BPAS PODCAST SEASON 2: 30th Aug '21 Episode 47: This is How it Feels (to beat Sutton)

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

I do recognise the difference between both groups and i've said for a long time it is much easier for PTB to do certain things without the constraints that the Trust have. However, I fail to see what was in the update from PTB that the Trust couldn't have put out, especially in regard to the SD and recruitment which says Abdallah is happy with the role and the job Mo is doing. The trust update literally didn't update us on anything. I understand you are all new to this and it will take time but i'm not sure how long we have and can wait for an effective trust.

I fear you're getting worked up about the wrong things here Pete. You've got an update, from both orgs. We'll discuss in more detail - and any further developments - for Monday's podcast episode.

AH

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, League one forever said:

I hate what the trust has to be. It’s there to represent the fans- but has to be seen to be always be trying to have dialogue. Even with new blood and fresh impetus- it still feels very constrained by what what it can say- and if you were a casual observer you’d think there were out of touch.

It must be hugely frustrating/conflicting for the new directors between how they really feel, and the proper channels they must go down. 

Conversley you read the PTB statement and straight away it’s allowed to say a bit more and most importantly give honest opinion. 

I really wish the trust was allowed to be less constrained. 

.....and that's why it's important for both orgs to work together..... which is what we've been telling them they need to do from the podcast for months!

AH

Just now, BPAS said:

.....and that's why it's important for both orgs to work together..... which is what we've been telling them they need to do from the podcast for months!

So, in effect are you saying that by working together- PTB can say what the trust can’t? 

That makes the trust look unrepresentative and constrained. 

6 minutes ago, BPAS said:

I fear you're getting worked up about the wrong things here Pete. You've got an update, from both orgs. We'll discuss in more detail - and any further developments - for Monday's podcast episode.

I'm a member of the Trust and have been for a long time, I have had no update of any relevance from the Trust. I've had to go on the PTB website to get the information I should have got from the Trust. I don't follow PTB or subscribe to them and i shouldn't have to listen to a podcast to get the information from an organisation that has a 3% shareholding and I have paid into for years. I think it's you who is missing the point.

56 minutes ago, League one forever said:

So, in effect are you saying that by working together- PTB can say what the trust can’t? 

That makes the trust look unrepresentative and constrained. 

The Trust have said;

"before giving more detail of the meeting and where we feel things currently stand, we think it fair to let Mr Lemsagam and Mr Moralee respond formally to us by Friday this week, as agreed at the end of the meeting."

....and....

"the board of OASF held an urgent meeting last night to formulate our plan going forward. We will make a further statement in due course once this has been fully finalised."

This means there's more to come....

...equally, the Trust have a legal right (with their 3%) to access info that PTB do not have. Which means they can insist on stuff such as this;

"starting September 7th, 2021 we will be insisting upon all questions under The Football Supporters Association Key Marker Questions (we will publish these separately) being presented to us each and every month. This will ensure we can report to fans that our club is at least being ran effectively from a business perspective."

So..... so long as the Trust are doing the right things (I'm not sure we can say they always have to date) then it matters less whether they use tub thumping rabble rousing language in their statements, especially if PTB can present us with that.

See evidence from;

BST & The Tangerine Knights ("the provisional wing", Christine Seddon)

Pompey Trust & SOS Pompey

Bees United & BOAS (I think it was called)

AH

55 minutes ago, PeteG said:

I'm a member of the Trust and have been for a long time, I have had no update of any relevance from the Trust. I've had to go on the PTB website to get the information I should have got from the Trust. I don't follow PTB or subscribe to them and i shouldn't have to listen to a podcast to get the information from an organisation that has a 3% shareholding and I have paid into for years. I think it's you who is missing the point.

Nope, it's definitely you. Our Trust has been wantonly lacking in capability for a very long time..... it is still far too under staffed with volunteers to be working perfectly. Albeit, it now seems to have some capable people involved, including one of the podcast team, who after complaining - like you - about the Trust, has - unlike you - put themselves forward to help.

You don't want to be a member of PTB or listen to a podcast to receive all the info you want/desire, that's your business, but you can't complain it isn't out there.

