Club statement from Abdallah its everyone elses fault but his.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

I am as big a critic of the Lemsagams as the next one,but the words that I read are not as black and white as that

What??? He whines and moans - calls fans racist and says he sacked managers in the same paragraph as poor recruitment but still his precious brother is in situ 

Just now, nzlatic said:

Would love to know if the sporting director role is subject to the PDR process. 

Also, 70% season ticket sale increase? Is he comparing to iFollow season tickets sold last year?!

If the club has achieved a 70% season ticket increase (I am very dubious it has achieved any increase tbh despite the massively reduced prices), then why would he be worried about any fans choosing to boycott? 

Think this looks like he has been fed duff information from those around him which I feel is probably symptomatic of his reign of error, appoint those who will blow smoke up your arse and tell you all is rosy in the garden, get rid of any challengers/challenges - shades of North Korea?   

12 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

What??? He whines and moans - calls fans racist and says he sacked managers in the same paragraph as poor recruitment but still his precious brother is in situ 

I think we all just need to take a breath,consider what he has said good bad and ugly and decide how we move forward in the context of our current situation. 

To be fair to AL, and this does not get him off the hook in the manner he would wish, the trust’s failings during the corney era are astounding. But then many fans were guilty of ignoring the warning signs which were building under his tenure.

i remember a few trying to launch a protest in 2016 which didn’t get off the ground

Just now, Andy b said:

To be fair to AL, and this does not get him off the hook in the manner he would wish, the trust’s failings during the corney era are astounding. But then many fans were guilty of ignoring the warning signs which were building under his tenure.

i remember a few trying to launch a protest in 2016 which didn’t get off the ground

Corney was and is an absolute crook and he can sue me for saying so, he stole the money for the scoreboard, he deliberately kept the trust director out of the picture - his relationship with Blitz and the OEC after 2009 stinks like my dog after a curry and it certainly deserves its own inquiry 

Nothing should detract that this clown and his brother are not fit for purpose

and Corney is responsible for that too 

To blame:

Corney

Brooke

Barry

Fans

Shit staff that have left

Previous Trust reps

But don’t worry that’s all sorted things will be great from now on. 

Said this before, he’s a cheap salesman. Saying whatever bullshit sounds good today to put off dealing with the real problems.

6 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Corney was and is an absolute crook and he can sue me for saying so, he stole the money for the scoreboard, he deliberately kept the trust director out of the picture - his relationship with Blitz and the OEC after 2009 stinks like my dog after a curry and it certainly deserves its own inquiry 

Nothing should detract that this clown and his brother are not fit for purpose

and Corney is responsible for that too 

That’s very true. His failings aren’t any less because of the failings of a previous regime. And our trust’s inability to deal with the previous owner is irrelevant. Using that to direct attention away from him is a cheap shot and extremley poor.

31 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Perhaps the fans have learned from Corney's era and aren't willing to ignore the warning signs again. Once bitten twice shy and all that...

7 minutes ago, Barry Bosnian said:

Perhaps the fans have learned from Corney's era and aren't willing to to ignore the warning signs again. Once bitten twice shy and all that...

Yes you are probably right. And maybe any response to AL has to make that clear. We see what corney did but that’s irrelevant and, irrespective, your performance as an owner is abysmal.

Fans won’t take it anymore:

a) it’s unfortunate for you that you are the one in the hotseat when fans wake up and grow a pair and 

b) we can’t erase the past and, from the position we are in, it is matter of fact that you are bad for the club (even if there’s not much left of it post corney). 

therefore stop trying to detract attention. Pathetic 

The worry for us fans as I see it, is that AL clearly is not going to sell at a value less then he has paid in.  He has put in, according to him, a large portion of his personal wealth.  

He seems to be saying that fans,  by hurting the value of the club, are making it less likely that he can sell up and leave.  

This kind of suggests that if PTB and Trust were hoping for an amicable agreement by AL to sell the club to another owner for a £1, or whatever it is actually worth, then they will have to think again.

It looks to me like there is only one future, that the club will go bust without the fans support.  So we need to ramp up fundraising and preparations to take over. 

With the fans full support, surely our club which is already been prepared by AL to be self financing, could be a mid league 2 outfit while we wait for a new owner.

If he’d come out with all this a year ago he would probably have kept fans onside, he’s made hollow comments many times before and the fact it’s taken this long makes it almost irrelevant. 

He’s obviously had this written for him, whether it is his honest assessment is another matter, you could say he’s only made it because he’s had to!!

Some of it I agree with and am slightly sympathetic towards but some of it sounds like bullshit.

You cannot argue he hasn’t provided funds to keep the club going and staff wages appear to be paid on time.

I really wish he’d just come out and said he’s skint and is putting the club up for sale, but he hasn’t and has again reiterated it his intention to turn it around.

It will be interesting to see the reaction from the trust and PTB…

16 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

You cannot argue he hasn’t provided funds to keep the club going and staff wages appear to be paid on time.

You can argue he hasn’t provided funds to keep the club going.  Clearly he paid something for the club and has paid some debts, but for the past 2 to 3 years, invoices and some staff wages have been paid late with the accountant arguing, you will have to wait to this or that money comes in, then I can pay you. You are on my priority list!

If AL was providing the funds, surely the accountant would have been saying , I will pay you when the money arrives from the owner.

Regarding the OASF and MOU section:

So it seems as though the 20 meetings that the club have had with the OASF were all with Paul Hughes, who is now on the Club's board as a director.

It begs the question: if Paul Hughes is the representative on the board for OASF, why has absolutely no information from these meetings been provided to the fans or, seemingly, any of the rest of the OASF?

Archived