LETS REVIEW WHAT EVERYONE WANTS

I have been really touched by the extent of feelings and emotion felt by the majority of fans. I suspect that many of us are more worried and anxious than we would care to admit.

We all have one thing in common. We are not asking for a lot and want our club to survive in the football league. Old buggers like me have a lot of memories to hold on to but the fight has got to be for the young fans of the club.

The brothers are difficult people, one being worse than the other. Like many businessmen they surround themselves with bright young solicitors and accountants.

Abdallah’s solicitor and Director, Adam  Moralee is a very pleasant, personable and bright City Solicitor.

Hopefully he will advise his client in the proper manner and I have asked him to provide details if any sale is possible. I am not holding my breathe for a response but I know Adam will reply if he has something to report.

it is obvious that the vast majority of the fan base have lost confidence in the ownership and hierarchy of the club. Communication, ticketing and the treatment of fans seems to tip the list of “how not to run a business”. As Abdallah has left you to run the business I urge you Mr Evans to look around yourself and take note. I know you read this board and Twitter and you really do need to follow through on you commitment to engage when first appointed. 

It appears that the various groups are now pulling together. Whether you agree or disagree on any strategy they produce is a matter for each individual. 
i will personally support any legal means to achieve a change of ownership.

A long time before I left the club I could see the direction it was taking. I saw a distinct change of attitude with Abdallah that co-incited with the unfortunate death of his father. 
Given my  much publicised  conflict with the brothers I made one promise to Abdallah. Call me vindictive or bitter you may think, but I told him I would work towards his removal from the club in the interests of all its fans.

My anger was large brought about by his brother but I mention all this again because he is the real voice and problem  at the present time.

Again I urge everyone to be united in the fight for one cause. There must be a plan to what you do lawfully. Fans  need to be patient because it may take time. It’s a bit like countries taking measures  against other countries who have caused conflict.

The  secret with this conflict centres on money. This is the weakness of the ownership and will press the panic button if income decreases.

Fans need to hit the pockets hard of both the owners of the Club and the Landlord Blitz. They may eventually see the sense of talking to the fans group in moving matters forward. At the moment they are calling the fans bluff , believing they will sit the storm out.

I will continue to work hard in the background to help matters along. There are  interested investors but the right assets must be available.

I am certain the EFL will not continue to lend money to the club but they are in a catch 22 situation because they do not want to be seen to preside over a failing club that could go into administration.

On the other hand many club who are struggling without the help of a loan have genuine concerns and I am lobbying those clubs to ask certain questions.

For those few who have shown interest I have had a response from the Council in the last 24 hours , acknowledging a need to look at there own actions regarding the millions they put into the North Stand. You never know we might get the property back one day which will solve a lot of the clubs financial problems , which was intended in the first instance. In my wildest dreams I would like to encourage the Council to obtain a “stay” on the surrender from the Club to Brassbank.

We must not stand in the way of those fans who have neither the will nor inclination to be involved and they should be left to tread their own paths

Goid luck to everyone in all your effort and please keep the faith.

6 hours ago, Barryowen said:

For those few who have shown interest I have had a response from the Council in the last 24 hours , acknowledging a need to look at there own actions regarding the millions they put into the North Stand.

‘acknowledging a need’… 😮

7 hours ago, Barryowen said:

For those few who have shown interest I have had a response from the Council in the last 24 hours , acknowledging a need to look at there own actions regarding the millions they put into the North Stand. You never know we might get the property back one day which will solve a lot of the clubs financial problems , which was intended in the first instance. In my wildest dreams I would like to encourage the Council to obtain a “stay” on the surrender from the Club to Brassbank.

But surely that's not the first time they've been asked?

One of life’s mysteries why they have not acted to date to protect their interests. I can only try to motivate them.

I will leave it up to people to decide their motives.

Are they embarrassed as I say or does it expose officers and politicians .??????