AH

8 minutes ago, BPAS said:

Nope, it's definitely you. Our Trust has been wantonly lacking in capability for a very long time..... it is still far too under staffed with volunteers to be working perfectly. Albeit, it now seems to have some capable people involved, including one of the podcast team, who after complaining - like you - about the Trust, has - unlike you - put themselves forward to help.

You don't want to be a member of PTB or listen to a podcast to receive all the info you want/desire, that's your business, but you can't complain it isn't out there.

It's not me at all. There was a petition asking the owner to sell the club which 3000 people signed including myself. Did they even ask whether he was prepared to sell the club? Did they mention the petition? I'm non the wiser. With that I give up and i'll be resigning from the trust with immediate effect. I will leave you to crack on and discuss the same issues over and over again on a podcast which is about yourself and your ego, whilst the club sleeps walks it's way to non-league.

1 minute ago, PeteG said:

It's not me at all. There was a petition asking the owner to sell the club which 3000 people signed including myself. Did they even ask whether he was prepared to sell the club? Did they mention the petition? I'm non the wiser. With that I give up and i'll be resigning from the trust with immediate effect. I will leave you to crack on and discuss the same issues over and over again on a podcast which is about yourself and your ego, whilst the club sleeps walks it's way to non-league.

Oh dear look what's happened you've upset Barry's lapdog.

It's nothing to do with me being upset and i've no idea where you get the impression i'm some kind of lapdog for Barry who this is also nothing to do with. Have a look on social media in regard to the update and you will see i'm not alone in how I feel. The meeting was a complete waste of time, at least the PTB update suggested it was. Time for action not talking on podcasts no matter how good that makes you feel. You wouldn't have even got your call with Morallee or your moment on Talksport if it wasn't for the kids the night before throwing tennis balls on the pitch.

2 minutes ago, PeteG said:

It's nothing to do with me being upset and i've no idea where you get the impression i'm some kind of lapdog for Barry who this is also nothing to do with. Have a look on social media in regard to the update and you will see i'm not alone in how I feel. The meeting was a complete waste of time, at least the PTB update suggested it was. Time for action not talking on podcasts no matter how good that makes you feel. You wouldn't have even got your call with Morallee or your moment on Talksport if it wasn't for the kids the night before throwing tennis balls on the pitch.

It would be good to see a transcript of the questions asked and the answers received wouldn’t it?

@BPASWe will get that won’t we?

13 minutes ago, PeteG said:

For clarity, all posts from the BPAS account are from me and are now initialled as such.

The reason people are stating you are a lapdog for Barry, or you are Mike Halliwell, is because you are the one pedalling content that's clearly come from him/them, such as this;

You're right about the protests having an effect. Something I'm very keen to see ramped up.

It's a positive that you have spoken to him and directly told him the issues - I guess that is a very low bar, but for our club at least it's something so well done on that

I think my takeout from it was the depressing fact that Mo is going absolutely nowhere. Even if we finished a season with 0 wins or goals scored, he's going absolutely nowhere. Which we always knew , I guess

I would personallly like to ask him , and would do ( respectfully!) if I bumped into him, exactly why is he here, what his motivations are etc. Wouldn't get an answer, of course.

I still feel the only way out is to continue and increase the protesting.

I'e said it in the past, but full marks to PTB lads, Matt/Trust for efforts being put in . It is absolutely appreciated.

I don't see what the issue is. The Trust doesn't need to throw their weight around and be antagonistic, it can leave that for PTB to do. The Trust can go down official lines and put pressure on a different front. This is exactly what we need them to be doing. The Trust look respectful of ALs wishes by waiting for Friday, while still giving a good hint that it wasn't a positive outcome. Where as PTB can spill the beans and raise the alarm. 

I'm beginning to see what it must have been like for Gerry Adams back in the day. The OASF and PTB relationship is starting to feel a little bit Sinn Fein-IRA.....obviously without the death and all that :)

Disclaimer:

The above is an attempt at humour and should be seen as such and the author wishes to make it clear that in no way is there any suggestion, implied or otherwise, that either PTB or OASF have been involved with or actively encouraged any terrorist or criminal activities....well except the odd pitch invasion but that's not a "proper" crime is it and in any case those responsible are mostly 12.  

