MATCH: vs Accrington Stanley (H) 24/08/2021 - 19.00 - Carabeo Cup Rd 2

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Tuesday night home game as well.  It's got 1-1 draw and win on penalties for us written all over it.

Bit rash of me to assume we'd keep a clean sheet and score, but otherwise I was always supremely confident in my prediction.

2 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Bet the Lemmys are dreading a televised home tie...

I imagine they will welcome the money a big tie will bring. Should help them get through the next 6 months. 

Think this is the first time since what 2002 under Dowie that we have got to round 3

18 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Get in! Proper drama. Good commentary, again. Third round! when was the last time we got to the third round?

2002/03 - after beating Notts Co and Derby, we beat West Ham away.

8 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

2002/03 - after beating Notts Co and Derby, we beat West Ham away.

I was at that one. Was living in Bath at the time. Tube station was shut after the game and nearly missed the last National Express back. Happy days.

Thought we were pretty good tonight to be honest. For a 0-0 I enjoyed that. We are still crying out for a decent striker, but lots of positives. Thought Vaughan was great again, and caused them problems, however we had our best spell when he went off and Adams came on. On that cameo Adams is wasted at RB or RWB and should be used in a more attacking position, he also brought the best out of Fage who I thought was excellent 2nd half. Even DKD made an impact when he came on, which is about time. Luamba put a right shift in and should have scored, but I do think it’s too soon at this level in a starting position. I thought Hope was poor again, not impressed so far. 
Abdallah protests took on a new level today, outside the ground, inside the ground, tennis balls and lots more on the pitch. I’ve got to be honest, and say the kids today in RRE are a real credit. Created a good atmosphere, getting behind the side and also ramping it up with the Abdallah stuff. Fair play to them I say!!!

6 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Worked hard, we had a few hairy moments in defence but also fluffed a couple of chances.

Well done Harry Vaughan for his hour of trickery and effort.

Mini Bamboozler from now on.

Spot on. 

Vaughan has to start every game. Brilliant. 

Fage and Baha worked well together again tonight as they did against Tranmere. 

Luamba put himself about and caused problems. Their no.5 was not happy with him despite being twice his size. 

Adams seems to do better as a sub. 

Whelan played better tonight, even putting tackles in for god sake! 

Defence was solid and Himt was everywhere.

Diarra played really well. Strong.

All in all a good performance and actually a pretty decent atmosphere. 

Very enjoyable. 

Archived