MATCH: vs Barrow (H) 04/09/2021

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bigfatjoe1 said:

Olly Banks....we're even making a donkey like that look good.

In fairness he’d walk in to this squad!!! We used to slate him in league one, when we had some half decent talent at least! 

12 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Olly Banks....we're even making a donkey like that look good.

To be fair to him, he didn't get stick here for lack of talent, more because he was a complete wet wipe in the tackle.  

If somebody had shouted boo at him he'd have missed that shot

Just now, daniel said:

I’ve said it before but Adams and Fage link up well on the right. Our only bright spark so far!

I've never said it, but Fage is having a good half.

There's nothing upfront. Midfield needs to link up. Hope is a lump, but there's little support.

Do Mike and Roy think we are a decent team? 
Roy before the game said we should have too much for these, and Mike said 5 minutes ago we should be beating these. 
On what basis do they come up with those conclusions? We are completely toothless from an attacking sense, which is absolutely key to winning games of football.

Roy also just asked in the 42nd minute if the board has gone up!!! Don’t know what planet he’s on at times!

2 minutes ago, daniel said:

Roy before the game said we should have too much for these, and Mike said 5 minutes ago we should be beating these. 
On what basis do they come up with those conclusions? We are completely toothless from an attacking sense, which is absolutely key to winning games of football.

Roy also just asked in the 42nd minute if the board has gone up!!! Don’t know what planet he’s on at times!

He also said there were 4 minutes to go with 38 on the clock.

We should be level. They are starting to physically assault us. 

4 minutes ago, daniel said:

Worse than that German commentator on escape to victory .

2 minutes ago, Barry Bosnian said:

Hope looks completely out of his depth, not good enough for this level. 

I agree. I'd take him off and stick Vaughan of DKD on behind luamba. Fage playin well. Pierrgianni playin well. Whelan, betache and bowden starting to play. First 25 mins we were way too deep. Once we started pushing them back we played ok. I think keeper was unsighted for the goal as jameson stood there like a lamppost and Adams threw himself in front of it

3 defensive midfield hardly crossing the half way line, a centre back on the left on his own and Hallam might as well not be on the pitch.

The Spurs lad doesn't look interested, he has to come off.

Finally, everyone knows you don't allow Banks a free shot at goal.

Archived