Protest tomorrow?

As one of the "older generation"

I have seen some shite in my time watching my team. I have also seen some sublime brilliance.

Since moving to Australia over 20 years ago, iFollow has been a life saver.

Some of that brilliance has been seen under Johnson, Shez, Dino and Kewell.

However since the Lemmys have been on board I have been a little conflicted. While the North stand was completed and they effectively "saved" us from TTA, their decision making, particularly around recruitment beggars belief. Equally so, their communication with the lifeblood of the club, the fans has been soured with liberal doses of apathy and denial.

As such, I chose not to renew my season pass this year. My own personal boycott if you like. 

I purchased a match pass for Newport and saw Blythe.

Decision validated.

I love my club. I always will. 

The enjoyment has gone.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Ryan said:

Show some impulse control, lads. You're leaving an online trace of yourselves encouraging/admitting to engaging in criminality.

I've also seen a few videos floating about of young lads on the pitch with all of their mates' faces showing. They're far too engaged in the spectacle. These things can have real world consequences and if the toxicity ramps up in the coming weeks I wouldn't be surprised to see AL and ML turn to legal means to stop the fan from embarrassing them further...

[This wasn't meant to single out the above poster but just be careful]

Firstly I'm admitting to nothing, I haven't entered the stadium in recent times let alone on the pitch. I'm also a lone person giving my opinion and thoughts, I post on behalf of no-one but myself, so not entirely sure who the 'lads' are you're referring to?

The simple fact is the owners arrogance has gone to far, and trying to brush the fans under the carpet out of sight is simply unacceptable.

It was our club before it was theirs, and one way or another they have to listen.

The club is nothing without fans, sadly not every fan is prepared to boycott like myself, so something different is clearly needed.

1 minute ago, mastap said:

Firstly I'm admitting to nothing, I haven't entered the stadium in recent times let alone on the pitch. I'm also a lone person giving my opinion and thoughts, I post on behalf of no-one but myself, so not entirely sure who the 'lads' are you're referring to?

The simple fact is the owners arrogance has gone to far, and trying to brush the fans under the carpet out of sight is simply unacceptable.

It was our club before it was theirs, and one way or another they have to listen.

The club is nothing without fans, sadly not every fan is prepared to boycott like myself, so something different is clearly needed.

The stuff about those lads was a side note from what I've seen on social media. As I said at the end my post wasn't meant to single you out.

"It's time for a mass pitch invasion" ... "they could ban us all".

You do you. I'm not trying to lecture you but just be careful with how you word things - I wouldn't put anything past the bastard brothers.

39 minutes ago, Ryan said:

The stuff about those lads was a side note from what I've seen on social media. As I said at the end my post wasn't meant to single you out.

"It's time for a mass pitch invasion" ... "they could ban us all".

You do you. I'm not trying to lecture you but just be careful with how you word things - I wouldn't put anything past the bastard brothers.

If the pitch invasions carry on the FA will likely insist on behind closed doors at home.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

What could they do about 3,000 outside though?

The FA nothing, the Police on the other hand would have to be notified and they would have to approve any such gathering. 

Outside of BP is totally down to Police and Council authorities.

5 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

The FA nothing, the Police on the other hand would have to be notified and they would have to approve any such gathering. 

Outside of BP is totally down to Police and Council authorities.

Might do for for thousands, but could they stop a peaceful protest of a hundred making a lot of  noise?

You could hold a completely different event away from the ground. A party in the park type affair if you got it in quick enough.

You could request that all of your fans turned up at a non league ground with sufficient capacity. Stalybridge, say.

Anything novel or different that the Feds couldn't ban.

A sit in at the QE Hall? Huge space.

18 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Precisely.

"Stop the Rot" was a great way of phrasing it. Simple, yet meaningful.

Ive posted similar on Twitter, get posters in the window on Furtherwood Road, Broadway, BP Road etc and Elk Mill (especially Mo’s favourite haunt of Costa) put flyers in your windows exactly like election time. Make the whole town Anti-Lemsagem. I remember the whole town having posters in their windows in 1990 the whole town centre caught ‘Cup Fever’.

We could achieve the same through an Anti Lemsagem campaign - give them nowhere to go, nowhere to hide. We want you out of our Town’s club! 

Quite simply, we have the most apathetic fans in the country. The club will die without hardly a whimper. That said, it will then be bought out of administration, everything then brought under one umbrella and sold. Despite my thoughts, I really do hope there is some serious protest of some kind very soon - it's the only thing that will bring me back to BP at the moment. Desperately sad days... again.

1 minute ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

There's something going on before the Hartlepool game, I believe.

Good - and I hope all the lapsed fans turn out for it - and lawfully exercise their right to self defence from any bully boy tactics from anyone who cares to shove their weight around.

20 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Quite simply, we have the most apathetic fans in the country. The club will die without hardly a whimper. That said, it will then be bought out of administration, everything then brought under one umbrella and sold. Despite my thoughts, I really do hope there is some serious protest of some kind very soon - it's the only thing that will bring me back to BP at the moment. Desperately sad days... again.

I used to think that not after yesterday the protest was loud and proud and Mohamed who was in attendance was left in no doubt what the vast majority of fans think of him and his brother so much so he had to scurry away and hide in the boardroom until after the game after the pitch invasion took place. 

The Abdallah Out chants got louder and louder as the afternoon wore on. Its taken a while but we have got to a place now where the majority are openly shouting for his head.