5 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

‘acknowledging a need’… 😮

They way move that will take years, by then there will be newly elected councillors and managenent saying the same thing. Thus it goes round and round getting nowhere.

There must be a paper trail in the council offices to establish what happened, that surely needs investigating by the police if wrong doing is suspected?

Spot on BP. I have asked the police to have another look and made complaint. As I expected they appear to have gone into defensive mode that some will understand on this site.

I really do need  a fans petition for the council to see.

My efforts to be frank should not be necessary.

I have now involved other parties and the District Auditor is now aware.

Going forward, If necessary , I will involve the Ombudsman and  HMIC.

Whichever  officers, councillors or leader is involved makes little difference to which authority can investigate

If that goes nowhere then I will act as a litigant in person. I am absolutely determined to give it my best shot to get the asset back to where it belongs.

4 hours ago, Barryowen said:

Spot on BP. I have asked the police to have another look and made complaint. As I expected they appear to have gone into defensive mode that some will understand on this site.

Whichever  officers, councillors or leader is involved makes little difference to which authority can investigate

If that goes nowhere then I will act as a litigant in person. I am absolutely determined to give it my best shot to get the asset back to where it belongs.

Perhaps an open letter to fans which explains the ‘facts’ as you see them and asks fans to then sign up to a petition to be submitted to the council for them to act. 

that is going to be far more effective than you acting alone Barry. 

4 hours ago, Barryowen said:

See what I don't get about this is that the stand was built in 2015 yet you didn't notice this until 2019 despite the fact you were a Director of the football club and privy to all the information here. Despite the fact 2015-2019;we were consistently struggling to pay the wages and on several occasions we were under transfer embargo.

To not notice the fact that this stand didn't belong to us during that time, just shows how far out of your depth you were as a director of the football club. 

Also bearing in mind the fact you have blatantly lied about me trying to convince people I'm Neil Joy. Why should I believe a word that you are saying right now?

6 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

See what I don't get about this is that the stand was built in 2015 yet you didn't notice this until 2019 despite the fact you were a Director of the football club and privy to all the information here. Despite the fact 2015-2019;we were consistently struggling to pay the wages and on several occasions we were under transfer embargo.

To not notice the fact that this stand didn't belong to us during that time, just shows how far out of your depth you were as a director of the football club. 

Also bearing in mind the fact you have blatantly lied about me trying to convince people I'm Neil Joy. Why should I believe a word that you are saying right now?

Because ‘things change’ right Barry.

6 hours ago, Barryowen said:

You  could start an on line petition Barry?

Andy B and Glossop.

You both make excellent points. I think the “are you Neil Joy “ is now exhausted and perhaps you are due an apology if I caused you any upset. This was not the arena to make such claims and anyway it is totally irrelevant.

it sound very clinical when your merely refer to 2015- 2019. You might remember me previously saying that only one Director, Ian Hill was trusted with the business of the new complex. We did have updates at Board Meetings but these were brief.

In actual fact I was doing my job properly without much support from others when

I started to do my own investigation.

it was confusing to me that the much publicised millions given by the Council was meant for the Football Club and not Brassbank. There seemed a lot of confusion at the time as to who was fronting the project. 

Board Members we’re not informed about the surrender of the North Stand to

Brassbank until the dirty deed had occurred.  I assumed there was one exception because  one  board member had been involved in the valuations of property and it could only be assumed that the same person would have known of the surrender.

During my own investigation, I revealed that some months before the surrender ,Simon Corney had received a substantial

payment in the region of £850.000 to relinquish his shareholding and position with the OEC.

Of course the parties would be aware that by Corney remaining with OEC, it would raise some suspicion when the surrender occurred from the club where he was the owner to a company where he has an shareholder interest.

I was also aware that the Council had paid substantial monies to the project before it was actually started and it was necessary for it to be revealed where that had gone.

When  money had to found for the start of the building there should have been some money in the bank. If it was found from elsewhere it was important to find out where monies had been borrowed from to replace that already used.

