BPAS PODCAST SEASON 2: 30th Aug '21 Episode 47: This is How it Feels (to beat Sutton)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Well that fills me with bags of optimism :D 

Very disconcerting if we were hoping that Abdallah may be reconsidering his ownership, genuinely hope it is more positive than that

Will congratulate BPAS and Foundation for convening an emergency Board meeting and at least getting this holding statement out today, good service fellas 

Can't help but feel disappointed by that update which says absolutely nothing. They could have given some points that Abdallah and Adam Morallee made whilst still reviewing the next course of action. Seems to me some of these involved are about their own ego and wanting to be in the know and then talk about transparency from the club. There is news that they could put out but don't want to. They had a little photo shoot outside the ground delivering a letter asking for a meeting when they had already had a response granting them a meeting. That's pathetic imo.

1 minute ago, PeteG said:

Can't help but feel disappointed by that update which says absolutely nothing. They could have given some points that Abdallah and Adam Morallee made whilst still reviewing the next course of action. Seems to me some of these involved are about their own ego and wanting to be in the know and then talk about transparency from the club. There is news that they could put out but don't want to. They had a little photo shoot outside the ground delivering a letter asking for a meeting when they had already had a response granting them a meeting. That's pathetic imo.

But like the Murphy's...

1 minute ago, PeteG said:

If they have agreed to issue a formal statement and agreed that AL or the club is to issue one before any social media chatter then thats the right thing to do.

If those at the meeting just do as they please contrary to anything agreed then they are just as bad as AL or the club on that basis.

If we want things to change and be done correctly then surely that stands for the fan groups also, or am I wrong thinking that ?

3 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Don't be disappointed, Mike. However, it is difficult to form an opinion on the statement because it doesn't actually give much away and I agreed with @lookersstandandyon the pod that "the time for talking is long gone." Reading between the lines of that statement, I'd hazard a guess that the great man is still spouting the same nonsense he has been for the last 3 years, including when you were bosom buddies with him...

3 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Nope, you’ve made that one up as well.

The photo was taken days before AL agreed to meeting. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Nope, you’ve made that one up as well.

The photo was taken days before AL agreed to meeting. 

Really? I don't think it was. The club had responded earlier in the week to inform them there would be a meeting on Tuesday.

4 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Don't be disappointed, Mike. However, it is difficult to form an opinion on the statement because it doesn't actually give much away and I agreed with @lookersstandandyon the pod that "the time for talking is long gone." Reading between the lines of that statement, I'd hazard a guess that the great man is still spouting the same nonsense he has been for the last 3 years, including when you were bosom buddies with him...

Paddy, my name is Pete not Mike and i've never been buddies with Abdallah, in fact barely said more than a few words to him when I attended one of the fans meetings in which you were there.

33 minutes ago, PeteG said:

What, you can't wait a few days??

11 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Really? I don't think it was. The club had responded earlier in the week to inform them there would be a meeting on Tuesday.

No, they didn’t. 

The statement/content of the letter was released last Tuesday. Matt went on Talksport on Wednesday and spoke to Adam, the day after (Thursday) they spoke privately. On Friday The lads put a pic of a letter that was already in the public domain. Then it was announced AL had agreed to meet this Tuesday. 

We’ve asked for better communication from the trust, and we’re getting it.

The fact you find it pathetic is really poor. 

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Well that fills me with bags of optimism :D 

20 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Very disconcerting if we were hoping that Abdallah may be reconsidering his ownership, genuinely hope it is more positive than that

Will congratulate BPAS and Foundation for convening an emergency Board meeting and at least getting this holding statement out today, good service fellas 

2 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Well, here's more detail for you, and we can now see the differing roles of the Trust/Foundation and an independent supporters group like PTB. As above, we will discuss in more detail both statements and any further updates this week, on Monday's pod.

https://pushtheboundary.co.uk/ptb-oasf-club-meeting-01-09-2021

4 minutes ago, BPAS said:

Well, here's more detail for you, and we can now see the differing roles of the Trust/Foundation and an independent supporters group like PTB. As above, we will discuss in more detail both statements and any further updates this week, on Monday's pod.

