Club statement from Abdallah its everyone elses fault but his.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Sinclair, the former Latics junior player?

Might be wrong, but  if its him I thought he was also a former youth team coach here under AL?

Trevor sinclair was a junior at Boundary Park Boys and was co-hosting. Frank Sinclair was a former youth coach for us. Don't think they are related.

Another 10 mins in the public eye.

Abdalla did sound rattled and angry at fans.

He did say he would consider selling.

Now I'm not moaning here because I admire Matt going on live radio to be scrutinised by those three, and as a fan I thank and respect him.

But I feel those who listened to the last three talksport interviews maybe don't truly understand the argument from fans against the ownership, I get the feeling most out there think we're just pissed because of our position and are just blaming ownership.

I feel more emphasis needs to be put on Mo being sporting director and running the club whilst AL lords it up in Dubai.

He is not qualified uphold this role, he is not qualified to be advising Curle, Bunn, Kewell and the likes of Scholes.

This interference into the playing side of the club should be something we really need to drive, especially on national radio. 

I even feel Jordan prompted Matt about Mo but Matt didnt elaborate.

These points are an important part of why we are 91st in the EFL.

These issues would give outsiders a bigger understanding of fan anger at present.

Everything else is for business men and solicitors to deal with, they are important but firstly to try to get the wider public on our side we need concrete and unreasonably reasons for our actions at fan level.

This might sound like I'm not happy with Matt, but thats not true as I said. I just think we need to win everyone else over here by being a bit more clear and concise in our reasons for protesting and wanting new ownership.

7 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Another 10 mins in the public eye.

Abdalla did sound rattled and angry at fans.

He did say he would consider selling.

Now I'm not moaning here because I admire Matt going on live radio to be scrutinised by those three, and as a fan I thank and respect him.

But I feel those who listened to the last three talksport interviews maybe don't truly understand the argument from fans against the ownership, I get the feeling most out there think we're just pissed because of our position and are just blaming ownership.

I feel more emphasis needs to be put on Mo being sporting director and running the club whilst AL lords it up in Dubai.

He is not qualified uphold this role, he is not qualified to be advising Curle, Bunn, Kewell and the likes of Scholes.

This interference into the playing side of the club should be something we really need to drive, especially on national radio. 

I even feel Jordan prompted Matt about Mo but Matt didnt elaborate.

These points are an important part of why we are 91st in the EFL.

These issues would give outsiders a bigger understanding of fan anger at present.

Everything else is for business men and solicitors to deal with, they are important but firstly to try to get the wider public on our side we need concrete and unreasonably reasons for our actions at fan level.

This might sound like I'm not happy with Matt, but thats not true as I said. I just think we need to win everyone else over here by being a bit more clear and concise in our reasons for protesting and wanting new ownership.

It's great that we are finally getting some national coverage, even if it's megamouth Jim White.

I haven't heard this morning's contribution from AL and Matt's reply, so I can't comment on your take on it. I agree though that we should be hammering home the following points:

• The dysfunctional nature of the Brassbank/Blitz/AL/OAFC relationships.
  • Long-term decline of the club, which of course started under Blitz & co.
  • Gradual decline in attendances, it's not just about current results.
  • Unbelievable number of managers, a number of whom are respected figures, under the current regime.
  • Having said it's not just about current results, we have a PL founder member practically propping up the entire professional pyramid, and a fan base more alienated than ever.
  • Utterly abysmal governance of the club at every level, whilst the EFL does sweet FA.

41 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

He can still get to fuck for me.

38 minutes ago, super_blue said:

On the interview his stand on selling wasn’t as strong as the letter. He said ‘every buisness is for sale’ but then proceeded to say who would want it and I’m sure he’ll have an inflated price to get back his losses. 

100% he was talking up the price and trying to flush out prospective buyers

Nothing else makes any sense

8 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

It's great that we are finally getting some national coverage, even if it's megamouth Jim White.

I haven't heard this morning's contribution from AL and Matt's reply, so I can't comment on your take on it. I agree though that we should be hammering home the following points:

• The dysfunctional nature of the Brassbank/Blitz/AL/OAFC relationships.
  • Long-term decline of the club, which of course started under Blitz & co.
  • Gradual decline in attendances, it's not just about current results.
  • Unbelievable number of managers, a number of whom are respected figures, under the current regime.
  • Having said it's not just about current results, we have a PL founder member practically propping up the entire professional pyramid, and a fan base more alienated than ever.
  • Utterly abysmal governance of the club at every level, whilst the EFL does sweet FA.

There is a plethora of questions to ask and to be answered in depth but going on Talksport or any other platform there will be limits.

Everything that is wrong with the club is not all ALs fault.

But, 

Our current position, treatment of some players and managers, lack of playing budget / investment,  admin within the club and the position held by Mo are what need to be discussed to win people over.

All these issues have been during

ALs ownership and these are the reasons fans are protesting against him.

Talksport are insinuating that they dont really understand why we want AL out because in there minds hes made mistakes and admitted them.

We need to push more.

1 hour ago, maximus1267 said:

There is a plethora of questions to ask and to be answered in depth but going on Talksport or any other platform there will be limits.

Everything that is wrong with the club is not all ALs fault.

But, 

Our current position, treatment of some players and managers, lack of playing budget / investment,  admin within the club and the position held by Mo are what need to be discussed to win people over.

All these issues have been during

ALs ownership and these are the reasons fans are protesting against him.

Talksport are insinuating that they dont really understand why we want AL out because in there minds hes made mistakes and admitted them.

We need to push more.

Yes, I mean fair play to Matt for going on again. I’ve been on national radio once before and to say it’s nerve wracking is an understatement - particularly, I would guess, with the likes of White and Jordan who basically want to shout you down to push their own headline.

But we need a simple message as to what our issues are. As I say in the other thread - MIFFED would be my suggested acronym for the campaign:

Mo (General)

Influence (from above on team affairs)

Fan (and staff) treatment

Finances

End Game (what’s their plan?)

Don’t own the ground

Simple, hits the key points and any further discussion around those things will be sticking to our agenda.

8 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Yes, I mean fair play to Matt for going on again. I’ve been on national radio once before and to say it’s nerve wracking is an understatement - particularly, I would guess, with the likes of White and Jordan who basically want to shout you down to push their own headline.

But we need a simple message as to what our issues are. As I say in the other thread - MIFFED would be my suggested acronym for the campaign:

Mo (General)

Finances

Don’t own the ground

Simple, hits the key points and any further discussion around those things will be sticking to our agenda.

Great mnemonic that.

Maybe that should be used, have you put that to OASF or PTB ?

41 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Mo (General)

Finances

Don’t own the ground

Plenty of teams don't own their ground, it is probably a good thing in this instance. Do people outside the club really care about staff treatment? I think we might get more traction if we were more honest and just said it IS about results...

Archived