I realised it would be wrong for parties to claim that borrowed monies amounted to a debt when they had used the money elsewhere.

There is no trace if proper accounting despite the Council insisting on proper audit throughout.

The first grant of £700.000 came as a Community Grant which was used for various bills to start the project off. This came as a shock to the Community Trust because there name had been used for the Council to justify the first amount.

The grant came with many conditions which benefitted  the Trust but also stated that the building could not be interfered with for 20 years.

The  next monies that came from the  Council amounted to over a million pounds to assist the building.

Finally the Council , after gaining planning permission for the Lancaster Club purchased the land FROM THE CLUB for well in excess of 3 million pounds. It is clearly stated that it only paid the inflated price so long as much of it was used for the North Stand. This was to be done in stage payments as the Stand progressed.

These are facts and not opinion and you could be forgiven that the whole stand was built and financed by the councils money.

Those who doubt me should be aware that I have got all the documents highlighting these amounts and the conditions that should apply.

When Corney did the deal with Abdallah he failed to seek the permission of the Council but there again he had already completed a  surrender of the North Stand that I question in every respect. 

Glossop it is very easy to assume that everything in the club was known or revealed to every Director. I remember Simon Brooke have difficulties getting account information.

Obviously I don’t agree with your description that I was out of my depth. You don’t know me nor do you know of the work I did within the club. You certainly don’t know of the extreme difficulties that all Directors were working under with the regime of the day.

it is so easy for people to make clinical

judgements but life was not like you might have imagined under Blitz and Corney.

Thanks BP, might get the online Petition up and running and hope this sort of information encourages people to sign

I keep saying it but in my view Blitz, Corney and Gazal are the real cause of our downfall....ok, they saved us initially but they did it to try and make money rather than build a community and fan focussed football club...they lied about their motives and even now continue to try and make money from the deal without a care for the town or club.

They are parasites 

1 hour ago, Ritchierich said:

I keep saying it but in my view Blitz, Corney and Gazal are the real cause of our downfall....ok, they saved us initially but they did it to try and make money rather 

Yes, obviously.  If that opportunity hadn't been there the club would very likely have died in 2004.  

47 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

I keep saying it but in my view Blitz, Corney and Gazal are the real cause of our downfall....ok, they saved us initially but they did it to try and make money rather than build a community and fan focussed football club...they lied about their motives and even now continue to try and make money from the deal without a care for the town or club.

They are parasites 

I'll agree that they are significant contributors to elements of our downfall, but so much of our current position both on and off the pitch is solely down to the poor running of the club since the Lemsagams took over.  There is a long list of reasons fans would give for why they are unhappy at the current situation and I'd guess the vast majority of those could be put right by the Lemsagams without any restrictions from the previous regime.

They should have been working with the fans to find a way to get everything back from Blitz rather than treating everyone as the enemy.  They are totally incompetent, and worse than that, they are either oblivious or indifferent to their own incompetence. That's what is currently threatening our league existence.  I personally don't see how having the ground and land under the Lemsagams control would help at the moment - they've given no indication they'd be able to get it to make money for the club let alone spend any money wisely.

Where they all have something in common though is the apparent belief that they are owed back some or all of any money they chose to put into this football club. And they are all happily ruining the club - an important community asset - in an attempt to claw back their losses in some way.

Both parties need to openly advertise their assets for sale immediately at fair current market prices.

Hi Barry,

I don’t post on here much these days other than to do the fantastic prediction league. 

I just want to point out that for a long time you seemed to look on any fan who had a dissenting voice with contempt. 

in a very short turn-around time, you’ve now evidently placed yourself among those fans. 

I don’t know you personally and don’t want to embark on a slagging match. 

Just want to say that it sticks in the craw a bit. 

It doesn’t take a leap of imagination to envisage you switching to the other side of the table at some point down the line, if there is a down the line, as true or not the perception is it’s more about Barry Owen than the club. 

