PTB/Trust meeting with Lemsagam.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just pondering if we could find  a suitable plot of land what would be the cost of builing a new stadium should we require one ?

scenario being club goes bump trust takes over Blitz still want 6 million 

we aquire a plot of land elswere in the borough build 1 stand similar to north stand 3 smaller standing terraces capacity roughly 6 to 8 k all thats required outside of championship 

On 9/6/2021 at 4:25 PM, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

“looked like security”? In what way? It’s quite the tenuous generalisation, that.

Like I said, Taurus really could do with some kind of statement to distance themselves from the whirlwind of blind accusations that’s rolling around there. I don’t have any reason to dispute what my contact told me, I’ve known him a long time. It looks very much like people are diving into conclusions based on three thugs that “looked like security”, despite them looking like an angry Right Said Fred tribute act.

Yeah, couldn't they be just a couple of Barrow lads looking for some easy pickings? I mean, nobody in their right mind would walk about looking like that this side of Preston.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Yeah, couldn't they be just a couple of Barrow lads looking for some easy pickings? I mean, nobody in their right mind would walk about looking like that this side of Preston.

I can tell you from living in Cumbria for 12 years, if you look at their hands, and then count the digits, if its more than 5 they're from Barra or even Burnley.

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

You both keep trotting this out- and yet I can’t think of one example in the history of the football where potential buyers publicise early talks or feelers to the incumbent owner. 

Hi all Latics fans. 

Im X - I recently held preliminary discussions about buying the club. 

Last week I texted a source at the club to get a price from the owner. He talked to the owner and I was given a figure.  This price vastly over values the badge and so I counter offered for a quarter of what he asked. He turned it down, and until he lowers this figure I won’t be taking discussion further.

Even If by some miracle someone was naive enough to put that or similar into public domain- what does that get us? What does it achieve? 

Nothing. 

Never has or will happen. 

Newcastle, West Ham, Derby in recent times off the top of my head.

22 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

I can tell you from living in Cumbria for 12 years, if you look at their hands, and then count the digits, if its more than 5 they're from Barra or even Burnley.

thought Barra had the web between the extra fingers for when the place floods 

5 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

This frustrates me. I know for a fact there are people interested in buying the club. They could make life much more uncomfortable for the Lemsagam bros by coming out and publicly declaring an interest in buying the club, but they just sit remaining silent...

This is something I discussed with Matt and Andy on the podcast this week.

If any group still have aspirations of taking over then keeping a low profile might be best rather than bringing it out in the open. It will antagonise the Lemsagams if anything.

So while I would quite happily use it as evidence to point to a few fans who appear to suffer from Stockholm syndrome that yes their are people out there that want to buy us then they have more to lose than to gain by coming out in public on the issue, they may also be looking at other club's.

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Newcastle, West Ham, Derby in recent times off the top of my head.

. . . . and how many sales have gone through. . . I think it’s none off the top off my head. Oh and there’s that bassini fella as well who always coming out saying he wants to buy clubs. . .  how did any of them help help the fans. . . 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Surely from the clear pictures of them, somebody off social media knows who these shit bags are?

What I would like to see is a ticket counter in a “catering van” outside Boundary Park, selling donation tickets. The boycotting home fans could quew up to give PTB “or whoever is running it” £18 instead of going in the ground.  It would be such a slap in the face for AL and Mo.

It is only my fantasy idea before everyone points out why it won’t work!

6 hours ago, Ackey said:

TTA were actively trying to sell the club (not the stand or land) for years and then some. There's scant evidence anyone wanted us. 

History is great... but for 20+ years we've not been making any. We are a long, long way from the days of "favourite other team" and the like. I met a guy on a course last week who was mid-20s and had basically no idea who Oldham were. He was a United fan (obviously- the course was in south London) and plenty knowledgeable about the PL and such. Just didn't have a clue about Latics. Those days are just so far gone.

Potential is one thing, application is another. No sensible businessperson is buying a club like Latics on potential. We've had that potential for the same 20+ years and haemorrhaged fans. We can certainly stop the rot and balance things, we can be a solid L1 team maybe. But the money doesn't start there, and the chance of Latics making the Championship are miniscule when it comes to someone looking to take a calculated risk and make money.

You are too negative on the question of potential buyers. To take just one example, who would have imagined that a couple of guys from Hollywood would buy Wrexham?

As for the Championship, that's a pipe dream for now but let's get the club stabilised and looking/planning forward first. One step at a time.

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

. . . . and how many sales have gone through. . . I think it’s none off the top off my head. Oh and there’s that bassini fella as well who always coming out saying he wants to buy clubs. . .  how did any of them help help the fans. . . 

You couldn't think of one example in his history of football where potential owners publicly stated their intentions, I've given you three...

15 hours ago, League one forever said:

You both keep trotting this out- and yet I can’t think of one example in the history of the football where potential buyers publicise early talks or feelers to the incumbent owner. 

Swindon, Newcastle, West Ham, Wigan, Derby immediately come to mind within the last year...

10 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

You are too negative on the question of potential buyers. To take just one example, who would have imagined that a couple of guys from Hollywood would buy Wrexham?

As for the Championship, that's a pipe dream for now but let's get the club stabilised and looking/planning forward first. One step at a time.

I'm more on the negative than positive side, that's for sure.  I would however say that one example of outrageous good fortune / entirely unlikely thing is probably on the overly-positive side too?

11 hours ago, Pidge said:

What I would like to see is a ticket counter in a “catering van” outside Boundary Park, selling donation tickets. The boycotting home fans could quew up to give PTB “or whoever is running it” £18 instead of going in the ground.  It would be such a slap in the face for AL and Mo.

It is only my fantasy idea before everyone points out why it won’t work!

Would be £22, unless your there all week pay on the day is more 😂

3 hours ago, Ackey said:

I'm more on the negative than positive side, that's for sure.  I would however say that one example of outrageous good fortune / entirely unlikely thing is probably on the overly-positive side too?

Ha fair enough, I can't argue with that. But maybe after 27 years of pain and misery, and 30 years without a trophy we just might get lucky at some point. I'm even beginning to wonder if the JW Lees days were a time of great owners, and I never did like their beer!!

2 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Ha fair enough, I can't argue with that. But maybe after 27 years of pain and misery, and 30 years without a trophy we just might get lucky at some point. I'm even beginning to wonder if the JW Lees days were a time of great owners, and I never did like their beer!!

Maybe ask JW Lees if theyd like to buy us and revive the good old days?

Have the JR stand all to themselves and rebuild the Clayton Arms in there.

They'd be quids in.😃

If a potential buyer thought there was a real chance the club would go into admin. Surely they would wait and pick the club up for nothing except the debt, unless there was a real danger of us becoming a NL club. That would become clearer later in the season. But it's not going well so far.

15 hours ago, al_bro said:

If a potential buyer thought there was a real chance the club would go into admin. Surely they would wait and pick the club up for nothing except the debt, unless there was a real danger of us becoming a NL club. That would become clearer later in the season. But it's not going well so far.

They still wouldn’t get the ground though. 

15 hours ago, al_bro said:

Exactly- which is why we’ll never find a buyer as a league Club. 

30 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Exactly- which is why we’ll never find a buyer as a league Club. 

If the lady or gentleman who purchases the club hasn't got the clout to buy the ground  as well then are they going to have the means to take us back to our rightful historic place in the second division?

Archived