MATCH: vs Barrow (H) 04/09/2021

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Weird that playing four at the back and two up front didn't magically transform us into a winning side

It wasn't the 442 of the 1990, we had full backs and wingers on each side of the pitch then and not a defender isolated on the left or 3 defensive midfielders not crossing the half way line. 

17 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

It wasn't the 442 of the 1990, we had full backs and wingers on each side of the pitch then and not a defender isolated on the left or 3 defensive midfielders not crossing the half way line. 

We had midfielders like Nick Henry who were strong in the tackle and would burst forwards beyond the forwards.  Midfielders now don't seem to do this even at the top level.  Wingers also seemed to produce better crosses which invited forwards to attack them. 

1 hour ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Weird that playing four at the back and two up front didn't magically transform us into a winning side

Can I get an Amen for this post.

Talk of tactics is pointless. Their is no tactical formula that will work with this lot we are just shit.

I have just watched that tripe and so glad I boycotted. All those extra stewards and police will be costing AL.

Even if they are trying to show that people aren't boycotting, they know the reality, and it's hitting them in the pocket. The tax man may be after the extra cash as well.

11 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I have just watched that tripe and so glad I boycotted. All those extra stewards and police will be costing AL.

Even if they are trying to show that people aren't boycotting, they know the reality, and it's hitting them in the pocket. The tax man may be after the extra cash as well.

Love the way the club have ensured commentary calling it “ridiculous, not needed, mainly kids” was used and not our own as usual was used 

Mikey next to be sacked 

absolute cunts 

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Can I get an Amen for this post.

Talk of tactics is pointless. Their is no tactical formula that will work with this lot we are just shit.

Teams can be drilled into a good shape, unfortunately this set of players don't look to have the desire.

39 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Teams can be drilled into a good shape, unfortunately this set of players don't look to have the desire.

I'm sure they can but looking at the goals yesterday it individual mistakes. The first 2 were very preventable. The 3rd one well that can happen but someone's got to clear that. 

I mean what does the manager do when Bettache and Fage just don't tackle the man that both of them have gone to close down for the second goal.

On 9/4/2021 at 6:03 PM, Wardie said:

The way it's going, it will take either a miracle or the club folding, to prevent non-league football next season.

Rumours going around of something nasty going on.
Hired thugs?

24 hours after what looked like an actual assault on their premises and nothing from the club has this matter been reported to the police?

36 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I'm sure they can but looking at the goals yesterday it individual mistakes. The first 2 were very preventable. The 3rd one well that can happen but someone's got to clear that. 

I mean what does the manager do when Bettache and Fage just don't tackle the man that both of them have gone to close down for the second goal.

The manager has to tell them to put their body on the line. This is already a relegation battle.

• Matt unfeatured this topic

Archived