Blyth gone

4 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

No need to continue with the insults. 

The lad tried, was found wanting, and has gone.

Show a bit of compassion !

You have to question the person who decided to sign him.  I'm assuming it's Curly, but you never know at this place.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

You have to question the person who decided to sign him.  I'm assuming it's Curly, but you never know at this place.

Not arguing he wasn't up to the job, he was only a stopgap, but continuing to slate him when he's gone isn't really on.

If he read some of the posts on here he'd have booked into a monastery.

But he shouldn't have been signed as a stop-gap. He was nowhere near up to it. I still say the decision to sign him was the actual problem. But of course, you're right to object to the way he's been slated. He was offered a chance, and he tried to take it. He just wasn't anywhere near good enough.

I wonder if him going has allowed the keeper to play or whether we can now actually sign a striker. The lad from Wolves has gone to Aberdeen. We really need a decent striker.

13 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

But he shouldn't have been signed as a stop-gap. He was nowhere near up to it. I still say the decision to sign him was the actual problem. But of course, you're right to object to the way he's been slated. He was offered a chance, and he tried to take it. He just wasn't anywhere near good enough.

I wonder if him going has allowed the keeper to play or whether we can now actually sign a striker. The lad from Wolves has gone to Aberdeen. We really need a decent striker.

Yep; no where near good enough made no sense at all, especially as he thrown on 2 kids anyway. Have they improved in a few weeks after pre season training. Throwing them in worries me about the faith he has in the squad he built 

11 hours ago, latics22 said:

players can’t be given a free pass because the club is a mess

Totally. But the foul mouthed personal dogs abuse from literally yards away is totally out of order. 
There is no denying that it was a poor display yesterday but one or two overstepped the line in my opinion - and as for having a go at Sheehan?

As in most games this season we looked a yard off the pace, slower to react and poor in midfield. Players were too often caught in possession and outmuscled - it seemed that they wanted it more.

But then we suddenly had a go - praise is due to Pidge, DKD, Luamba and a MotM performance from the mighty Moyo!

31 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Totally. But the foul mouthed personal dogs abuse from literally yards away is totally out of order. 
There is no denying that it was a poor display yesterday but one or two overstepped the line in my opinion - and as for having a go at Sheehan?

As in most games this season we looked a yard off the pace, slower to react and poor in midfield. Players were too often caught in possession and outmuscled - it seemed that they wanted it more.

But then we suddenly had a go - praise is due to Pidge, DKD, Luamba and a MotM performance from the mighty Moyo!

Totally agree.

It can't be good for moral when fans are singing songs like-

"We're shit, and so are you"

And

"Sign him up, sign him up, sign him up" (to any opposition player who makes a misplace shot/pass)   

26 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I wouldnt dispute this @TheBigDog, yet some dont see any justification for Pidge or DKD being in the squad, nevermind starting.

As a supporter watching games, I dont see the point in slaughtering our players, but expressing frustration is normal.

DKD is a good example, wildly inconsistent, first touch can be shocking, then finds form again to score goals and be instrumental in decent performances.

The fair observation of Alan might be 'lacks pace' perhaps, which happens with age, yet he remains a good player, brought in primarily to coach.

More problematic is the speculative signings of Blyth or other, who are thrown into a poor side, dont reinvent their careers in 90 minutes or less, hence are judged to be useless.

Clearly not the right approach for recruitment or team selection, but symptomatic of the dire emergency we see before us.

Moyo is a rare gem, can only hope he is with us by weekend.

15 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

Totally agree.

It can't be good for moral when fans are singing songs like-

"We're shit, and so are you"

And

"Sign him up, sign him up, sign him up" (to any opposition player who makes a misplace shot/pass)   

And "Oldham get battered everywhere we go"...

11 minutes ago, Mayfield said:

I wouldnt dispute this @TheBigDog, yet some dont see any justification for Pidge or DKD being in the squad, nevermind starting.

As a supporter watching games, I dont see the point in slaughtering our players, but expressing frustration is normal.

DKD is a good example, wildly inconsistent, first touch can be shocking, then finds form again to score goals and be instrumental in decent performances.

The fair observation of Alan might be 'lacks pace' perhaps, which happens with age, yet he remains a good player, brought in primarily to coach.

More problematic is the speculative signings of Blyth or other, who are thrown into a poor side, dont reinvent their careers in 90 minutes or less, hence are judged to be useless.

Clearly not the right approach for recruitment or team selection, but symptomatic of the dire emergency we see before us.

Moyo is a rare gem, can only hope he is with us by weekend.

Yes get behind the team for 90 mins , nothing quite like our away support when acting as the 12th man with noisy support...Would you want to be on that pitch making errors knowing your going to be called shit from the supporters ? I just go back to the Blackburn rovers game away from home with the noise in the away was immense .... proud to be a tic that day..

16 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

Yes get behind the team for 90 mins , nothing quite like our away support when acting as the 12th man with noisy support...Would you want to be on that pitch making errors knowing your going to be called shit from the supporters ? I just go back to the Blackburn rovers game away from home with the noise in the away was immense .... proud to be a tic that day..

Totally agree, also Fulham away, our support that day was immense, Fulham fans themselves said so.

21 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

Absolutely, but when you’ve witnessed the previous few years of total shite, your team is now 92nd in the football league and looking like losing a 5th consecutive game it’s pretty difficult to remain supportive!

8 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Absolutely, but when you’ve witnessed the previous few years of total shite, your team is now 92nd in the football league and looking like losing a 5th consecutive game it’s pretty difficult to remain supportive!

I know what I was like as a footballer and if someone was constantly calling me shit from the touchline apart from my dad I would seriously have considered my existence lol 

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Sorry to be pedantic but it would of been our 8th straight League defeat had Sutton been a bit more streetwise, two absolutely shocking teams though to be fair and we were outplayed for 80% of the match, 

I'll take the win all day long but half of that team just isn't good enough, it's as simple as that really.

19 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Sorry to be pedantic but it would of been our 8th straight League defeat had Sutton been a bit more streetwise, two absolutely shocking teams though to be fair and we were outplayed for 80% of the match, 

I'll take the win all day long but half of that team just isn't good enough, it's as simple as that really.

nope

21 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

two absolutely shocking teams though to be fair and we were outplayed for 80% of the match,

Two poor teams I agree but 80% is a tad harsh - Sutton edged it but we had passages of play throughout and we had them on the back foot at the end.

1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

Two poor teams I agree but 80% is a tad harsh - Sutton edged it but we had passages of play throughout and we had them on the back foot at the end.

Probably a fairer assessment, given I think they will go down it doesn't bode well.

They huffed and puffed. They dominated the opening 20 mins… we dominated the last 20 mins. The middle was quite even. This isn’t hindsight… I thought we’d nick a win and said so in the thread. 

Possession

Home 44%

Away 56%

Shots

Home 15

Away 12

Shots on Target

Home 2

Away 4

Corners

Home 7

Away 4

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

We turned up for the last 10 minutes, if Sutton had an half decent striker we would of been dead and buried, I didn't mean literally 80% but we were poor for the majority of the game yesterday.

They had Latics fan Richie Bennett on the bench as well who has done well against us in the past.

Archived