MATCH: vs Sutton United (H) 28/08/2021

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Betache and dare I say it, DKD changed that game last 20 mins or so. Im not going to blame any players today because the tactics where shocking. Go long go long go long. When we have noone to go long to. Betache and dkd got it on the floor. Which allowed whelan to play a bit. Feel for luamba and Vaughan who are thrown in and given zero chance. Chuffed for luamba, injury time winner for first points of the season has to be the best way to score your first goal

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

That result doesn’t change anything…we are in desperate trouble!!

Might change nothing but you still support the team no matter what.

Winning like that doesnt change the owners but it gives the team and fans a lift....... take some joy out of it, lifes short.

6 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

Well said. When most of us were younger we spent money on cars and clubbing etc. Either this generation has got rich parents or their loyalty is unquestionable. Great effort as always from the away following

I spent my money on Latics, beer and clubbing Chris, cars came many years later!!!  

Sutton were awful, they look worse than Harrogate and Barrow were last season.

We created nothing against them until we had nothing to lose and finally committed players and balls forward, and started getting it on the deck.  We look a lot more balanced with Bettache playing, and Leutwiler looks much more secure than Walker.

Really pleased for Luamba too, he deserved that after his performance today.

We can't keep leaving it until we're behind to chase the game though.

Also can I say, that pitch was terrible. Either it was played on way too early or they pitch was laid by some guy who turned up and offered to do it no questions for a monkey. 2 injured players and cut up almost immediately. Ball was bobbing everywhere. Referee was also shite. 2 latics players upended then diarra wins the ball straight after and gets booked

Let’s all enjoy the win tonight . Will not change the off field problems but congratulations to the players today and all those who travelled.

Horrible game and clueless tactics. We can’t afford to see him off, but if we could I would still replace him with Jim Gannon.

if he bores the players in the same manner he does the fans there is no future with him in charge.

34 minutes ago, petera1 said:

Let's not get catried away, hopefully means we just need to bank on one more worse team than us and I tend to be a happy clapped !

I think we were being ironic, but you're right. I'm actually watching Southend  against Stockport. I think we might struggle if we go down. Good goal from Rooney.

Let us indeed pray that there are two teams worse than we are.

14 minutes ago, latics22 said:

We beat potentially the worst team in the league with an 88th and 96th min winner not sure that makes us the 2 nd worst team just. Not time to crack out the bunting just yet. Survival is our only aim at the min.

Nonsense today is the best day of my life.

59 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

I think we were being ironic, but you're right. I'm actually watching Southend  against Stockport. I think we might struggle if we go down. Good goal from Rooney.

Let us indeed pray that there are two teams worse than we are.

Said I'd take 22nd before the seas started. I'd rip someone's arm off for it now 

4 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

DKD for Vaughan 

Fuck off 

4 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

If DKD is the answer, what's the question?

4 hours ago, kowenicki said:

who has the worst first touch at the club. 

3 hours ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

It's coz he's shite

😮 

sometimes when you look back…

13 minutes ago, astottie said:

If Curle lasts the season I say we will be top half. £5 bet to Owtb funds Dave?😬

i like curle also but when I watch us under him we don’t commit a lot forward. I really struggle to see how we will win that many games playing as we do. I think kewell got more out of a worse team but hope ur right and after 10-15 games it all clicks and we start to look a good team at both ends 

Archived