Protest tomorrow?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Perhaps boycotters could stand outside with tennis racquets and a good supply of balls. Should be able to put some Andy Murray killer lobs over the stands and on to the pitch.

500+ fans wacking tennis balls over the main stand would definitely be news worthy, and hilarious to watch.

We’re fecked!

A complete home boycott contrasted with big away followings would be ideal but all that will happen is they will limit and control away ticket distribution 

Blitz, Corney and AlMo have taken our club from us and pride (and £) means they will let it die rather than sell at a realistic price or find a solution involving our supporters

2 hours ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

Taken from Twitter. Ridiculous. 

image.png.d9ae21ec26727302f83b3f60f51208c8.png

The door staff can only search bags and exterior clothing eg coat pockets, to look for drugs or offensive weapons. I’m guessing searching for tennis balls would be an illegal use of those search powers.

14 minutes ago, Pidge said:

The door staff can only search bags and exterior clothing eg coat pockets, to look for drugs or offensive weapons. I’m guessing searching for tennis balls would be an illegal use of those search powers.

They should check the boardroom if they're looking for offensive weapons. 

28 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

We’re fecked!

A complete home boycott contrasted with big away followings would be ideal but all that will happen is they will limit and control away ticket distribution 

Blitz, Corney and AlMo have taken our club from us and pride (and £) means they will let it die rather than sell at a realistic price or find a solution involving our supporters

I sincerely hope this hasn’t only just dawned on you 

Surely it's time for a mass pitch Invasion, two dozen stewards can't prevent a couple thousand fans from disrupting the game and being heard. If banners aren't their cup of tea, maybe people on the pitch will send the message. Heck they could ban us all and make no ticket revenues instead of the dismal amount they already driven us to!

12 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Shove 'em down your undercrackers. They'll either be very impressed or won't have a clue what to do.

Exactly it isn't rocket science, the rockets/flares go up the back passage for those that get their kicks that way. 

42 minutes ago, Andy b said:

I sincerely hope this hasn’t only just dawned on you 

Well no but it is becoming clear that we need to find someone with money to buy these asset strippers and clowns out but I am beginning to think this is all part of Blitz master plan to destroy the playing side and enable him to sell or develop BP whilst what is left of OAFC or some re-incarnation ground shares at Curzon Ashton

AlMo don’t know what they’re doing which makes them dangerous....Blitz knows exactly what he’s doing which makes him much more so

5 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Well no but it is becoming clear that we need to find someone with money to buy these asset strippers and clowns out but I am beginning to think this is all part of Blitz master plan to destroy the playing side and enable him to sell or develop BP whilst what is left of OAFC or some re-incarnation ground shares at Curzon Ashton

AlMo don’t know what they’re doing which makes them dangerous....Blitz knows exactly what he’s doing which makes him much more so

I do wonder why blitz is getting off so lightly. There has been no effort to challenge him and ask him what his long term intentions for BP are as the proposed sale to AL appears to have been shelved. 

15 minutes ago, Andy b said:

I do wonder why blitz is getting off so lightly. There has been no effort to challenge him and ask him what his long term intentions for BP are as the proposed sale to AL appears to have been shelved. 

Blitz stands to gain more from the club dying I suspect. Why would he give a shit. He pretends to care whenever he is interviewed and has rarely been put under the cosh by anyone. Actions speak louder than words.

50 minutes ago, mastap said:

Surely it's time for a mass pitch Invasion, two dozen stewards can't prevent a couple thousand fans from disrupting the game and being heard. If banners aren't their cup of tea, maybe people on the pitch will send the message. Heck they could ban us all and make no ticket revenues instead of the dismal amount they already driven us to!

Show some impulse control, lads. You're leaving an online trace of yourselves encouraging/admitting to engaging in criminality.

I've also seen a few videos floating about of young lads on the pitch with all of their mates' faces showing. They're far too engaged in the spectacle. These things can have real world consequences and if the toxicity ramps up in the coming weeks I wouldn't be surprised to see AL and ML turn to legal means to stop the fan from embarrassing them further...

