PTB/Trust meeting with Lemsagam.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Sounds like you want other people to do the dirty work for you. PTB have clearly seen the light and abandoned boycotting as a effective tool, perhaps others need to do the same.

@deyres42 Why do you look for an antagonistic angle in every post you make?  I’m just frustrated like most fans. Massively behind the efforts of PTB, massively behind people that have the time and effort to help mobilise the fans, that protest in a peaceful and effective way. Admittedly, I’m not currently hugely involved myself but looking to get behind the cause in anyway I can. I’d be interested to hear what ‘dirty work’ you are doing (apart from trying to wind people up on owtb) 

1 minute ago, Sloshed Joe said:

@deyres42 Why do you look for an antagonistic angle in every post you make?  I’m just frustrated like most fans. Massively behind the efforts of PTB, massively behind people that have the time and effort to help mobilise the fans, that protest in a peaceful and effective way. Admittedly, I’m not currently hugely involved myself but looking to get behind the cause in anyway I can. I’d be interested to hear what ‘dirty work’ you are doing (apart from trying to wind people up on owtb) 

Because 'boycotting' has little effect when the 2-3 thousand diehards will turn up anyway, your voice isn't being heard by staying away. PTB have finally twigged that the only way out of this is to attract potential new owners, that won't happen overnight so in the meantime fans need to turn up and turn up the heat from inside.

Are the trust looking for potential buyers? Are they ‘marketing’ the club as a potential investment? Or are they just looking for confrontation with the current owner/owners.  

Genuine question.

I’ve only heard about the demands and pointless calls for fundraising to ‘run’ the club in the event of a catastrophic financial collapse. 

32 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Are the trust looking for potential buyers? Are they ‘marketing’ the club as a potential investment? Or are they just looking for confrontation with the current owner/owners.  

Genuine question.

I’ve only heard about the demands and pointless calls for fundraising to ‘run’ the club in the event of a catastrophic financial collapse. 

Come on the podcast and challenge OASF & PTB directly with your criticisms.

1 minute ago, BPAS said:

Come on the podcast and challenge OASF & PTB directly with your criticisms.

Sigh. Where is my criticism?

First part is a genuine question which you could have simply answered. I’m not criticising the approach I’m saying what I’ve seen and asking if that’s the only approach? 

Second part refers to an ex-trust member recent post here calling for a fighting fund to be established. That is naive nonsense in my opinion. I doubt they could raise enough to see out a week if the plug is pulled. 

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

First part is a genuine question which you could have simply answered. I’m not criticising the approach I’m saying what I’ve seen and asking if that’s the only approach? 

Second part refers to an ex-trust member recent post here calling for a fighting fund to be established. That is naive nonsense in my opinion. I doubt they could raise enough to see out a week if the plug is pulled. 

OK, come on the podcast and put your questions & observations directly to representatives of both OASF & PTB.

Just now, BPAS said:

OK, come on the podcast and put your questions & observations directly to representatives of both OASF & PTB.

You’ve asked me this privately and you know my answer was that I can’t right now. I will be happy to do more and perhaps even get involved (as I’ve said before) but I can’t do that before the end of 2022 for my own very good reasons. 

Not sure why the question about promoting the club to other Potential suitors can’t be answered? It’s not a trick question. It’s not a difficult question to answer. If it’s a yes, is there anyway progress to report? If it’s a no, why is that?

You are rightly asking difficult questions of the club, I’m asking a simple one of you. If you don’t want to answer just say so. 

Just now, BPAS said:

I'm not sticking for Kowenicki here but this is a message board for us fans to discuss such things, not all on here are willing, able, comfortable or want to go on podcasts to answer, ask or challenge people about their views, roles or actions.

You are coming on here to raise awareness of our plight and to motivate fans to help create a change then great, but if your coming on here answer questions from forum members on here also.

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

You’ve asked me this privately and you know my answer was that I can’t right now. I will be happy to do more and perhaps even get involved (as I’ve said before) but I can’t do that before the end of 2022 for my own very good reasons. 

Not sure why the question about promoting the club to other Potential suitors can’t be answered? It’s not a trick question. It’s not a difficult question to answer. If it’s a yes, is there anyway progress to report? If it’s a no, why is that?

You are rightly asking difficult questions of the club, I’m asking a simple one of you. If you don’t want to answer just say so. 

