Any ideas what this means

Just now, tGWB said:

trying to reply on the topic 

NOW and the FUTURE 

but pop up message states:

You do not have permission to view this topic 

Have written to Admin but no response as yet 

Barry (or someone claiming to be him) was saying his North Stand thread had been deleted on Twitter so guess that’s why 

6 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Barry (or someone claiming to be him) was saying his North Stand thread had been deleted on Twitter so guess that’s why 

Appreciate the information 

Was a good thread that 

This site does not represent freedom of speech for EVERYONE.

Hope I was able to help some people but I will please the majority.

Yes you have won. I will pull out from a site which appears to have its favourites and moderates unfairly.

I expect this might not be published but will repeat on Twitter.

Good luck all

53 minutes ago, disjointed said:

TBF I think Matt was spending most of his day moderating on the now and future thread. We all have better things to do with our lives. 

was it the real Barry Owen or an impostor 

33 minutes ago, tGWB said:

was it the real Barry Owen or an impostor 

Given that Tweeter sent a public message saying he is Barry Owen and added his phone number in 2014 and subsequently hasn’t found the delete tweet button I think it’s a safe bet that it isn’t an imposter. 

1 hour ago, Barryowen said:

This site does not represent freedom of speech for EVERYONE.

Hope I was able to help some people but I will please the majority.

Yes you have won. I will pull out from a site which appears to have its favourites and moderates unfairly.

I expect this might not be published but will repeat on Twitter.

Good luck all

Not that I - and by extension OWTB - have anything to defend, you are only seeing this situation from your own point of view, we have actually moderated in favour of you, and have tried to keep the discourse on point and relevant. 

To bring this full circle, this site will not respresent unconfirmed viewpoints and opinions from unverified members. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you are free to speak as you wish - however you are not free from the consequences of that speech. Something (and not the only thing) that you have repeatedly failed to understand.

5 hours ago, tGWB said:

trying to reply on the topic 

NOW and the FUTURE 

but pop up message states:

You do not have permission to view this topic 

Have written to Admin but no response as yet 

Hidden due to unverfied claims, there was some personal attacks in there too - just too risky.

Morning Gang,

I've barely come on OWTB in the last few years, and I certainly don't feel the need to defend myself or the site. But alas, here we go.

I've long since considered this place incompatible with my idea of fun. Like most things Latics, and life online to be honest, it is a toxic and negative atmosphere of faceless bickering. But a couple of things are worth getting off my chest, before I retreat back in to the hole from whence I came. 

@Barryowen - you are right - there has been a dramatic increase in moderation over the last week or two, and I've actually visited more in that time than the last 18 months combined. And I would wager 99% of that time was to approve your posts and to remove those which were personally attacking you or others. I've removed slander, I've removed calls to attack people, I've removed racism, I've removed hate speech... I could go on but I can't be arsed. 

I have not approved a small fraction of your posts. I've removed none. Matt's removed a couple - those which would cause OWTB unending amounts of bother, because what you said was the unprovable ramblings of someone who should know better. There was also an entire thread which had to be removed.  We've been very clear in the past - we're unpaid (this place often costs Matt money!) and do not have the time or inclination to unpick the almost 200 posts on the "NOW AND FUTURE" thread to remove the copious amounts of problematic posts. We just can't be arsed, there's literally nothing in it for us.  

And to that point - and most importantly - we've spent all of this time moderating, editing, approving and removing things whilst in the unenviable position of knowing our club is failing catastrophically, and that you are probably correct on many points. But, as we've said many times, being correct is not unequivocally linked to the right to say something. There is a nuance to this world which you seem to obtusely ignore. We know you understand, you choose not to.

That's OK - fortunately for us you don't have a right to speak here, you have the option to. But that option comes with consequences that perhaps other places online don't. We're a community, and a community has mutually beneficial rules. As you have rightly said, Twitter is a fine option for you - it is a safe haven for those who want to speak without consequence. So off you pop. If you want to come back you are welcome to post here any time, we will approve those things which are appropriate and then monitor your thread to remove the awful things people say to and about you. Because unlike Twitter we will not allow faceless people to attack you, even more so than anything else we've done recently. 

