Alternative Fundraising Ideas for the Contingency Fund

wroteforluck87

Not sure if this thread has been tried before but  I was hoping it become an area of the forum where alternative fund raising ideas could be hatched and hopefully put in to fruition. Obviously we know there is only so much time and effort that can be put in from the volunteers who work within the Trust/Foundation so hopefully OWTB members could help each other out in getting a few of these ideas up and running..

Please feel free to contribute with any ideas you think could work

• Thanks 1

I'm going to get the ball rolling with an idea I posted on twitter a few months back which was a Oldham Athletic Football Shirt Exhibition at the time of posting the person who runs the @oldhamshirts account on twitter said they would be willing to help.

I'm also going to float the idea of trust tshirts but with more trendy ideas than just the trust badge there is a few websites selling "football/terrace fashion" we could pinch ideas such as https://art-of-football.com/collections/all and https://www.footballdevotion.com/ etc 

I was thinking a while ago maybe we could have a digital Boundary Park (any capacity - start with current one) and then may be a contribution of £1 a fan, try to fill it with names of people who you know have graced the Chaddy End or any other park of the ground since time immemorial. 

For my part, I could be with my granddad (RIP), my uncle (RIP), my brother (RIP), my cousin, my son, my son's fiancee & my son's fiancee's sister all in the same row - 8 of us in total, none of whom currently attend. I would happily part with £8 for this to start filling up the stand. 

A bit like the bricks on the walls of the North Stand (I have got mine and my son's there but these were £50 a throw), but at an affordable level. 

Maybe worth a dabble?            

• Like 1

• Matt featured this topic
  • 1 month later...
On 10/6/2021 at 3:29 PM, Dave_Og said:

i see there is a memorabilia auction but I can't find any details of what's in it or if items are wanted

Apologies Dave, I forgot my password and its took me ages to get around to sorting it out - Doh!

One of our Directors is working on the list of stuff, TBA when we have finalised it nearer the time

• 3 months later...