I was only jesting pal 

7 minutes ago, BPAS said:

That's a much better update which gives us an idea of what the ownership thinks. Looks like they are not prepared to change. Thanks for the update, appreciate it

8 minutes ago, BPAS said:

This is an initial  update by PTB from yesterday’s meeting with Abdallah. What detail there is doesn’t sound too promising - bottom line seems to be that AL believes he and Mo are doing okay 🤔
I await the full transcript …

Thinks his brother is doing a good job. Also thinks a few good results and the fans will come flooding back.

Either Abdallah actually believes this in which case he's not fit to run any business, let alone a football club. Or he's being spoon fed absolute shite from those in charge day to day and is being shielded from the reality of it all.  Either way, nothing is going to change unless they leave. If we don't go down this year, we will probably go next year.  

4 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Thinks his brother is doing a good job. Also thinks a few good results and the fans will come flooding back.

Either Abdallah actually believes this in which case he's not fit to run any business, let alone a football club. Or he's being spoon fed absolute shite from those in charge day to day and is being shielded from the reality of it all.  Either way, nothing is going to change unless they leave. If we don't go down this year, we will probably go next year.  

Don’t forget how loudly Karl was telling everyone of his weekly report he sends to Dubai….

20 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

As said previously the problem surrounding yourself with "yes men" is when the answer should be "no".

2 hours ago, PeteG said:

That's a much better update which gives us an idea of what the ownership thinks. Looks like they are not prepared to change. Thanks for the update, appreciate it

I think you have to recognise here Pete, the difference between an effective Trust/Foundation and an independent supports group. An effective Trust (I'm not sure we've really ever had one) will be holding the club to account through formal channels, the supporters group is less constrained. We've talked to and learned from a lot of clubs' Trust's and ISG's over the last 12 months via the Pod, and we're now seeing it in action for the first time. The final point worth making is, all effective Trusts' we've spoken to have around a dozen Directors. Ours only have half that number. If you want more from your Trust, why don't you volunteer & help? From reading both statements it sounds like both orgs are already thinking about what next.

AH

7 minutes ago, BPAS said:

I think you have to recognise here Pete, the difference between an effective Trust/Foundation and an independent supports group. An effective Trust (I'm not sure we've really ever had one) will be holding the club to account through formal channels, the supporters group is less constrained. We've talked to and learned from a lot of clubs' Trust's and ISG's over the last 12 months via the Pod, and we're now seeing it in action for the first time. The final point worth making is, all effective Trusts' we've spoken to have around a dozen Directors. Ours only have half that number. If you want more from your Trust, why don't you volunteer & help? From reading both statements it sounds like both orgs are already thinking about what next.

I do recognise the difference between both groups and i've said for a long time it is much easier for PTB to do certain things without the constraints that the Trust have. However, I fail to see what was in the update from PTB that the Trust couldn't have put out, especially in regard to the SD and recruitment which says Abdallah is happy with the role and the job Mo is doing. The trust update literally didn't update us on anything. I understand you are all new to this and it will take time but i'm not sure how long we have and can wait for an effective trust.

5 minutes ago, BPAS said:

I think you have to recognise here Pete, the difference between an effective Trust/Foundation and an independent supports group. An effective Trust (I'm not sure really ever had one) will be holding the club to account through formal channels, the supporters group is less constrained. We've talked to and learned from a lot of clubs' Trust's and ISG's over the last 12 months vis the Pod, and we're now seeing it in action for the first time. The final point worth making is, all effective Trusts' we've spoken to have around a dozen Directors. Ours only have half that number. If you want more from your Trust, why don't you volunteer & help? From reading both statements it sounds like both orgs are already thinking about what next.

I hate what the trust has to be. It’s there to represent the fans- but has to be seen to be always be trying to have dialogue. Even with new blood and fresh impetus- it still feels very constrained by what what it can say- and if you were a casual observer you’d think there were out of touch.

It must be hugely frustrating/conflicting for the new directors between how they really feel, and the proper channels they must go down. 

Conversley you read the PTB statement and straight away it’s allowed to say a bit more and most importantly give honest opinion. 

I really wish the trust was allowed to be less constrained. 

Archived