0A95 Athleticos banned from bringing Flags and Banners into Boundary Park.

2 minutes ago, C.O.JONES said:

The only chanting done inside the ground should be to encourage the players, not distract them, unless of course you want them to fail, which chanting abuse would prove you do. Everything else should be done outside after the game.

Rubbish. There's nothing wrong with, loudly (and politely), chanting 'we want Abdallah out' and 'come on Oldham.'

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

You do know the chanting is directed at the owners not the players? 

Yes of course I know who its aimed at and I don't disagree with the sentiment but it is still a distraction the players could well do without during the game. Half time or after, no problem.

2 minutes ago, C.O.JONES said:

Yes of course I know who its aimed at and I don't disagree with the sentiment but it is still a distraction the players could well do without during the game. Half time or after, no problem.

If the players can't concentrate on the game then they should be playing in the Oldham Sunday League. It's frankly ridiculous to suggest fans signing anti-board songs would negatively affect the players on the pitch.

Just now, Barry Bosnian said:

If the players can't concentrate on the game then they should be playing in the Oldham Sunday League. It's frankly ridiculous to suggest fans signing anti-board songs would negatively affect the players on the pitch.

Sounds like you've never played at any decent level then.

Just now, C.O.JONES said:

Sounds like you've never played at any decent level then.

Oh and you're an ex-pro are you? I've played the game and never gave an excuse that I played poorly because "someone was shouting at me from the sidelines". Can you imagine KC at the post-match interview "Well no wonder we lost, the fans were singing 'Abdallah Out' and the players couldn't concentrate". Ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, Barry Bosnian said:

I'm sure certain players - including a few no longer at BP - would agree with the anti-Adballah chants. If Wheater had been allowed to play I'm sure it wouldn't have put him off his game!

1 minute ago, LaticMark said:

I'm sure certain players - including a few no longer at BP - would agree with the anti-Adballah chants. If Wheater had been allowed to play I'm sure it wouldn't have put him off his game!

Exactly right, I'm sure most of the players probably agree with the fans... they have to work for these clowns!

40 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

So presumably you are not looking forward to Wrexham having any success?

Why would he?

On point, there's a difference between being well run and just having money thrown at them.  Non-league clubs that are well run deserve a crack at league football.  Clubs that have just bought their way into the league, not so much..

Ideally, we want to become a well-run club with a business model whereby we never need someone to buy us in order to "save us", because we can look after ourselves.  A pipe dream, I know..

3 hours ago, Andy b said:

Nor do I. But we are moving towards a situation where clubs that may be efficiently run will get pushed out by a club purely on financial spend 

Not moving towards the situation, but actually in it - for thirty years - and every year thereafer sees more obscene about of money being spent in the game to obtain success. However, the good news is that for every Fylde or South Shields there is a Enfleld or Fisher or a Dulwich or a FC United. We might not be able to stop silly money (or promises) being put into clubs by silly people every single time, but you know as well as I do that fans have been proofing their clubs against private or sole ownership for ages (in most cases straight after a disaster). Let the money clubs go about their business (or out of it - sorry, North Ferriby), because there is no point trying to play catch up - it isn't a level playing field. Just let them move on.

20 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Is it me or does anyone sense that Abdullah is getting more and more desperate. These are the actions of a desperate man what we are seeing now I think we are approaching end game. He sells the Club or its administration.

Sells the club to who? Who’s going to want to pay what AL would probably want (ie his money back) plus the mess surrounding what Blitz owns! 

1 hour ago, Barry Bosnian said:

I really wish people would read the posts instead of interpreting them. I have NEVER said that the players can't concentrate, all I said was that it is a distraction they don't need. Now I'm off to watch the game.

58 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

Sells the club to who? Who’s going to want to pay what AL would probably want (ie his money back) plus the mess surrounding what Blitz owns! 

This argument keeps getting churned out and while it has some merit their are people out their who buy football clubs. I'm sure the fans of Wigan and Bolton thought the same. Bury had numerous offers on the table in the final weeks of their existence. People still buy football clubs like our with no money or assets as mad as it is to believe.

Secondly, if the owner doesn't try to find a buyer then administration may well happen and he will end up with no choice but to lose the club and the alleged £5million whether he likes it or not. I think this is more likely than alot of people think.

57 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

This argument keeps getting churned out and while it has some merit their are people out their who buy football clubs. I'm sure the fans of Wigan and Bolton thought the same. Bury had numerous offers on the table in the final weeks of their existence. People still buy football clubs like our with no money or assets as mad as it is to believe.

Secondly, if the owner doesn't try to find a buyer then administration may well happen and he will end up with no choice but to lose the club and the alleged £5million whether he likes it or not. I think this is more likely than alot of people think.

I am not saying I don’t think it will, but what makes you so convinced that some form of insolvency is inevitable? 

17 minutes ago, Theoutsider said:

I am not saying I don’t think it will, but what makes you so convinced that some form of insolvency is inevitable? 

We aren't paying the bills we are under transfer restrictions and we have a large amount of debt on the balance sheet. The crowds certainly aren't going up anytime soon. We are also taking in less money from sponsorship and our Owner appears to be out of cash.

Not a good recipe is it.

4 hours ago, C.O.JONES said:

The only chanting done inside the ground should be to encourage the players, not distract them, unless of course you want them to fail, which chanting abuse would prove you do. Everything else should be done outside after the game.

The two are not mutually exclusive 🙄

3 hours ago, LaticMark said:

I reckon Wheater would have been leading the chants! 🤣

15 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

We aren't paying the bills we are under transfer restrictions and we have a large amount of debt on the balance sheet. The crowds certainly aren't going up anytime soon. We are also taking in less money from sponsorship and our Owner appears to be out of cash.

Not a good recipe is it.

I don't think he's out of cash. He's finally realised it isn't worth putting any more cash in, hence the EFL loan. I'm sure he's just hanging  on for Mo's sake.

18 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

.....There was the odd large demo outside the Main Stand, and the brilliant martyr who bravely staged a one man sit-down on the pitch. To our shame, none of us joined him. Sadly, it didn't achieve anything.....

IIRC, when the 'brilliant Martyr' appeared in the Magistrates' Court, with a possible £2,000 fine in front of him, the Chairman of the Bench said this man has supported Oldham Athletic all his life and he has suffered enough, and gave him a conditional discharge!  😎 

5 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

A big banner has been unveiled in the Joe Royle stand saying Enough Sell the Club right where Mo can see it. Plenty of Abdullah out chants too.

Like it or not Abdullah can't  silence people.

Lags that :chubb:

Archived