0A95 Athleticos banned from bringing Flags and Banners into Boundary Park.

4 minutes ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

Hope the Athleticos come back for the Hartlepool game. We need protests in bigger numbers now. Not just a handful on the pitch. 

I'd say if anything they didn't boycott yesterday and protested pretty loudly. They also unveiled banners. So the ban on banners failed.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/4/2021 at 10:55 AM, Barry Bosnian said:

If the players can't concentrate on the game then they should be playing in the Oldham Sunday League. It's frankly ridiculous to suggest fans signing anti-board songs would negatively affect the players on the pitch.

I'm not signing up to that.😆

We could do with a real media saturation job. Get it in the Oldham Times and the ‘Chron’ which I believe is now back in print. Although unlikely, it would be great to get 5 or 6 thousand protesters at the Hartlepool fixture whether it be inside or outside the ground pre game or post game.

🤔I wouldn’t mind betting Mo doesn’t even turn up for the game!

18 minutes ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

Definitely. Hartlepool at home will be interesting. I haven't been to BP for years, but I'll be there for that.

I can’t help thinking the club ** May ** do something like a season ticket holders only on “safety grounds” if/when this gains traction or at least I wouldn’t put it past them 

25 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

We could do with a real media saturation job. Get it in the Oldham Times and the ‘Chron’ which I believe is now back in print. Although unlikely, it would be great to get 5 or 6 thousand protesters at the Hartlepool fixture whether it be inside or outside the ground pre game or post game.

🤔I wouldn’t mind betting Mo doesn’t even turn up for the game!

5 or 6k. Good one 

58 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Rochdale away could be *very* tasty

We usually get up to three thousand tickets for this one but I would not be surprised if they restricted the numbers this season.

Rochdale too must fear a pitch invasion which would be very difficult to prevent.

I would suggest that all factions post early on social media urging fans not to enter the field of play at Spotland. I think that any transgression might do more harm than good.

Just having 3k chanting and displaying banners whilst backing the team would send a powerful message to any potential buyers i think 🤔 

I can't imagine any home team's fans would be appreciative of our fans on the pitch, not least our most local 'rivals'. The Barrow lot were quite lively yesterday, it was brave of some of those on the pitch to run towards them - wouldn't have been shocked if they'd have tried to get on also!

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I can’t help thinking the club ** May ** do something like a season ticket holders only on “safety grounds” if/when this gains traction or at least I wouldn’t put it past them 

Christ, don't give them ideas. They can create enough shit on their own. And have proved it more than once.

A bit silly to antagonise other team's supporters, which will just be misconstrued as hooliganism, we need all the allies we can muster.

Yesterday a bloke a couple of rows back shouted "good, get the dogs on them" when the police reinforcements arrived and another outside the ground was shouting "first one to hit Karl in he face gets ??????? ( indecipherable )" and "storm the main stand !" which just shows the diametric views of some of our fans, both equally stupid in my opinion.

25 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Christ, don't give them ideas. They can create enough shit on their own. And have proved it more than once.

Those in charge of our club are thicker than corned beef sandwiches but not so thick not to come up with strategies like that without my help

I mean they planted hired thugs in the stands yesterday 

59 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Is that the initial allocation or the absolute maximum Rochdale will allocate?

I'm sure Rochdale would welcome the revenue of 2500/3000 Latics fans.

If 1600 is the maximum than there is something very fishy going on indeed.

3 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Perhaps 1600 is the number they think they can safely control ?

Money comes first to these people, 50 extra stewards at £25 a pop is nothing compared to an extra 1400 fans paying up.

The police will be added cost because this will be a cat A game.

But still if theres 1600 or 3000,  there will only be a handful of balloons intent on causing bother, the rest just want some banter, enjoy the anti Almo chants and go home.

Gmp police City and Utd games, Rochdale v Oldham will be a busy day but nothing different to the usual dealings apart from being less in numbers.

Archived