Blitz is the real enemy

I’m putting it out there....Blitz is the real architect of our destruction and I can’t believe he (and Corney) are getting away virtually unmentioned in this whole debacle

Blitz has us by the proverbials and is happy to continue to generate income from the clubs former assets having sold the badge to an apparently incompetent and unqualified owner and then watched the club that we love fall into terminal decline.

At every point in this death spiral he could have come forward with a proposition to help in some way but he has reverted to type....he is an asset stripper and his actions surely prove this beyond doubt.

The Trust failed miserably to affect matters off the pitch over the years and they (all of us sadly) have allowed him to steal our stadium and other core assets; carefully parcelled up into revenue generating units and development land enabling him to place a considerably higher value on them......asset stripping at its most pure

I believe he needs to be challenged by the OASF and I’d love to see an investigation into who really owns what and where the assets and revenue has gone over the years. 

We may not like it but we have more in common with Abdallah than we think

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Not sure about Blitz being the real enemy, as AL is a more imminent danger to our club's future.

He's next in line though...

Still many dots to join for me yet. 

I have little sympathy for either Blitz or AL.

AL purchased a shitshow and I am not entirely convinced that Blitz was altogether transparent with his disclosures.

As such, AL is now backtracking and lashing out looking for someone to blame.

However, no one forced him to make a purchase. He alone purchased whatever he purchased.

That is solely on him. 

Fess up AL. Own the decision to purchase and figure out how to get us out of this.

A good start would be to listen to your paying customers and stop hiding behind your guilt.

@Ritchierich You keep saying this you are wrong.

It all became Abdallahs responsibility the minute he became owner. To be quite Frank it has all become a convenient excuse for Abdallah since he has failed miserably at everything he has done in the last 4 years.

The fact is Blitz makes very little money out of this if any.

All efforts need to be directed to getting new owners. THEN we can start to look at getting the ground back in our hands.

8 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

I believe he needs to be challenged by the OASF and I’d love to see an investigation into who really owns what and where the assets and revenue has gone over the years. 

It would be interesting but I don’t see what it would achieve in the short term towards saving the club. And assuming supporters’ groups don’t have the access or skills that means paying for a third party and somehow arranging access. That would be more of a distraction than a help right now.

Plus, whatever Blitz may have done doesn’t excuse years of poor supporter relations, poor player recruitment, poor staffing decisions, and either poor management choices or interference with managers (depending on who you believe). Those are all on Lemsagam and are sufficient grounds for unhappiness. 

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

All efforts need to be directed to getting new owners. THEN we can start to look at getting the ground back in our hands

A new owner to buy just the badge and the name, then think about buying the ground? They’ll be queueing down Sheepfoot Lane. 

The issue with the ground needs resolving before we have any chance of getting a new owner. You wouldn't be able to buy a house if there was a dispute as to who owned it. Any buyer just buying the club would be repeating the same mistake that AL has made.It appears that Al and Barry Owen have been in touch with the council.As fans we need to turn the public spotlight onto Oldham Council to demand an answer. If not, they too will provaricate and we will continue to have a club that is unsaleable. Most fans pay their council tax to Oldham Council and we deserve an answer and fast. Without control of the land it is also an equally difficult situation for any fan lead buyout to take control of.

11 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

The issue with the ground needs resolving before we have any chance of getting a new owner. You wouldn't be able to buy a house if there was a dispute as to who owned it. Any buyer just buying the club would be repeating the same mistake that AL has made.It appears that Al and Barry Owen have been in touch with the council.As fans we need to turn the public spotlight onto Oldham Council to demand an answer. If not, they too will provaricate and we will continue to have a club that is unsaleable. Most fans pay their council tax to Oldham Council and we deserve an answer and fast. Without control of the land it is also an equally difficult situation for any fan lead buyout to take control of.

Someone as sharp as Blitz isn't likely to have slipped up on such a matter.

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

It all became Abdallahs responsibility the minute he became owner. To be quite Frank it has all become a convenient excuse for Abdallah since he has failed miserably at everything he has done in the last 4 years.

All efforts need to be directed to getting new owners. THEN we can start to look at getting the ground back in our hands.

I think you are right in one sense. But the wider point is that the former owners have been a significant player in our downfall and the one that is still involved needs to be held to account - he is still influential and his continued ownership of the ground is part of the horror story. This is preventing OAFC being run on a sustainable basis. 

granted he shouldn’t have to release his ownership for anything other than a fair price but it’s a key piece of jigsaw and some of the spotlight needs to be shon on him and his status in all this. 