I think it might be time for you to step away from the turmoil at this point. 

I don’t post this with the aim of trying to upset Barry - it’s just my opinion. 

I’ll leave it at that. 

10 hours ago, Barryowen said:

Andy B and Glossop.

You both make excellent points. I think the “are you Neil Joy “ is now exhausted and perhaps you are due an apology if I caused you any upset. This was not the arena to make such claims and anyway it is irrelivent

Barry,

ln the above para you sum yourself up perfectly and it is a fantastic insight as to why you are so widely despised.

What you have done is loudly and repeatedly shout incorrect information, in a bullying manner, when all around can see you are wrong. Then you do a bit more, for some mad reason and then do it some more to the point where it becomes an issue. Then, when finally your brain eventually catches up with reality and you briefly realise how stupid you again look, you push it out of your head, pretend its not real and start shouting about something else.

You are a parasite. An attention seeking, power hungry parasite.

The police will be looking at your conplaint with blinkers on bc they also think the same as me. Another organisation that you lied and lied for and even they couldnt bring themselves to keep you involved.

Takes a special kind of special to be you.

Wish you would just fuck off 'helping' bc it is doing the opposite.

Just now, Monty Burns said:

Barry,

ln the above para you sum yourself up perfectly and it is a fantastic insight as to why you are so widely despised.

What you have done is loudly and repeatedly shout incorrect information, in a bullying manner, when all around can see you are wrong. Then you do a bit more, for some mad reason and then do it some more to the point where it becomes an issue. Then, when finally your brain eventually catches up with reality and you briefly realise how stupid you again look, you push it out of your head, deem it irellivent. pretend its not real and start shouting about something else.

You are a parasite. An attention seeking, power hungry parasite.

The police will be looking at your conplaint with blinkers on bc they also think the same as me. Another organisation that you lied and lied for and even they couldnt bring themselves to keep you involved.

Takes a special kind of special to be you.

Wish you would just fuck off 'helping' bc it is doing the opposite.

17 hours ago, Barryowen said:

Andy B and Glossop.

You both make excellent points. I think the “are you Neil Joy “ is now exhausted and perhaps you are due an apology if I caused you any upset. This was not the arena to make such claims and anyway it is totally irrelevant.

it sound very clinical when your merely refer to 2015- 2019. You might remember me previously saying that only one Director, Ian Hill was trusted with the business of the new complex. We did have updates at Board Meetings but these were brief.

In actual fact I was doing my job properly without much support from others when

I started to do my own investigation.

it was confusing to me that the much publicised millions given by the Council was meant for the Football Club and not Brassbank. There seemed a lot of confusion at the time as to who was fronting the project. 

Board Members we’re not informed about the surrender of the North Stand to

Brassbank until the dirty deed had occurred.  I assumed there was one exception because  one  board member had been involved in the valuations of property and it could only be assumed that the same person would have known of the surrender.

During my own investigation, I revealed that some months before the surrender ,Simon Corney had received a substantial

payment in the region of £850.000 to relinquish his shareholding and position with the OEC.

Of course the parties would be aware that by Corney remaining with OEC, it would raise some suspicion when the surrender occurred from the club where he was the owner to a company where he has an shareholder interest.

I was also aware that the Council had paid substantial monies to the project before it was actually started and it was necessary for it to be revealed where that had gone.

When  money had to found for the start of the building there should have been some money in the bank. If it was found from elsewhere it was important to find out where monies had been borrowed from to replace that already used.

I realised it would be wrong for parties to claim that borrowed monies amounted to a debt when they had used the money elsewhere.

There is no trace if proper accounting despite the Council insisting on proper audit throughout.

The first grant of £700.000 came as a Community Grant which was used for various bills to start the project off. This came as a shock to the Community Trust because there name had been used for the Council to justify the first amount.

The grant came with many conditions which benefitted  the Trust but also stated that the building could not be interfered with for 20 years.