Firstly, you’re not asking it of me (it’s Andy manning this account today), you’re asking it of OASF, and/or PTB. I’m merely inviting you on so you can put it to them directly. If you don’t want to do it, I’ll do it for you.

1 minute ago, BPAS said:

Firstly, you’re not asking it of me (it’s Andy manning this account today), you’re asking it of OASF, and/or PTB. I’m merely inviting you on so you can put it to them directly. If you don’t want to do it, I’ll do it for you.

Please do so. Also, please explore the answer they give be it negative or positive. 

10 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

I'm not sticking for Kowenicki here but this is a message board for us fans to discuss such things, not all on here are willing, able, comfortable or want to go on podcasts to answer, ask or challenge people about their views, roles or actions.

You are coming on here to raise awareness of our plight and to motivate fans to help create a change then great, but if your coming on here answer questions from forum members on here also.

As above, I (Andy) don’t know the answer to the question, as I’m not a Director of OASF, nor one of PTB. I was inviting @kowenickion to pose his questions and raise what I read to be his criticisms. I’m not sure there’s much wrong with that.

43 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Which is a criticism of an idea isn’t it. I happen to disagree and glad you recognise it as your opinion.

I too would support you going onto the pod if you have strong views on the direction which the trust and PtB should be taking. It would be most welcome

I don’t know your personal circumstances but for what it’s worth, and this is aimed at everyone, the time commitment from guests on the pod is a total of one hour at a time for suit. @BPASdo the leg work.

Many spend hours on here yet can’t find time to get involved in the trust or go on the pod which, in relative terms, doesn’t need to be a significant commitment. 

if not you, who? 

12 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Which is a criticism of an idea isn’t it. I happen to disagree and glad you recognise it as your opinion.

I too would support you going onto the pod if you have strong views on the direction which the trust and PtB should be taking. It would be most welcome

I don’t know your personal circumstances but for what it’s worth, and this is aimed at everyone, the time commitment from guests on the pod is a total of one hour at a time for suit. @BPASdo the leg work.

Many spend hours on here yet can’t find time to get involved in the trust or go on the pod which, in relative terms, doesn’t need to be a significant commitment. 

if not you, who? 

The original response to me was that I  was criticising the trust/PTB. I wasn’t I was criticising an idea by someone not a member of either of those groups. Anyhow, this conversation is done. I’ve asked the question and will await a response. I didn’t give a deadline 😉

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

The original response to me was that I  was criticising the trust/PTB. I wasn’t I was criticising an idea by someone not a member of either of those groups. Anyhow, this conversation is done. I’ve asked the question and will await a response. I didn’t give a deadline 😉

Blimey. 

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Genuine question.

It's not really possible because it isn't an investment any sane person would put their money in. An investment is expected to make a return. Investing in the club, without the JR stand is just throwing money away for no reason. It now has another debt, in the EFL loan to pay.

6 hours ago, al_bro said:

It's not really possible because it isn't an investment any sane person would put their money in. An investment is expected to make a return. Investing in the club, without the JR stand is just throwing money away for no reason. It now has another debt, in the EFL loan to pay.

I would agree. Which begs a lot of questions. 

Reading the Friday OASF statement, why do they always feel they have to be super reasonable.  They were promised a reply by Friday, 3 days being plenty for something so important. They got no proper response except a non specific delay till next week.

OASF response is you get a further 3 chances and 3 months grace. Surely we have reached the point where “if you don’t comply with our request for information, we will escalate”

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

Reading the Friday OASF statement, why do they always feel they have to be super reasonable.  They were promised a reply by Friday, 3 days being plenty for something so important. They got no proper response except a non specific delay till next week.

OASF response is you get a further 3 chances and 3 months grace. Surely we have reached the point where “if you don’t comply with our request for information, we will escalate”

This is something I have queried. Not saying it’s the wrong strategy but am intrigued as to why they are rolling out a phase 1 (basically asked AL to prove he can make things better) rather than going to phase 2 straight away.

I would suggest phase 1 has been implemented already and we know the answer. He is being given a second (or even third or fourth) chance for some reason. 

‘if you don’t behave I’m telling your father. I know I said that I would do that before but this time I really mean it. Promise’

2 hours ago, Pidge said:

While I agree, I also think that the PTB statement is intentionally stronger than the OASF statement to provide role clarity between the two groups.  It's probably the best way they can work together.

Archived