Club statement from Abdallah its everyone elses fault but his.

9 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Regarding the OASF and MOU section:

So it seems as though the 20 meetings that the club have had with the OASF were all with Paul Hughes, who is now on the Club's board as a director.

It begs the question: if Paul Hughes is the representative on the board for OASF, why has absolutely no information from these meetings been provided to the fans or, seemingly, any of the rest of the OASF?

Good question, where is Paul Hughes, I don't think I've ever read any kind of statement he's made about the club?

No doubt he'll be hiding away now AL has dropped him in it, more chance of seeing Lord Lucan ride Shergar across the BP pitch than Mr Hughes giving us info on these supposed meetings. 

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Barry Bosnian said:

Good question, where is Paul Hughes, I don't think I've ever read any kind of statement he's made about the club?

No doubt he'll be hiding away now AL has dropped him in it, more chance of seeing Lord Lucan ride Shergar across the BP pitch than Mr Hughes giving us info on these supposed meetings. 

Resigned last month didn't he?

21 minutes ago, Barry Bosnian said:

He resigned he had second thoughts can't say I blame him.

4 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Nor can I.

Yet the club have used him as their justification for providing information to the OASF/the fans when it's pretty clear that's not happened.

Oh course they are their is all kinds of straw clutching going on here. 

I still believe the walls are closing in on him and he knows it. 

"Right now, the club is in its most stable position since I took over."

May I put on the record my appreciation to Abdallah for leading us to this position of stability. At 91st place in the football pyramid this position of stability must surely be the envy of the football world.

All hail Abdallah! All hail Mo ! National League sunlit uplands here we come !

Well, at least he is talking to us again!

The crazy thing is that I have sympathy with much of what he wrote....at least until the last part where he digs his heels in and blames a few fans for the protests

Its incredibly sad as this could all have been different if AlMo had engaged with the fans from the beginning

Think the only way he can regain any credability with the fans is to repay the EFL loan and put some funds into the club for recruitment of players as soon as possible . Fans wont accept another 3 years of this league or below. So his new 3 year plan is going to have to be very convincing and substantiated . Its imperative we dont go down again even if we have to suffer sometimes in silence or not. I do wonder about Saturdays gate is the inflated attendance figure an attempt to up the asking price of the club. 

27 minutes ago, penrhyn said:

Think the only way he can regain any credability with the fans is to repay the EFL loan and put some funds into the club for recruitment of players as soon as possible . Fans wont accept another 3 years of this league or below. So his new 3 year plan is going to have to be very convincing and substantiated . Its imperative we dont go down again even if we have to suffer sometimes in silence or not. I do wonder about Saturdays gate is the inflated attendance figure an attempt to up the asking price of the club. 

I would just be happy with big arms back.

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

We’re well past the point of any statement from the club having any material effect. The damage has been done, trust is non existent.

There’s no coming back. 

Probably. He did offer a chink of light though which has to be explored given he isn't selling and there's no buyer.

7 hours ago, penrhyn said:

Think the only way he can regain any credability with the fans is to repay the EFL loan and put some funds into the club for recruitment of players as soon as possible . 

The statement also contains the following:

“Earlier this year we took advantage of the FAPL/EFL monitored loan which, in the case of many EFL Clubs, helped us financially during a very difficult time. As a Board, we are happy with the financial terms of the loan as the repayments are made from source from FAPL solidarity monies due to us.”

What he doesn’t say is WHEN the loan will be fully repaid - would be nice to know methinks 🤔

9 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Regarding the OASF and MOU section:

So it seems as though the 20 meetings that the club have had with the OASF were all with Paul Hughes, who is now on the Club's board as a director.

It begs the question: if Paul Hughes is the representative on the board for OASF, why has absolutely no information from these meetings been provided to the fans or, seemingly, any of the rest of the OASF?

It’s likely that the meetings have essentially been meaningless (bit like PTB’s meetings with Karl) with the right people not being present to make them of any use. Said meetings have most likely focused on peripheral issues which no one is really interested in. That’s the point.

Bloody hell. 