The  next monies that came from the  Council amounted to over a million pounds to assist the building.

Finally the Council , after gaining planning permission for the Lancaster Club purchased the land FROM THE CLUB for well in excess of 3 million pounds. It is clearly stated that it only paid the inflated price so long as much of it was used for the North Stand. This was to be done in stage payments as the Stand progressed.

These are facts and not opinion and you could be forgiven that the whole stand was built and financed by the councils money.

Those who doubt me should be aware that I have got all the documents highlighting these amounts and the conditions that should apply.

When Corney did the deal with Abdallah he failed to seek the permission of the Council but there again he had already completed a  surrender of the North Stand that I question in every respect. 

Glossop it is very easy to assume that everything in the club was known or revealed to every Director. I remember Simon Brooke have difficulties getting account information.

Obviously I don’t agree with your description that I was out of my depth. You don’t know me nor do you know of the work I did within the club. You certainly don’t know of the extreme difficulties that all Directors were working under with the regime of the day.

it is so easy for people to make clinical

judgements but life was not like you might have imagined under Blitz and Corney.

Thanks BP, might get the online Petition up and running and hope this sort of information encourages people to sign

Barry. The £3m plus you say the council paid for the Lancaster Club land, was surely them paying back what Brassbank initially paid. The council had screwed up, in that part of the land had charity status. To stop Brassbank taking them to court for selling them this land, they agreed an inflated price.

@Monty Burns I am really surprised to see that your post got past the moderator. Your language is obscene and uncalled for. I suspect my reply to you won’t get through but you constantly get away with your vulgar and obscene approach. Others seem to get banned for less, me being one of them.

Have you ever thought that your arguments would be appreciated more by being  presented in a respectable tone.

You assume to know me you don’t. You assume to know how the Police will address my complaint. You don’t.

if you want a decent discussion or get that chip off your shoulder, name the time and place and perhaps a coffee might put a few matters into perspective.

if you are going to shoot from the hip make sure you pick the right fight my friend.

I can't moderate people disliking you, @Barryowenand it is becoming increasingly more difficult to moderate as more and more people pile on. Can I also point out that this isn't my day job, and I Do Other Things Besides.

However for the sake of my sanity, can everyone please cool off - sometimes threats, insults and whathaveyou are better left unsaid.

12 hours ago, Barryowen said:

@Monty Burns I am really surprised to see that your post got past the moderator. Your language is obscene and uncalled for. I suspect my reply to you won’t get through but you constantly get away with your vulgar and obscene approach. Others seem to get banned for less, me being one of them.

Have you ever thought that your arguments would be appreciated more by being  presented in a respectable tone.

You assume to know me you don’t. You assume to know how the Police will address my complaint. You don’t.

if you want a decent discussion or get that chip off your shoulder, name the time and place and perhaps a coffee might put a few matters into perspective.

if you are going to shoot from the hip make sure you pick the right fight my friend.

Have a look at the number of likes Monty's post got to see how well appreciated it was. Double figures is not common on here. 

14 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Have a look at the number of likes Monty's post got to see how well appreciated it was. Double figures is not common on here. 

There is no problem someone disliking someone, however Monty has gone over the top IMO and did not get a like from me.

Comments have been made, opinions given, but then continuing on and on becomes to much.

3 minutes ago, Pidge said:

There is no problem someone disliking someone, however Monty has gone over the top IMO and did not get a like from me.

Comments have been made, opinions given, but then continuing on and on becomes to much.

Monty has been a regular on here for years and he is more than capable of speaking up for himself. His response was his style and I think most of us on here would recognise that. I can understand why you and others may not like it. I think if @Barryowen is happy to use this forum for whatever his own ends are, he should (with his track record) be ready to accept the consequences. It seems to me that Matt has been more than fair protecting him, giving up his own time to do so. I'd love to read the posts that didn't make it through. 

Archived