PTB/Trust meeting with Lemsagam.

37 minutes ago, Andy b said:

We have a way to go in clearly and concisely diagnosing the issues with AL (beyond failings on the pitch) articulating them and securing a sufficient consensus. Until we can do that, a protest is going to be half baked in my view. 

PTB have recently listed a few of the other issues:

9 managers in 43 months

Atrocious recruitment

Fans walking away

Unpaid rent & debentures

Multiple players frozen out

Unpaid pension contributions

Late wages

Employment tribunals

Transfer embargos

Winding up petitions

Consumer credit removed

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LaticMark said:

9 managers in 43 months

Atrocious recruitment

Fans walking away

Unpaid rent & debentures

Late wages

Employment tribunals

Transfer embargos

Winding up petitions

Consumer credit removed

Yes they are doing great and working with what they have got. But that messaging is not putting the fire in peoples bellies is it. Our gates are not materially down on last seasons so far. 

I’m all for organised demonstrations etc.

Old man spoiler alert ……..

Pitch invasions; You young lads please be careful and try not to get yourself a criminal record those things leave an indelible mark for a very long time …….jobs travelling abroad etc. 

4 minutes ago, WLYOWD said:

I’m all for organised demonstrations etc.

Old man spoiler alert ……..

Pitch invasions; You young lads please be careful and try not to get yourself a criminal record those things leave an indelible mark for a very long time …….jobs travelling abroad etc. 

I doubt the US would consider running onto a football pitch a crime of moral turpitude which contrary to common belief they’re the only ones that automatically bar you from travelling there 

And as they’re one of the strictest you’d probably be ok going anywhere else too.

Foreign countries also don't have automatic access to the Police National Computer (especially since Brexit) so unless you declare it or act like a nob when you arrive they wouldn’t find out anyway 

1 minute ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I doubt the US would consider running onto a football pitch a crime of moral turpitude which contrary to common belief they’re the only ones that automatically bar you from travelling there 

And as they’re one of the strictest you’d probably be ok going anywhere else too.

Foreign countries also don't have automatic access to the Police National Computer (especially since Brexit) so unless you declare it or act like a nob when you arrive they wouldn’t find out anyway 

🤦‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Lets keep focused hey

totally focused but scaremongering about kids running on a pitch ruining their life? It’s ridiculous I ran on the pitch in 1993 after Southampton I’ve done ok and been abroad several times 

GMP can’t turn upto a burglary they aren’t going to spend time processing 100’s of kids - they’ll keep the peace at games and let them on their way 

They aren’t even at the games and the stewards are hardly busting a gut 

2 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

totally focused but scaremongering about kids running on a pitch ruining their life? It’s ridiculous I ran on the pitch in 1993 after Southampton I’ve done ok and been abroad several times 

GMP can’t turn upto a burglary they aren’t going to spend time processing 100’s of kids - they’ll keep the peace at games and let them on their way 

Good stuff. 

1 hour ago, LaticMark said:

9 managers in 43 months

Atrocious recruitment

Fans walking away

Unpaid rent & debentures

Late wages

Employment tribunals

Transfer embargos

Winding up petitions

Consumer credit removed

We have had more yhan 100 members of staff at all levels leave the club during their tenure

1 hour ago, LaticMark said:

9 managers in 43 months

Atrocious recruitment

Fans walking away

Unpaid rent & debentures

Late wages

Employment tribunals

Transfer embargos

Winding up petitions

Consumer credit removed

Not sure the kids running on the pitch care much about most of those.

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I think what we mustn't lose sight of is the fact that we can't be silenced. 

They can chuck you out of the ground for going on the pitch and yes it is an offence so think carefully. But they can't stop you singing get out of the club or songs to that effect. 

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I think what we mustn't lose sight of is the fact that we can't be silenced. 

They can chuck you out of the ground for going on the pitch and yes it is an offence so think carefully. But they can't stop you singing get out of the club or songs to that effect. 

Agreed which is why I don’t support the boycott

yes they get your money, they have already had mine (the kids will dent it with their pitch shenanigans) but as many people as possible should turn BP into a cauldron of toxicity 

“Fuck results, get out of our club”

to the tune of our old goal celebration theme 

11 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

yes they get your money, they have already had mine (the kids will dent it with their pitch shenanigans) but as many people as possible should turn BP into a cauldron of toxicity 

If we have people who boycott and those that go giving them grief then ultimately we are hitting them from both sides. So do whatever you feel I say.

For those don't want to get involved in either a boycott or protest they don't have to either as far as I'm concerned although aslong as they understand that those who do want to see the club that we all care about do better.