[This wasn't meant to single out the above poster but just be careful]

1 hour ago, Andy b said:

Trying to look at this objectively The owner is a bigger problem for us than Blitz is. If the stand was under his control he'd still fuck everything up but he would have more power which would make him more dangerous. If we get new owners who we can get behind then I think we can turn up heat on the landlord. It has to be done in that order.

Big well done to everyone who got on the pitch today you inspired me I'm glad we have young fans who care that much about the club they are prepared to make a stand.

It's long road back for us but one day we will get our club back

We have big problems. I spoke to a few folk today - admittedly mostly 40+, rather than those more likely to be engaged on social media etc - and the overriding sentiment was that they didn't understand why people were protesting, or what they hoped to gain from it. Not much active support for "the regime", but a general lack of support for protests/action in general. I think @Lee Sinnott2 experienced something similar on his travels recently...

We'll get nowhere whilst there's a split - those willing to protest/tack action versus those who aren't sure why we're protesting/don't support the protests.

Communication is key. Whilst the online stuff has been mostly great, and I include the podcasts in that, we're missing a huge segment of our support - those who aren't digitally engaged, or simply less likely to spend their days and hours thinking of OAFC than some of us!

So what do we do? There are a number of options which spring to mind:

• Most importantly we need to get the messaging right. Something along the lines of:
  1. The current regime (including Blitz) are killing the club - turnover of managers, shocking recruitment, annoying sponsors, falling gates, poor treatment of fans, players, staff, etc etc
  2. There *are* people out there willing to buy the club
  3. We want them to sell/listen to offers
  • Get this message out there:
  1. Open letter to the newspapers
  2. Leaflet campaign - get volunteers at every turnstile home and away. The club will try and stop it, so then move the campaign to pubs etc
  3. Radio phone ins
  4. Etc etc
  • Direct action is great, lawful obviously - one thing we haven't yet done (to my knowledge) is getting in touch with all the sponsors of the club we can find, with the messaging as above

Thoughts?

1 minute ago, oafcmetty said:

We have big problems. I spoke to a few folk today - admittedly mostly 40+, rather than those more likely to be engaged on social media etc - and the overriding sentiment was that they didn't understand why people were protesting, or what they hoped to gain from it. Not much active support for "the regime", but a general lack of support for protests/action in general. I think @Lee Sinnott2 experienced something similar on his travels recently...

We'll get nowhere whilst there's a split - those willing to protest/tack action versus those who aren't sure why we're protesting/don't support the protests.

Communication is key. Whilst the online stuff has been mostly great, and I include the podcasts in that, we're missing a huge segment of our support - those who aren't digitally engaged, or simply less likely to spend their days and hours thinking of OAFC than some of us!

• Most importantly we need to get the messaging right. Something along the lines of:
  1. The current regime (including Blitz) are killing the club - turnover of managers, shocking recruitment, annoying sponsors, falling gates, poor treatment of fans, players, staff, etc etc
  2. Leaflet campaign - get volunteers at every turnstile home and away. The club will try and stop it, so then move the campaign to pubs etc
  3. Radio phone ins
  4. Etc etc
  • Direct action is great, lawful obviously - one thing we haven't yet done (to my knowledge) is getting in touch with all the sponsors of the club we can find, with the messaging as above

Thoughts?

Good perspective. 

I have said myself in the last few days that I don’t believe our fan base is overwhelmingly bought in to the idea of action of any sort. It may be apathy, it may be naivety. But fundamentally there isn’t isn’t sufficient support for an active movement from what I can see.

Yes, that’s a huge problem.

Reaching out to those disconnected is absolutely critical. That has to happen face to face, lobbying on a match day and at the turnstiles. Old fashioned door knocking so to speak.

and yes it starts with a clear narrative which explains the issues, outlines the future we want and then the role which fans have to play in achieving this.

we have a long way to go to mobilise this but recruiting and then coordinating a group of say 80 or so volunteers to do the canvassing on the ground is going to be necessary.

The strategy needs setting first. 

7 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

3. Radio phone ins
  4. Etc etc

Thoughts?

Most people don't care about pensions, turnover of staff etc. Like it or not it is about results. They won't get better by people running on the pitch or chanting outside the entrance. The focus needs to be solely on attracting new owners. The rest is just noise.

Archived