Blitz is the real enemy

I completely agree Blitz is getting a free ride. I'm not interested in how much money he may or may not be making out of the situation. Oldham Council is democratically accountable (or should be!) and must be involved in getting to the bottom of who owns what and who sold what to whom. I know we all have our doubts about Mr Owen, but he has raised questions over the sale of the North Stand which must be investigated.

Meanwhile it would be good to see some of the same public pressure/demos being aimed at ALMO being turned on Blitz, but I freely admit that I wouldn't know where to start. How do we turn up the heat on him?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I completely agree Blitz is getting a free ride. I'm not interested in how much money he may or may not be making out of the situation. Oldham Council is democratically accountable (or should be!) and must be involved in getting to the bottom of who owns what and who sold what to whom. I know we all have our doubts about Mr Owen, but he has raised questions over the sale of the North Stand which must be investigated.

Meanwhile it would be good to see some of the same public pressure/demos being aimed at ALMO being turned on Blitz, but I freely admit that I wouldn't know where to start. How do we turn up the heat on him?

The only way to get to Blitz is via the Council and their clarification, whilst they maintain silence on the whole debacle Blitz is untouchable. 

7 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Hasn't Blitz/Brassbank previously agreed deals with the FLG and AL for the ground?

They've agreed deals to sell so what else should they do?

2 minutes ago, 1980haighy said:

As far as I know latics didn't get anything, hence why i asked for more info

@singe
put links on here somewhere to the council documents that were in the public domain.

The £700k was to be used by the club for community work and the £1.2M was compo (I think) for losses incurred re the Lancaster club fiasco. That went to the club although Blitz said it should really have gone to Brassbank.

That left £3.5M to be financed to build the North Stand which Brassbank took on, wrote off loans and reduced the rent in order to take ownership.

Something like that anyway! Just wish someone would buy everything and put an end to all this once and for all!!!

11 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

I’m putting it out there....Blitz is the real architect of our destruction and I can’t believe he (and Corney) are getting away virtually unmentioned in this whole debacle

Blitz has us by the proverbials and is happy to continue to generate income from the clubs former assets having sold the badge to an apparently incompetent and unqualified owner and then watched the club that we love fall into terminal decline.

At every point in this death spiral he could have come forward with a proposition to help in some way but he has reverted to type....he is an asset stripper and his actions surely prove this beyond doubt.

The Trust failed miserably to affect matters off the pitch over the years and they (all of us sadly) have allowed him to steal our stadium and other core assets; carefully parcelled up into revenue generating units and development land enabling him to place a considerably higher value on them......asset stripping at its most pure

I believe he needs to be challenged by the OASF and I’d love to see an investigation into who really owns what and where the assets and revenue has gone over the years. 

We may not like it but we have more in common with Abdallah than we think

….been saying it for years.  Gets a free pass by the interest groups for some reason. Never properly challenged. Almost got a heroes welcome on the Simon Brooke (conflicted) podcast thing… forget it’s name. 

7 minutes ago, mick26 said:

@singe
put links on here somewhere to the council documents that were in the public domain.

The £700k was to be used by the club for community work and the £1.2M was compo (I think) for losses incurred re the Lancaster club fiasco. That went to the club although Blitz said it should really have gone to Brassbank.

That left £3.5M to be financed to build the North Stand which Brassbank took on, wrote off loans and reduced the rent in order to take ownership.

Something like that anyway! Just wish someone would buy everything and put an end to all this once and for all!!!

I still don't get how James Tarkowski's transfer money got tied up in this. It really is a sad state of affairs, I remember arguing with Boundaryblue80 at the time because I was adamant that we owned the stand because of monies we were putting in and I was clearly wrong

6 minutes ago, 1980haighy said:

Cheers mate, but I'm not in for believing a newspaper report with statements form Simon Corney and Jim Mcmahon. That's in no way a dig at you so don't take it the wrong way

I weren't going off that report either, it's what I've been told from somebody who was involved that worked for the council. 

8 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

How much would it take to buy BP, the whole ground & training facilities, so everything apart from what AL owns ?