4 hours ago, BPAS said:

Well, here's more detail for you, and we can now see the differing roles of the Trust/Foundation and an independent supporters group like PTB. As above, we will discuss in more detail both statements and any further updates this week, on Monday's pod.

https://pushtheboundary.co.uk/ptb-oasf-club-meeting-01-09-2021

Thanks so much for putting out such an informative statement, and so quickly. We've said it before, but if the owners could show half the initiative, energy and communications flair that PTB do, we wouldn't be in the mess that we are.

Seven words leapt off the page for me in your statement: "the chairman is happy with his [ML] performance". That really says it all. There can be no mending of fences now and it's a fight to the end to win back our club. however long it takes and whatever the consequences for league status.

2 hours ago, PeteG said:

That is a disgracefully unfair comment, have a look at yourself, man. We can all be keyboard warriors on here, but PTB and BPAS have given up huge amounts of their time (while having to suffer as fans like all of us) to highlight what is happening to Latics - a scandal that otherwise, but for the Chron and Oldham Times and a belated slot on TalkCrap, has been ignored by MSM and will be until we go the way of Bury if we don't get ALMO out.

11 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Thanks so much for putting out such an informative statement, and so quickly. We've said it before, but if the owners could show half the initiative, energy and communications flair that PTB do, we wouldn't be in the mess that we are.

Seven words leapt off the page for me in your statement: "the chairman is happy with his [ML] performance". That really says it all. There can be no mending of fences now and it's a fight to the end to win back our club. however long it takes and whatever the consequences for league status.

Their club, we are merely supporters.

1 hour ago, BPAS said:

The Trust have said;

"before giving more detail of the meeting and where we feel things currently stand, we think it fair to let Mr Lemsagam and Mr Moralee respond formally to us by Friday this week, as agreed at the end of the meeting."

....and....

"the board of OASF held an urgent meeting last night to formulate our plan going forward. We will make a further statement in due course once this has been fully finalised."

This means there's more to come....

...equally, the Trust have a legal right (with their 3%) to access info that PTB do not have. Which means they can insist on stuff such as this;

"starting September 7th, 2021 we will be insisting upon all questions under The Football Supporters Association Key Marker Questions (we will publish these separately) being presented to us each and every month. This will ensure we can report to fans that our club is at least being ran effectively from a business perspective."

So..... so long as the Trust are doing the right things (I'm not sure we can say they always have to date) then it matters less whether they use tub thumping rabble rousing language in their statements, especially if PTB can present us with that.

See evidence from;

BST & The Tangerine Knights ("the provisional wing", Christine Seddon)

Pompey Trust & SOS Pompey

Bees United & BOAS (I think it was called)

I’ve read the statement. 

Let me be clear, I think Matt, the PTB, and you (if it’s you Andy) are a credit to the club. In fact, I think you’re the only good thing about us at the minute. I regularly defend the pod( not that it’s needed) because I believe in the people and their intentions. 

My criticism isn’t about any person or indivdual it’s about the the trust as an entity.  I don’t believe it can ever achieve want it wants as a tiny stakeholder- whoever is driving it. 

I would prefer to see us resign the seat, and keep the 3%- even then I don’t believe it offers much in the real world. (20 years of neglecting fans tells us that.) Id like the trust to be more like PTB or at the very least a more hostile trust. 

I know why there are different, I know why it’s felt you need both.

But that is where I disagree.

The trust has no significance at 3% Matt has said himself- they can’t drag him out- he owns the club. 
They can’t affect anything, and to even get him to talk they have had to bite their tongue, suppress how really feel and act professionally. And at this stage- why waste their precious time and energy on it. PTB said the other week it’s taken it’s toll. Why? Because the club don’t communicate. It’s obvious we are talking to a brick wall. 

The trust statement itself says, ‘at the least it will mean’ what does that tell you???? What - as entity is it being reduced to? 

Really good people having to bite their tongue for no real end benefit doesn’t make any sense to me. 

What will affect things- is more boycotts, more protests, more press, more publicity. 

Archived