MATCH: vs Salford City (H) FL Trophy 31/08/2021

12 hours ago, daniel said:

Some absolute knuckleheads following Latics. About 15-20 Latics fans chasing 4 Salford fans down near B&Q, caught 2 of em and gave them a right good hiding. Kicking them in the head and all sorts whilst on the ground, could literally kill someone doing that. Dickheads!!!!

Happens at every club, and it seems they were on the receiving end at the weekend https://fanbanter.co.uk/everton-and-oldham-fans-brawl-at-services-blood-on-bus-and-windows-smashed/

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Fervid said:

Get a decent striker on and we might just be ok 

We need two strikers who play off each other, in recent games we haven't had any connection between midfield and the front striker who has been a lonesome soul. Also, playing DKD in support of the lone striker is about as much use as a sponge bayonet, his first touch is abysmal and is lucky to get a game in front of Vaughan and others.

17 hours ago, daniel said:

Some absolute knuckleheads following Latics. About 15-20 Latics fans chasing 4 Salford fans down near B&Q, caught 2 of em and gave them a right good hiding. Kicking them in the head and all sorts whilst on the ground, could literally kill someone doing that. Dickheads!!!!

To be fair there was a section of Salford fans given it the big one over the divide gesturing that they'll fight people outside

If those 4 were involved in that then I've no sympathy

9 minutes ago, wroteforluck87 said:

To be fair there was a section of Salford fans given it the big one over the divide gesturing that they'll fight people outside

If those 4 were involved in that then I've no sympathy

I walked out of the ground after them and they weren't gesturing at anyone when approached by our "supporters."

Just to note it's a bit cowardly to run away, but a lot more cowardly to chase after a couple of lads with 20 of your mates to give them a kicking !! 

18 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I walked out of the ground after them and they weren't gesturing at anyone when approached by our "supporters."

Just to note it's a bit cowardly to run away, but a lot more cowardly to chase after a couple of lads with 20 of your mates to give them a kicking !! 

It’s not cowardly to run away in the slightest it’s a natural survival reaction - some fight, some flight - these days not knowing what dickheads might be carrying it’s no wonder many choose the latter 

52 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I didn't say they was.. didn't see the incident myself but there were a group of salford fans getting very mouthing in the safety of their own section of ground..

All clubs have an element that will look for trouble, I can't see that changing anytime soon

5 minutes ago, wroteforluck87 said:

I didn't say they was.. didn't see the incident myself but there were a group of salford fans getting very mouthing in the safety of their own section of ground..

All clubs have an element that will look for trouble, I can't see that changing anytime soon

But that doesn’t mean 4 innocents should get a kicking because well “swings and roundabouts”

Every street has its dickheads - someone shouldn’t end up on dead on one as a result - and though it happens acceptance as par for the course is a dark path 

3 hours ago, wroteforluck87 said:

It does seem to be creeping up more and more at Latics recently. Like you said, there’s always been that element, but lets be honest it’s usually only ever been at local games and derbies, with some exceptions. There was trouble against Newport at home this season, and now Salford in the mickey mouse cup, just seems to be creeping up from what i’ve seen this season. Yesterday they were all 16-18 i’d say, and so are obviously new to doing this type of thing. They’ll soon be disbanded though when the cops get a grip and start handing out the banning orders. I’m all for a bit of banter in the stands, and have probably crossed the lines in previous immature times myself, but I would never dream of kicking someone in the head with 20 of my mates. Shows where we are as a society I guess.  

3 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

But that doesn’t mean 4 innocents should get a kicking because well “swings and roundabouts”

Every street has its dickheads - someone shouldn’t end up on dead on one as a result - and though it happens acceptance as par for the course is a dark path 

It's been happening for nigh on 50 years, it used to happen in the ground back in the 70's & 80's. It's hardly anything new, go down Yorkshire St on a Saturday night and you'll see violence every 5 minutes, same as always. 

8 minutes ago, Barry Bosnian said:

It's been happening for nigh on 50 years, it used to happen in the ground back in the 70's & 80's. It's hardly anything new, go down Yorkshire St on a Saturday night and you'll see violence every 5 minutes, same as always. 

I know thanks - I mopped it up for 10 years on Bradshawgate in Bolton - forgive me if I think it’s unacceptable 

And I went to primary school with Andrew Molloy killed on Yorkshire Street with one punch so yay!!