Well, this is long. I've probably not posted this many words in about 5 years.  Hope you are all safe and well!

See you at the next London away game, maybe. 

Ack 

48 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Good to see moderation at work, can the same attention be given to foul and abusive language and their posts removed?

No - as has been said many times, the language used here is equivalent to that of a football ground or pub. Swearing is allowed, hate speech is not.

To that end: willys. bums. boobs! 

29 minutes ago, Ackey said:

and that you are probably correct on many points. But, as we've said many times, being correct is not unequivocally linked to the right to say something. There is a nuance to this world which you seem to obtusely ignore. We know you understand, you choose not to.

That's OK - fortunately for us you don't have a right to speak here, you have the option to. But that option comes with consequences that perhaps other places online don't. We're a community, and a community has mutually beneficial rules.

This. 

1 hour ago, Ackey said:

Morning Gang,

I've barely come on OWTB in the last few years, and I certainly don't feel the need to defend myself or the site. But alas, here we go.

I've long since considered this place incompatible with my idea of fun. Like most things Latics, and life online to be honest, it is a toxic and negative atmosphere of faceless bickering. But a couple of things are worth getting off my chest, before I retreat back in to the hole from whence I came. 

@Barry Owen - you are right - there has been a dramatic increase in moderation over the last week or two, and I've actually visited more in that time than the last 18 months combined. And I would wager 99% of that time was to approve your posts and to remove those which were personally attacking you or others. I've removed slander, I've removed calls to attack people, I've removed racism, I've removed hate speech... I could go on but I can't be arsed. 

I have not approved a small fraction of your posts. I've removed none. Matt's removed a couple - those which would cause OWTB unending amounts of bother, because what you said was the unprovable ramblings of someone who should know better. There was also an entire thread which had to be removed.  We've been very clear in the past - we're unpaid (this place often costs Matt money!) and do not have the time or inclination to unpick the almost 200 posts on the "NOW AND FUTURE" thread to remove the copious amounts of problematic posts. We just can't be arsed, there's literally nothing in it for us.  

And to that point - and most importantly - we've spent all of this time moderating, editing, approving and removing things whilst in the unenviable position of knowing our club is failing catastrophically, and that you are probably correct on many points. But, as we've said many times, being correct is not unequivocally linked to the right to say something. There is a nuance to this world which you seem to obtusely ignore. We know you understand, you choose not to.

That's OK - fortunately for us you don't have a right to speak here, you have the option to. But that option comes with consequences that perhaps other places online don't. We're a community, and a community has mutually beneficial rules. As you have rightly said, Twitter is a fine option for you - it is a safe haven for those who want to speak without consequence. So off you pop. If you want to come back you are welcome to post here any time, we will approve those things which are appropriate and then monitor your thread to remove the awful things people say to and about you. Because unlike Twitter we will not allow faceless people to attack you, even more so than anything else we've done recently. 

Well, this is long. I've probably not posted this many words in about 5 years.  Hope you are all safe and well!

See you at the next London away game, maybe. 

Ack 

It's all appreciated. Despite the occasional toxicity this site is absolutely nothing like other forum/news sites with comments etc, thanks to the efforts you all put in and to users largely abiding by the rules.  Have upped my subscription 👍

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

If Barry delivers the truth on the North Stand and it does belong to us then good luck to him I'm sure Simon Corney will get everything he deserves. However I really think this mud slinging he's doing on social media at other directors is doing him no favours whatsoever.

Really makes you wonder who he is working for here, the fans or Abdallah still. 

5 hours ago, Ackey said:

No - as has been said many times, the language used here is equivalent to that of a football ground or pub. Swearing is allowed, hate speech is not.

To that end: willys. bums. boobs! 

Kids read this, are they allowed to swear in pubs?

Archived