4 hours ago, oafcprozac said:

Ive posted similar on Twitter, get posters in the window on Furtherwood Road, Broadway, BP Road etc and Elk Mill (especially Mo’s favourite haunt of Costa) put flyers in your windows exactly like election time. Make the whole town Anti-Lemsagem. I remember the whole town having posters in their windows in 1990 the whole town centre caught ‘Cup Fever’.

We could achieve the same through an Anti Lemsagem campaign - give them nowhere to go, nowhere to hide. We want you out of our Town’s club! 

Do we think that we should itemise all the things they've done and why we're so angry? We should be really clear to everyone about the damage caused by the two morons. We could even send said list to all local and national media outlets. That wouldn't take long. We could include the FA and EFL and ask about the fit and proper persons test. We might sign it on behalf of Stop the Rot.

No actual investment.

Failed to buy the actual ground/land - therefore, no assets.

Shipping in loads of mainly crap players (mainly) from the French lower leagues, without even telling the managers.

Totally undermining all managers by constant interference in signing players, team selection etc.

Humiliating legends like Frankie Bunn, Andy Rhodes and Paul Murray.

Squeezing out any player who dare speak up - ruining the careers of respected pros like Wheater.

Taken us to level four for the first time in several generations.

Taken us to the bottom of said league.

Took out a loan which seriously prevented the manager from signing sufficient players/players of a better calibre, thereby condemning us to a relegation battle.

Waged a struggle with Brass Bank which resulted in them closing the North Stand on a flimsy premise.

Hiring thugs to bully loyal supporters in the ground.

There's lots more, but my memory is crap. Please correct and add whatever you think/recall.

12 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I used to think that not after yesterday the protest was loud and proud and Mohamed who was in attendance was left in no doubt what the vast majority of fans think of him and his brother so much so he had to scurry away and hide in the boardroom until after the game after the pitch invasion took place. 

The Abdallah Out chants got louder and louder as the afternoon wore on. Its taken a while but we have got to a place now where the majority are openly shouting for his head.

We need the protest to build a sense of belonging and togetherness. It may have no effect and no bearing on our future but fans of OAFC currently aren’t a cohesive group. They lack purpose and a sense of belonging to something. A protest movement can give us something to fight for - a reason to bother. It could crate real unity and give fans something to put their energy and passion into. That’s been lacking for years.

23 minutes ago, Andy b said:

We need the protest to build a sense of belonging and togetherness. It may have no effect and no bearing on our future but fans of OAFC currently aren’t a cohesive group. They lack purpose and a sense of belonging to something. A protest movement can give us something to fight for - a reason to bother. It could crate real unity and give fans something to put their energy and passion into. That’s been lacking for years.

We do but I think their are 2 issues with people not wanting to get involved in any protests.

1. People don't believe they will be effective.

2. What's the Alternative to Abdallah. 

Now I'm on the podcast tomorrow and it is a subject we go into more depth on. But my major takeaway from the game yesterday was that the vast majority of the fans want the owners gone.

24 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Aerialads.com

Thats who you need, they fly out of local airports.

Check them out 👍

I think they're based in USA, unless I've checked the wrong one.

Airads UK are in Blackpool, but they don't list prices.

9 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Do we think that we should itemise all the things they've done and why we're so angry? We should be really clear to everyone about the damage caused by the two morons. We could even send said list to all local and national media outlets. That wouldn't take long. We could include the FA and EFL and ask about the fit and proper persons test. We might sign it on behalf of Stop the Rot.

No actual investment.

Failed to buy the actual ground/land - therefore, no assets.

Shipping in loads of mainly crap players (mainly) from the French lower leagues, without even telling the managers.

Totally undermining all managers by constant interference in signing players, team selection etc.

Humiliating legends like Frankie Bunn, Andy Rhodes and Paul Murray.

Squeezing out any player who dare speak up - ruining the careers of respected pros like Wheater.

Taken us to level four for the first time in several generations.

Taken us to the bottom of said league.

Took out a loan which seriously prevented the manager from signing sufficient players/players of a better calibre, thereby condemning us to a relegation battle.

Waged a struggle with Brass Bank which resulted in them closing the North Stand on a flimsy premise.

Hiring thugs to bully loyal supporters in the ground.

There's lots more, but my memory is crap. Please correct and add whatever you think/recall.

Someone posted this recently:

🔹 North Stand debacle
🔸 Andy Rhodes sacked for nothing
🔹 Debts owed to multiple suppliers
🔸 Multiple staff sacked for nothing
🔹 Local businesses treated awfully
🔸 Staff treated poorly
🔹 Ridiculous wage structure
🔸 No actual hospitality
🔹 Finances barely disclosed
🔹9 managers in 43 months
🔸Atrocious recruitment
🔹Fans walking away
🔸Unpaid rent & debentures
🔹Multiple players frozen out 
🔸Unpaid pension contributions
🔹Late wages
🔸Employment tribunals 
🔹Transfer embargos
🔸Winding up petitions 
🔹Consumer credit removed

8 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

Aerialads.com

Thats who you need, they fly out of local airports.

Check them out 👍

From the Grimsby Telegraph:

"The Cessna plane operated by Air-Ads flew from Blackpool and landed at North Coates airfield to have the banner attached.

An unsuspecting Meg, 31 was coaxed out of her home into her garden at Laceby Acres to look up at the sky to see her special message.

GrimsbyLive can now reveal that it would have cost Luke around £625 plus tax to have the message displayed in the sky.

This covers the costs of the banner being made and the plane being in the air. The plane normally flies for between 45 to 50 minutes and can focus on a number of key areas of interest, such as Meg's house."

Archived