It happens let’s rejoice 

It doesn't take a great deal of imagination to see the media leaping on this rise in violence and connecting it with the protests on the pitch. Such a thing will not raise any sympathy for the club's plight with the general public or enthuse any potential buyer. More likely the consensus will be that the fans are hooligans, let the club go bust. 

A tad dramatic, maybe, but not beyond the realms of possibility.

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I know thanks - I mopped it up for 10 years on Bradshawgate in Bolton - forgive me if I think it’s unacceptable 

And I went to primary school with Andrew Molloy killed on Yorkshire Street with one punch so yay!!

It happens let’s rejoice 

no smart come back @Barry Bosnian

1 hour ago, Barry Bosnian said:

A culture of violence existed and still, sadly, exists. It doesn't make it right, though, does it. Husbands beating wives, fathers beating kids, teachers beating kids, drunken idiots randomly attacking people for no reason, rival fans attacking each other - none of it is or ever was acceptable. I know you're stating what happens as a fact, but it needs to be followed by a condemnation of it. I for one do not want to go back to the 1970s and 1980s. It nearly killed the game, and it did lead to fatalities. The club needs to stop this now.

I did feel at Sutton on Saturday there was a slight sense of unnecessary aggression from some of the Latics fans...as has been said, we’ve always had a few idiots and we get a bit rowdy at away games but we have to be careful the protests don’t become an excuse for treating other clubs fans and stewards as the enemy

4 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

It happens let’s rejoice 

Of course it's unacceptable but it's not really relevant to the discussion. We have multiple issues with the state of the club but violence away from the ground by a few empty heads is not something we can stamp out and will unfortunately happen forever, or at least it will in my lifetime. Yes there are dickheads out there but it's a society issue and not a football issue. 

3 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

A culture of violence existed and still, sadly, exists. It doesn't make it right, though, does it. Husbands beating wives, fathers beating kids, teachers beating kids, drunken idiots randomly attacking people for no reason, rival fans attacking each other - none of it is or ever was acceptable. I know you're stating what happens as a fact, but it needs to be followed by a condemnation of it. I for one do not want to go back to the 1970s and 1980s. It nearly killed the game, and it did lead to fatalities. The club needs to stop this now.

How can the club stop violence on B&Q car park? Fix society instead of blaming football, as I said it happens in the Town Centre every weekend, it's a problem with society not with football. Football is just an excuse. 

1 minute ago, Barry Bosnian said:

How can the club stop violence on B&Q car park? Fix society instead of blaming football, as I said it happens in the Town Centre every weekend, it's a problem with society not with football. Football is just an excuse. 

No one is blaming football. As you say there's idiots that will do crap like this all the time, everywhere they go. But surely it's the clubs duty to (where possible) stop these idiots attending games. If we just sit back and take the easy way out, these things will only increase in frequency. We don't want to be seen as a club that tolerates it.

34 minutes ago, doctor evil said:

No one is blaming football. As you say there's idiots that will do crap like this all the time, everywhere they go. But surely it's the clubs duty to (where possible) stop these idiots attending games. If we just sit back and take the easy way out, these things will only increase in frequency. We don't want to be seen as a club that tolerates it.

It's not the club's duty to stop people fighting near B&Q after the game, the regime can be blamed for a lot of things but I draw the line at violence away from the ground being the club's responsibility. 

And the club has no juristiction for anything away from the ground so can't influence it. If there's a punch up in the Clayton Green is that Abdallah's fault? Of course not. 

24 minutes ago, Barry Bosnian said:

It's not the club's duty to stop people fighting near B&Q after the game, the regime can be blamed for a lot of things but I draw the line at violence away from the ground being the club's responsibility. 

And the club has no juristiction for anything away from the ground so can't influence it. If there's a punch up in the Clayton Green is that Abdallah's fault? Of course not. 

At no point did I say it was. But its likely that some if not all that were involved watched the game. Its up to the club to work with the police to identify (if possible) those involved and stop them from attending games.

11 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Will we see the return to fencing?

7 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Will we see the return to fencing?

No, i can't see that. We'll have to spend extra on policing/stewards, though, to get a grip of them. Either that or we let loose the Main Standers. Let's sit behind them and moan them into submission.

• Matt unfeatured this topic

Archived