I don't see it much on here but their are plenty of people across social media giving it the "shut up and support the club" line. Which is pathetic.

4 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

There is no prospect of creating the toxic atmosphere you speak of at BP with our home fan base - its average age and energy level. 

A couple of hundred singing in the oversized RRE looks a bit poor and you will never get a critical mass participating to make it effective or even noticeable. 

Boycott and protesting outside will be far more impactful 

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

If we have people who boycott and those that go giving them grief then ultimately we are hitting them from both sides. So do whatever you feel I say.

For those don't want to get involved in either a boycott or protest they don't have to either as far as I'm concerned although aslong as they understand that those who do want to see the club that we all care about do better.

I don't see it much on here but their are plenty of people across social media giving it the "shut up and support the club" line. Which is pathetic.

Or not really doing either with any conviction 

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

I don't see it much on here but their are plenty across social media giving it the "shut up and support the club" line.

Yes - a wider support seem to be towing the “realistic” line and use this site as a group of trouble causers that want to “kill the club” 

probably have Adam Moralees number 

1 minute ago, Andy b said:

There is no prospect of creating the toxic atmosphere you speak of at BP with our home fan base - its average age and energy level. 

A couple of hundred singing in the oversized RRE looks a bit poor and you will never get a critical mass participating to make it effective or even noticeable. 

Boycott and protesting outside will be far more impactful 

agree with that - so let’s actually push for a main entrance protest 

it would be far better attended the last I’m sure as all those you mention in the ground would attend as would the like of I (who wasn’t at the last) 

@BPAS @adamoafc

Are OASF and PTB speaking with the Athleticos? They fired the starting gun but ultimately they'll need to be a bit smarter if the message is going to truly penetrate, just running on the pitch at full time isn't going to entice your Main Stand Moaners to get on board.

Just now, deyres42 said:

Are OASF and PTB speaking with the Athleticos? They fired the starting gun but ultimately they'll need to be a bit smarter if the message is going to truly penetrate, just running on the pitch at full time isn't going to entice your Main Stand Moaners to get on board.

I think that’s a great point in all fairness!!!

whilst dealing with youngsters could be a pain in the arse, they are the ones who generate the atmosphere and with a bit of guidance could have an even bigger input in terms of protests and demonstrations. 
Right now it all just seems like a little bit of a laugh, running on the pitch with their mates getting selfies with the players etc etc. I’m not saying it should stop, as I’m of the opinion of hitting them hardest in terms of fines to force them out, but it could be much more structured.

3 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

In a funny way AL is correct, as was Simon Jordan.....ok bare with me!.....IF we were near the top of the table there would be less dissent but they are completely missing the point that we are not, won't be and can barely even remember the last time we were properly in the top half of a division, let alone in the playoff hunt.

We believe that being bottom of the entire football league is a symptom and an inevitable outcome of their stewardship of the club, many on here predicted it years ago and here we are.

I think you're right to an extent - there would be less dissent if the ducks lined up and we were somehow challenging at the top of this woeful division, but we'd be getting humped every week the following year, so the protests would start up sooner or later. Results can appease the fans temporarily, but the owner's made a bed for himself that'd mean he'd be the target as soon as things go west..

11 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

It’s a great point eyrsey. 

Could they be asked to focus the protest a bit more. The first pitch invasion it was great to see their passion for change, now it just feels like something they do. 

Instead of dispersing onto the pitch. Could they stay in the stand for a while and protest? They make more noise together than 40 years from each other on the pitch. Or could they re convene outside on sheepfoot and let others join in. (Peacefully, and only if they to want to) 

Just ideas. But I totally agree with you’re overall point. 

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

agree with that - so let’s actually push for a main entrance protest 

it would be far better attended the last I’m sure as all those you mention in the ground would attend as would the like of I (who wasn’t at the last) 

@BPAS @adamoafc

52 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

33 minutes ago, League one forever said:

It’s a great point eyrsey. 

Could they be asked to focus the protest a bit more. The first pitch invasion it was great to see their passion for change, now it just feels like something they do. 

Instead of dispersing onto the pitch. Could they stay in the stand for a while and protest? They make more noise together than 40 years from each other on the pitch. Or could they re convene outside on sheepfoot and let others join in. (Peacefully, and only if they to want to) 

Just ideas. But I totally agree with you’re overall point. 

Let's see what the Trust/Foundation & PTB consider appropriate responses after Friday, but one imagines if there is open dialogue between the two orgs, there will likely be open dialogue (with at least one of the orgs) and the Athletico's too.

AH

Archived