PTB/Trust meeting with Lemsagam.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disheartening isn't even the word. Unless some miracle happens, the end feels very nigh.

Obviously, it was incredibly frustrating to hear that the gravity of the situation wasn’t felt by the owner and that the feeling of anger was mainly down to results on the pitch. We explained that poor results is something we are used to, but it has never deterred fans from attending games and has never led to protests like we have seen recently. We tried to explain that this is NOT about results and even if there are 4/5 consecutive wins, it wouldn’t absolve the club of its behaviour off the pitch. By the same token, poor results on the pitch don’t define how we as fans feel (albeit, when staring at the trapdoor to non-league, we can’t afford to be complacent).

The role of the sporting director was discussed and that to make a decision in the best interest in the running of the club and to send a statement of intent, would be to remove him from his role and let the current manager have full control over the playing side of things. It was made clear that this wouldn’t happen and that the chairman is happy with his performance. We feel that for numerous managers to face the axe while the Sporting Director remains in place, amidst our poorest recruitment in living memory, gives the impression that he has security of tenure. This is obviously a valid concern for both ourselves

and for supporters.

Hello all. I haven't posted on here for a long time, nor have I been to an Oldham game for a long time. The last one I went to was the first game of the season vs Oxford in August 2017. It really is a sad state of affairs what is happening at our club. It doesn't look like it's going to change either. I fully support the Lads and Women running onto the pitch. I also support those who choose to stay away. I'd love to see an organised protest on a bigger scale though. I'm just fed up. I really am. I want our club back. 

All the best.

3 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Morallee made his views clear on Talksport the other day and gave us an insight into his personality. Any lingering sympathy for the owners position I had pretty much ended when I head that w***er talk about our club and our fans the way he did on national radio.

Yes he came across as a tool of the highest order, ah well it's about to get interesting.

If the meeting went as I have inferred from the updates this morning, it only goes to re-affirm that the time for action is now. The Athleticos have made a great start. A large-scale, organised protest both before and during a game (have seen Hartlepool at home suggested due to the acknowledgment it may get from Jeff Stelling) should be the next step IMO. 

I’d hope everyone with an affiliation to the club who can get to BP would do so (at least for the pre-game bit). ALMO have had enough opportunities to change. Enough is enough.

2 hours ago, No Pyro No Party said:

Disheartening isn't even the word. Unless some miracle happens, the end feels very nigh.

Does Mo meet the the FA requirements be a Sporting Director, after all managers and head coaches have to have licences?

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Does Mo meet the the FA requirements be a Sporting Director, after all managers and head coaches have to have licences?

Can someone tell him the FA doesn’t have any requirements 

Though he does seem to fail in all accepted requirements 

https://jobsinfootball.com/blog/understanding-the-role-of-sporting-director/

"It was incredibly frustrating to hear that the gravity of the situation wasn’t felt by the owner and that the feeling of anger was mainly down to results on the pitch."

"The role of the sporting director was discussed and that to make a decision in the best interest in the running of the club and to send a statement of intent, would be to remove him from his role and let the current manager have full control over the playing side of things. It was made clear that this wouldn’t happen and that the chairman is happy with his performance."

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

:ranting:

16 minutes ago, Ackey said:

I would have hoped that this went without saying, but please avoid making threats to try and find the homes of OAFC employees, no matter how much you may or may not consider them to be in jest.

Please and thank you. 

...and we'll jump on any sort of racism or antagonism through prejudice also.

2 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

"It was incredibly frustrating to hear that the gravity of the situation wasn’t felt by the owner and that the feeling of anger was mainly down to results on the pitch."

"The role of the sporting director was discussed and that to make a decision in the best interest in the running of the club and to send a statement of intent, would be to remove him from his role and let the current manager have full control over the playing side of things. It was made clear that this wouldn’t happen and that the chairman is happy with his performance."

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

:ranting:

Wouldn't be so bad if he said " yeah i know our Mo is a bit shit but he's my bro and that innit, i can't just bin him off" 

3 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

In a funny way AL is correct, as was Simon Jordan.....ok bare with me!.....IF we were near the top of the table there would be less dissent but they are completely missing the point that we are not, won't be and can barely even remember the last time we were properly in the top half of a division, let alone in the playoff hunt.

We believe that being bottom of the entire football league is a symptom and an inevitable outcome of their stewardship of the club, many on here predicted it years ago and here we are.

17 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

In a funny way AL is correct, as was Simon Jordan.....ok bare with me!.....IF we were near the top of the table there would be less dissent but they are completely missing the point that we are not, won't be and can barely even remember the last time we were properly in the top half of a division, let alone in the playoff hunt.

We believe that being bottom of the entire football league is a symptom and an inevitable outcome of their stewardship of the club, many on here predicted it years ago and here we are.

I’d like to think our fans would protest and boycott like Blackpool did if we were top. However in the context of AL’s current rating amongst fans we clearly wouldn’t. 

We have a way to go in clearly and concisely diagnosing the issues with AL (beyond failings on the pitch) articulating them and securing a sufficient consensus. Until we can do that, a protest is going to be half baked in my view. 

God how I wish he would behave as badly as the Oystons. 

Archived