OAFC does not have a future any better than our present until the stadium issue is resolved. That may not mean single ownership of both but, at worst, there needs to be an amicable business relationship between the club and brass bank where the former is able to make full and proper use of the latter’s asset for its own financial gain

9 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

I’m putting it out there....Blitz is the real architect of our destruction and I can’t believe he (and Corney) are getting away virtually unmentioned in this whole debacle

Blitz has us by the proverbials and is happy to continue to generate income from the clubs former assets having sold the badge to an apparently incompetent and unqualified owner and then watched the club that we love fall into terminal decline.

At every point in this death spiral he could have come forward with a proposition to help in some way but he has reverted to type....he is an asset stripper and his actions surely prove this beyond doubt.

The Trust failed miserably to affect matters off the pitch over the years and they (all of us sadly) have allowed him to steal our stadium and other core assets; carefully parcelled up into revenue generating units and development land enabling him to place a considerably higher value on them......asset stripping at its most pure

We may not like it but we have more in common with Abdallah than we think

I totally agree with this and think Blitz and Corney seem to get a free pass with a lot of fans because them two along with Danny Gazal saved us in the darkest hour of the Chris Moore saga. What baffles me is no one wants to talk about the scoreboard money the fans generated only for that to turn into LED boards that we rent from a company Corney part owns, the transfer money generated from the sale of James Tarkowski to put into getting the new stand up and running(which is owned by Blitz and in no part owned by us). My point is our current owner could well be as bad as everyone says, but I cannot for the life of me understand why these other issues aren't spoken about by PTB and OASF when both parties are meant to be representatives of us fans

5 minutes ago, 1980haighy said:

I totally agree with this and think Blitz and Corney seem to get a free pass with a lot of fans because them two along with Danny Gazal saved us in the darkest hour of the Chris Moore saga. What baffles me is no one wants to talk about the scoreboard money the fans generated only for that to turn into LED boards that we rent from a company Corney part owns, the transfer money generated from the sale of James Tarkowski to put into getting the new stand up and running(which is owned by Blitz and in no part owned by us). My point is our current owner could well be as bad as everyone says, but I cannot for the life of me understand why these other issues aren't spoken about by PTB and OASF when both parties are meant to be representatives of us fans

Or the 3.5 million Oldham Council gave Brassbank prior to The North Stand being built....

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I’m not convinced Blitz makes very little money out of this, if any. He paid less than market value for a few acres of land. He’s sold some of that land already and is still reportedly asking market value (or above) for the rest. 

Blitz owns the land the club is on. If the football club goes bust, he has more land to sell for housing or whatever. OK he won’t make as much money on that land as demolition costs will need to be factored in, but an extra 3 acres of land is still worth a fair bit.

When you factor in how much he invested into the club, which isn’t as much as he likes to claim unless he was bankrolling Corney for years after he said he’d stopped. Blitz still stands to make money out of the land the club is on.

16 minutes ago, mick26 said:

What that Brassbank bought the Lancaster Club and then the council had to buy it back due to the failed planning application?

I don't think it's quite as simple as that. The money was paid back by the council to the original purchasers(Oldham Athletic) when in reality brassbank owned it, so why wasn't the money given to them directly??. Did it also mean the club payed out on the money spent on planning for the new stadium and also did we have to shell out on the land owner taxes during the period of time we owned the land as legally we should have to if it's legally owned by oldham athletic. To me it's not as cut and dry as the explanation Blitz provided

The trust and PTB need to include this in their plans. If AL does sell no one is going to buy the club in the current split up state unless there is an agreement to purchase.

If both AL and blitz are selling for their own prices it will be too expensive for anyone. Blitz is massively to blame for the situation and is going relatively scott free in all this. 

Oldham council need to be pressured for answers to the situation from their perspective.

10 minutes ago, 1980haighy said:

I don't think it's quite as simple as that. The money was paid back by the council to the original purchasers(Oldham Athletic) when in reality brassbank owned it, so why wasn't the money given to them directly??. Did it also mean the club payed out on the money spent on planning for the new stadium and also did we have to shell out on the land owner taxes during the period of time we owned the land as legally we should have to if it's legally owned by oldham athletic. To me it's not as cut and dry as the explanation Blitz provided

1.2 million was given to the club with a 700K grant. So basically they got 1.9 million

9 minutes ago, Matt60 said:

The trust and PTB need to include this in their plans. If AL does sell no one is going to buy the club in the current split up state unless there is an agreement to purchase.

If both AL and blitz are selling for their own prices it will be too expensive for anyone. Blitz is massively to blame for the situation and is going relatively scott free in all this. 

Oldham council need to be pressured for answers to the situation from their perspective.

I agree, Oldham Council need to give us answers about this whole sorry situation.

Yep, that's where initial pressure needs applying. The council need to get this point clarified immediately, if all is above board at least we all know and can move on, if there's something odd happened then it should be investigated professionally and challenged. Maybe that's where the protests should be and not at the ground (at least until it has been clarified). The council should be all over this, it was rate payers money for God's sake. 

Archived