Club statement from Abdallah its everyone elses fault but his.

37 minutes ago, al_bro said:

It doesn't really matter as there won't be anything left to pay any debts.

I agree it probably doesn't matter. I don't expect an administrator to have anything to work with to keep the club going whilst attempts are made to flush out a buyer. If the club is wound up I wouldn't expect a distribution.

As someone said there won't be much (anything) for him as a shareholder but do directors loans sit somewhere else in the pecking order? Can he have secured them against some asset (if we had any?) Just curious really.

I can't see how he can recover his costs. Sell anyone who can kick a ball in the Jan window? Won't raise a fortune. Everyone knows they can have their pick for free in the summer.

Only options I can see are take a realistic price now and walk away with losses capped ( if there really is a buyer) or make a proper go of it but he doesn't seem to have the funds, ambition, know how or people around him to do that. Anything else just increases his exposure whilst his asset shrinks.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Inspectormorose. said:

Can't say I did, you need a mortgage for a fish supper up there!

that was the first supprise my partners parents got when they visited down here how cheap our fish suppers were yet they live in a fishing port strange 

It's a 15000 kilometre round trip from Oldham to Dubai. Imagine doing that only to be greeted by 1600 people telling you to piss off and the very thing that you have travelled 15000 kilometres for is costing you a fortune in no small part down to your brother shafting you. Not exactly living your best life is it.

On 9/21/2021 at 9:11 PM, oafcmetty said:

Fresh fish is always more expensive - totally worth it though.

Agreed. We do seem to get ripped off in the UK though for some reason. I’m out in Spain at the moment and the other day I bought a big fillet of hake from a Carrefour hyper market for less than 6 Euros, more than big enough for dinner for two. Absolutely delicious and a lot less than Tesco would charge.

Not only that but the Carrefour fresh fish counter is a sight to behold, about 10x bigger than the average UK supermarket’s!

1 hour ago, oafc 123 said:

If it is true, AL is completely cuckoo 

I'm really struggling with this. We took out a crippling loan that we didn't need to take out. FFS. Is this true? Who decided that was a good idea?

I mean, great. Keep the lad. He's an exciting talent. We don't need the money. Screw it. We're in such a good place. Loans, debts - nah. We're in a good place....NO FUCKING STRIKER, BOTTOM OF THE FUCKING LEAGUE!!! STUPID LOAN!!! But, hey, it's all good.

Calm thoughts...The post history of our club is beyond a soap opera.

On 9/21/2021 at 6:47 PM, Diego_Sideburns said:

The current chant consists of six syllables followed by five, reducing Abdallah to Dallah. Your suggestion is two sixes and looks good on paper, but putting the emphasis on the second WANT would slow it down fractionally, which won't be accepted by the chanters.

This is probably how Lennon and McCartney discussed their compositions.... yellow submarine or blue and tangerine?😎

Where is Freddie Mercury when we need him? The man could fit 72 syllables into any single line, one word chant.

And roll his R's.

Thinking about it, that really didnt end well for him.

Ok well, Rami Malek then.

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

AL wants the club to be self sustainable according to some doesn’t he? Took out the loan so he didn’t have to put anything in I’m sure. 

Anyone who has ever been in any kind of debt would tell you taking out loans is the very opposite of "self sustaining" 

21 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Anyone who has ever been in any kind of debt would tell you taking out loans is the very opposite of "self sustaining" 

Not in this case as the source of repayment comes from the same people we took the loan out from 

12 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

Where is Freddie Mercury when we need him? The man could fit 72 syllables into any single line, one word chant.....

A friend who I was sat next to at Rochdale explained that it is a matter of syncopation - a variety of rhythms played or sung together to make part or all of a tune or song off-beat - rather than the number of syllables. He illustrated it by chanting the second "we want" as "wewant". 

The main thing is to make sure it's obvious what we want, regardless of how we chant it. 🗣️

4 hours ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

A friend who I was sat next to at Rochdale explained that it is a matter of syncopation - a variety of rhythms played or sung together to make part or all of a tune or song off-beat - rather than the number of syllables. He illustrated it by chanting the second "we want" as "wewant". 

The main thing is to make sure it's obvious what we want, regardless of how we chant it. 🗣️

Can't beat a dipthong for lyrical flexibility

As has been said. If we did turn down £500k for Vaughn AL must be stupid. Even if he becomes a target when he improves next season, he isn't going to get any more. If he succeeded, we would get a decent sell on amount. If it didn't work out for him, then we still have the money in the bank. If we were offered £250k up front, they will still have to pay the rest.

2 minutes ago, al_bro said:

As has been said. If we did turn down £500k for Vaughn AL must be stupid. Even if he becomes a target when he improves next season, he isn't going to get any more. If he succeeded, we would get a decent sell on amount. If it didn't work out for him, then we still have the money in the bank. If we were offered £250k up front, they will still have to pay the rest.

Might have been appearance based Al so not guaranteed but it still seems a poor decision..... so no surprise there then.  

Archived