by the defender nearly every time. He rarely held the ball up and was generally hopeless. However we are stuck with this lot for the season. DKD and Bettache did well when they came on.

Did Mikey slip up on the commentary when he said that he would personally have started Bottache, but he wasn't Kieth Curle or The Sporting Director. Was that a hint of interference?

5 hours ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

We were dead level with Luamba and DKD.  One or both of them were offside when Moyo shot and DKD “passed” the ball to Junior with his hand so no wonder their defender nearest to it was going crazy with the ref!  Couldn’t believe the lino missed both offences

They may have been offside when Moyo shot but, as the ball took a deflection of a Sutton defender, they were played onside.

Also I was behind the goal and in my opinion DKD cushioned the ball on his chest into the path of Luamba so no hand ball there.

I do agree with the rest of your post though 👍

13 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Rather have Vaughan any day!!!

It was good to see and we need to continue that if we are to be more of a threat!!

Unfortunately nothing that Vaughan tried came off for him. Taking him off at half time was absolutely the right thing to do. 

4 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

They may have been offside when Moyo shot but, as the ball took a deflection of a Sutton defender, they were played onside.

Also I was behind the goal and in my opinion DKD cushioned the ball on his chest into the path of Luamba so no hand ball there.

Yes so do I. Also think the players deserve credit for adapting to formation chamges and loss of personel . Thought the new goalie commanded his area better than we have seen for a while and wasnt intimidated . Cant help thinking if had played at Bradford we would have won.

8 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Only if the deflection was deliberate. Why is he called Moyo? 

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Only if the deflection was deliberate. Why is he called Moyo? 

The deflection was a deliberate movement as the defender went to block the shot as opposed to the ball hitting him. No idea why he calls himself Moyo… maybe one for PTB to hunt down?😀

Looks like there was a bit of trouble on the way home for some of our fans??

Saw a video on social media of a smashed up coach covered in blood at some service station. Looks like it was trouble with Everton fans.

Hope anyone involved is alright.

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

The deflection was a deliberate movement as the defender went to block the shot as opposed to the ball hitting him. No idea why he calls himself Moyo… maybe one for PTB to hunt down?😀

Moyo seems to be listed as part of his name on some sites, his cousin is called Yven Moyo too.

3 hours ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Looks like there was a bit of trouble on the way home for some of our fans??

Saw a video on social media of a smashed up coach covered in blood at some service station. Looks like it was trouble with Everton fans.

Hope anyone involved is alright.

Not heard of or seen anything Gaz, memories of the 70s spring to mind with trouble with Everton fans on one memorable day 

Archived