The clear implication that his critics are racist is infuriating. 

if a new owner came in - of any colour or creed - and did a good job the same fans that are being branded racist would be overjoyed and back that owner to the hilt. 

I can easily dismiss the vast majority of that statement and shrug it off. 

But the racism thing is an insult, unjustified and wrong. 

And it makes me even more sure that my personal decision to boycott the current ownership is the right one for me. 

4 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

Bloody hell. 

if a new owner came in - of any colour or creed - and did a good job the same fans that are being branded racist would be overjoyed and back that owner to the hilt. 

And it makes me even more sure that my personal decision to boycott the current ownership is the right one for me. 

How do you know it's wrong?  I don't doubt for a second that some people would use such insults

7 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

Bloody hell. 

What if it has happened though?

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

How do you know it's wrong?  I don't doubt for a second that some people would use such insults

Me neither but I think that's more of an issue with social media. 

I've personally never heard anything at the ground, nor would it be accepted.

I noticed on Saturday it was Latics fans applauding the players taking to the knee, whilst Barrow fans boo'd. 

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

it’s possible some people would. Maybe even people who have no interest in Latics or don’t go to games. But we’re all being tarnished with the same brush. 

In my opinion, the racism card is being played here as a deflection. 

it’s very obvious to me that if we got a new owner who was from Outer Space, who did a good job, we would back that owner regardless of where they are from. 

So the vast majority of our fans are not racist. 

13 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

it’s possible some people would. Maybe even people who have no interest in Latics or don’t go to games. But we’re all being tarnished with the same brush. 

it’s very obvious to me that if we got a new owner who was from Outer Space, who did a good job, we would back that owner regardless of where they are from. 

I'm sure that the vast majority of fans are not racist but I'm equally sure that some are and I'm also equally sure that he will have received some racist abuse.  Let's not belittle that.

I'm also equally sure that how he has run the club has not been driven by some weird form of malice; how bizarre would that be?! - and that it has cost a significant sum thus far.

For what it's worth (not a lot at this stage) I could totally see the logic behind the approach of importing hidden gems, polishing them and selling them on; after all that is what the club has done for many years but the traditional route of plucking players from top level reserve sides has completely closed.  Unfortunately he clearly had no idea of the standard of L1/L2 football or the types of players that could potentially thrive in English football.

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I'm sure that the vast majority of fans are not racist but I'm equally sure that some are and I'm also equally sure that he will have received some racist abuse.  Let's not belittle that.

I'm also equally sure that how he has run the club has not been driven by some weird form of malice; how bizarre would that be?! - and that it has cost a significant sum thus far.

For what it's worth (not a lot at this stage) I could totally see the logic behind the approach of importing hidden gems, polishing them and selling them on; after all that is what the club has done for many years but the traditional route of plucking players from top level reserve sides has completely closed.  Unfortunately he clearly had no idea of the standard of L1/L2 football or the types of players that could potentially thrive in English football.

Just to be clear - I’m not belittling any alleged racism. 

I also think it’s important to not inflame  (for want of a better word) alleged racism by inferring that a broader group of fans are racist when that’s not the case. 

40 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

He has actually said in his response he knows there are good Oldham fans and thanks them.

We can't keep making assumptions that everything he says is a lie.

If this is the case why are we wanting dialog with him, to just dismiss it instantly, no point in that.

I do believe that he has received less than nice messages from fans or so called fans on social media etc.

We either want him to communicate with us or we dont, we arn't going to like what we hear so why bother.

Same with Blitz, Brassbank, corney etc, its all words now, denials and blame. Its become futile.

As fans groups we need people in place with the skills and business acumen to find new investment and potential owners. This needs to be the focus along with building up finance to prove as fans groups we are concentrating on the club becoming one asset. 

We meed to stop treating this like we are at war because the other side hold most of the cards just now.

All parties will absolutey sell up, it just needs the right people, skills and maybe a different approach from those with positions closer to the root problems.

Hopefully the new OASF members have the skills and contacts, if not we will just carry on.

Its a bit like Afganistan, years hurt and pain to replace a regime,  to end up replacing the regime with the same regime.

Archived