Leutwiler

I'm actually more concerned after that statement as it suggests the restrictions aren't being lifted in the short term.

I think we need to be finding out how much the loan was for, why it is felt it was needed and most importantly when are they intending on clearing it?

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I'm actually more concerned after that statement as it suggests the restrictions aren't being lifted in the short term.

I think we need to be finding out how much the loan was for, why it is felt it was needed and most importantly when are they intending on clearing it?

A very good point.  From a team building point of view if it is not cleared within the next week or so then this squad is pretty much as good as it gets until at least January but that's probably the least of our worries.

3 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

I'm not sure why people are saying Leutwiler would void a contract where he's happy with the pay and terms

He's almost certainly being paid even if he's not playing.  The club wouldn't be renegotiating and trying to loan him out otherwise. 

Can you loan out a player who you can't register?

You are spot on Dave O. Any agent worth his salt would know of the embargo regulations to protect his clientele . Put simply the club statement was a representation of negligence and mal-administration by club staff.

Many EFL regulations are complicated by nature but the Embargo one is a simple read . Despite this the club still continue to pull the wool over people’s eyes. 
This was an expensive mistake and I have no doubt Abdallah will have been conned as to the reasoning.

Normally the club solicitor would be involved but I suspect that those at the club believe that they are above such advice.

Your simply don’t make mistakes with contracts, There is a Governance Department and Solicitor at the EFL who will readily help and give advice.

the club say they are supporting the player. Of course they are, they are paying him as per his contract which is not voided by the regulations or the clubs inept staff.

2 hours ago, SweeperKeeper said:

I'm not sure why people are saying Leutwiler would void a contract where he's happy with the pay and terms

He's almost certainly being paid even if he's not playing.  The club wouldn't be renegotiating and trying to loan him out otherwise. 

Not sure he'll be that happy. His base pay is likely to be supplemented by bonuses - win bonus, clean sheet bonus.....actually never mind.

"Due to an unfortunate misinterpretation of the full terms of the monitored EFL loan Oldham Athletic are having to renegotiate with Jayson."

According to the terms of the EFL Transfer Embargo all Latics can offer is a one-year deal at the maximum of £800 a week, which doesn't give the club much room to negotiate!

3 hours ago, LaticMark said:

"Due to an unfortunate misinterpretation of the full terms of the monitored EFL loan Oldham Athletic are having to renegotiate with Jayson."

According to the terms of the EFL Transfer Embargo all Latics can offer is a one-year deal at the maximum of £800 a week, which doesn't give the club much room to negotiate!

It’s fairly simple when you put it like that! How did the wonderful admin of our club get it so wrong?

Amazing that they announced so proudly on the website the 2 yr contracts for both players. Wow!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2021 at 2:20 PM, Barryowen said:

You are spot on Dave O. Any agent worth his salt would know of the embargo regulations to protect his clientele . Put simply the club statement was a representation of negligence and mal-administration by club staff.

Many EFL regulations are complicated by nature but the Embargo one is a simple read . Despite this the club still continue to pull the wool over people’s eyes. 
This was an expensive mistake and I have no doubt Abdallah will have been conned as to the reasoning.

Normally the club solicitor would be involved but I suspect that those at the club believe that they are above such advice.

Your simply don’t make mistakes with contracts, There is a Governance Department and Solicitor at the EFL who will readily help and give advice.

the club say they are supporting the player. Of course they are, they are paying him as per his contract which is not voided by the regulations or the clubs inept staff.

“We didn’t make any contract mistakes in my day….nope… never”

Some good news at last. Seriously though what a cock up! its cost us points sure we would have had something on the board by now if he had played from the start of the season

We should be thankful for Jayson for putting up with this and showing a willingness to still want to play for the club

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Some good news at last. Seriously though what a cock up! its cost us points sure we would have had something on the board by now if he had played from the start of the season

We should be thankful for Jayson for putting up with this and showing a willingness to still want to play for the club

Spot on.

Very surprised he’s given us a go. 

Archived