Protest tomorrow?

Given the news of the latest attempt by the club to piss off the fans can we not get something organized tomorrow? Full scale protest outside the ground before and after the game? Protests so far have been peaceful and well managed but given the clubs latest stance and attempts to silence I think a whole new approach is needed, let's face it BP is not the easiest ground in the world to sneak in and out of.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Given the news of the latest attempt by the club to piss off the fans can we not get something organized tomorrow? Full scale protest outside the ground before and after the game? Protests so far have been peaceful and well managed but given the clubs latest stance and attempts to silence I think a whole new approach is needed, let's face it BP is not the easiest ground in the world to sneak in and out of.

Not everyone lives online.  The change of organising "full scale" by tomorrow is minimal.

Sure the Athleticos will be checking the turf after the match as usual anyway.

It’s got to get worse before it gets better. It feels like things are accelerating which is great but we need to be prepared for the consequences of that, which may well be non-league football. 

that’s the reality. If you think our current existence is better than the  pain that we will need to endure to secure the club we really want, then keep going and fund our owners. 

That’s not my position. I’d rather see us maintain our league status of course. But am content to contribute to a course of action which may undermine that. Collateral damage.

24 minutes ago, Andy b said:

It’s got to get worse before it gets better. It feels like things are accelerating which is great but we need to be prepared for the consequences of that, which may well be non-league football. 

that’s the reality. If you think our current existence is better than the  pain that we will need to endure to secure the club we really want, then keep going and fund our owners. 

That’s not my position. I’d rather see us maintain our league status of course. But am content to contribute to a course of action which may undermine that. Collateral damage.

Been saying it for months Andy. 

The football is completely and utterly  irrelevant IMO. 

We’re fighting for the soul of the club. 

Its heartbreaking to see what's going on at my club.

Just cannot see an easy fix. if we get what we want and Abdullah and Mo go. I assume no one is waiting in the wings with loads of cash to fund the club moving forward. 

I am sure Bury fans wanted the same and got there owner out. How did that go ? 

I have no answers or ideas as to how we resolve this situation. Unless a fans numbers come up on the euro millions or someone is prepared to buy the ground and the club (at these overinflated asking prices) were do we actually go from here ? 

Apart from Abdullah can anyone actually remember any other viable buyers when Blitz and his amigos were selling ?

35 minutes ago, League one forever said:

You have. Unfortunately fans are split on this and many would maintain league status at all costs, which they interpret as meaning they should support the club financially 

2 minutes ago, JohnG123 said:

Just cannot see an easy fix. if we get what we want and Abdullah and Mo go. I assume no one is waiting in the wings with loads of cash to fund the club moving forward. 

I have no answers or ideas as to how we resolve this situation. Unless a fans numbers come up on the euro millions or someone is prepared to buy the ground and the club (at these overinflated asking prices) were do we actually go from here ? 

Apart from Abdullah can anyone actually remember any other viable buyers when Blitz and his amigos were selling ?

Which all points to the urgent need for the trust to build up its reserves. That may not run the club for long but it will allow it to step in and put something in alongside a n other.

Just now, Andy b said:

Which all points to the urgent need for the trust to build up its reserves. That may not run the club for long but it will allow it to step in and put something in alongside a n other.

I fully agree but I would have thought a football league club would be an easier sell to a prospective purchaser than a national league club. 

The fans really are caught up in an intolerable situation, boycott and cut of the owners revenue stream = administration = National league or even worse be another Bury Fc.

Support the club by attending games and spending your money = your financing the owner.

Only time will tell what the outcome will be.

Its a lot easier to sell a club that's up near the top of the league with a good steady fan base than a club were its supporters are boycotting and demonstrating at every home game.  

Really do wish we had a real solution to the problem. 

Guess we all need to KTF

31 minutes ago, JohnG123 said:

I fully agree but I would have thought a football league club would be an easier sell to a prospective purchaser than a national league club. 

The fans really are caught up in an intolerable situation, boycott and cut of the owners revenue stream = administration = National league or even worse be another Bury Fc.

Support the club by attending games and spending your money = your financing the owner.

Its a lot easier to sell a club that's up near the top of the league with a good steady fan base than a club were its supporters are boycotting and demonstrating at every home game.  

Guess we all need to KTF

Even if fans backed the club and we got attendances of 5000 again, do you really think this would lead to us being at the top of the table? I don't. This lot in charge have shown no idea of how to spend money when they have it or how to generate money when they don't. They have continuously proved themselves to be clueless in all aspects of running a football club.  Putting more money at their disposal won't help matters at all in my opinion.  They need to go.

3 hours ago, League one forever said:

absolutely not. league status is everything and without someone prepared to pump some serious money in, the team/budget would be roughly the same. not sure who u think is coming in to save us and make thing so much better than they are now when the north stand is owned by someone else. pulling the plug on the income will likely make us bust as i can't see ALMO covering huge losses. then we will have no team to follow

2 hours ago, JohnG123 said:

totally agree. who is going to buy the club and not the ground. Im sure corney was trying to shift it for a long period and couldn't and at that point we were league 1.  even if someone won the euro millions would you want to pay blitz the apparent over the odds valuation for the stand, or even ALMO's hearty price. u'd have to have ten million to throw away before you even contemplated the yearly losses of how ever long you resided over the club. the protests need to ramp up but we must make sure we don't bust the club

25 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

absolutely not. league status is everything and without someone prepared to pump some serious money in, the team/budget would be roughly the same. not sure who u think is coming in to save us and make thing so much better than they are now when the north stand is owned by someone else. pulling the plug on the income will likely make us bust as i can't see ALMO covering huge losses. then we will have no team to follow

AL told BO that he isn't funding the club anymore. That is why the EFL loan was taken up. What will happen in three years time, when that loan as to be paid back? We may well be relegated by then having to comply with the embargo rules for the same time, which would mean a complete new squad every year.

38 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

They aren't covering huge losses take a look at the trade creditors figure on the balance sheet we are not paying people and its going to come to a head.

While I really don't hope liquidation happens.

The worst case scenario is we start at the bottom again become fan run for a number of years. If we get as little as 1500 turning up to watch the pheonix club we will be able to attract loads of decent semi-pro lads have some proper good days out at some of those non-league grounds climb the leagues and eventually get to a place where we can bring in investors and get back into the football league. It will be a long road but the journey will be epic.

11 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

The worst case scenario is we start at the bottom again become fan run for a number of years. If we get as little as 1500 turning up to watch the pheonix club we will be able to attract loads of decent semi-pro lads have some proper good days out at some of those non-league grounds climb the leagues and eventually get to a place where we can bring in investors and get back into the football league. It will be a long road but the journey will be epic.

No it won't. It would be shite. Shitter than League 2

12 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I've asked this question many times over the years and nobody has ever answered it. 

Who is it that's starting this phoenix club? 

3 hours ago, JohnG123 said:

Guess we all need to KTF

Fans need to form their own view. There is a case to be made that you can protest whilst attending games and so whilst not hitting them in the pocket you are still making your voice heard and so doing your bit. 

9 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I've asked this question many times over the years and nobody has ever answered it. 

Who is it that's starting this phoenix club? 

Again, the trust need to have a plan b in place to get football restarted if it comes to that.

that’s asking a lot of the trust but it’s the vehicle for us having a future and it needs to be supported to builds its finances, develop its contingency plan to take over the club and, worst case, develop a plan which it can implement to launch a Phoenix 

Archived