He wants £6m doesn’t he (😂), but that’s not all the land… he’s keeping some of that. 

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

He wants £6m doesn’t he (😂), but that’s not all the land… he’s keeping some of that. 

So in reality in excess of £6m.

Should this aquistion be the most saught after before buying from AL.

This area seems to be where all the cards are held, so are OASF & PTB looking at ways to fund this by raising funds aswell as outside sources, could the OASF & PTB become part of a consortium with the aim of joint ownership, once this is done, AL either sells also or takes the team elswhere.

If that happened the ground is secure, a new name and team built.

Surely this has to be one of the objectives.

1 hour ago, Stainrod said:

Yep, that's where initial pressure needs applying. The council need to get this point clarified immediately, if all is above board at least we all know and can move on, if there's something odd happened then it should be investigated professionally and challenged. Maybe that's where the protests should be and not at the ground (at least until it has been clarified). The council should be all over this, it was rate payers money for God's sake. 

There's no way the council will offer an explanation without considerable pressure as it will show up their incompetence or naivety which I guess is in a par with Abdallah's. 

In the Council Meetings minutes there is a clause included in the grant/purchase of Lancaster club that says the club cannot transfer the asset without seeking the councils permission for a period of something like 15 years. It is clear that the Councils intentions were for the club to benefit from the North Stand. It was transferred, did the council give permission? If not, why has it happened and what are the council doing about it? We need answers from the Council and Brassbank. As somebody else has stated, we will not find a buyer for the club in it's current state.

13 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

I’m putting it out there....Blitz is the real architect of our destruction and I can’t believe he (and Corney) are getting away virtually unmentioned in this whole debacle

Blitz has us by the proverbials and is happy to continue to generate income from the clubs former assets having sold the badge to an apparently incompetent and unqualified owner and then watched the club that we love fall into terminal decline.

At every point in this death spiral he could have come forward with a proposition to help in some way but he has reverted to type....he is an asset stripper and his actions surely prove this beyond doubt.

The Trust failed miserably to affect matters off the pitch over the years and they (all of us sadly) have allowed him to steal our stadium and other core assets; carefully parcelled up into revenue generating units and development land enabling him to place a considerably higher value on them......asset stripping at its most pure

I believe he needs to be challenged by the OASF and I’d love to see an investigation into who really owns what and where the assets and revenue has gone over the years. 

Youre hardly 'putting it out there' but l'm not complaining that another person has managed to correctly process the facts. Welcome aboard.

Slowly slowly and all that.

3 hours ago, oafc 123 said:

I don't know the finer details but I do know Brassbank received 3.5 million, and Latics received 1.2 million with a 700K grant.

This might help - in February 2020, the BBC summarised the position like this:

In 2010, Blitz bought a site in Failsworth, known as the Lancaster Club, through another company on the basis that Oldham Council would provide land adjacent required to complete construction.

When that land could not be provided, the council agreed to buy the site from Blitz, eventually paying £3.1m for it.

The council asked that the deal be structured as a back-to-back transaction involving the club. Blitz would sell the land to the club, who would then immediately sell it on to the council, with the money paid to Blitz's company to recoup its investment. That deal took place and was registered at the Land Registry.

At the same time, the council separately agreed to pay a further £1.08m directly to the club and, in addition, granted a further £700,000 to Oldham to fund a new stand at Boundary Park.

The grant was provided in return for a community scheme, accommodation for the Community Trust, as well as other community programmes run by the club.

Building work on the stand began in 2011 and Blitz put in around £4m to fund it before giving an extra £350,000 in 2015 to help the club with its debt relief.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51501692

3 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

How much would it take to buy BP, the whole ground & training facilities, so everything apart from what AL owns ?

3 hours ago, kowenicki said:

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

About £8M.

Even tho he has sold half of it.

@maximus1267When the FLG were 'interested' in buying it a figure of £7m for the remaining 14 acres was quoted.

3 hours ago, Dickie Down said:

Please forgive my ignorance, but who owns the land on the north side of Sheepfoot Lane/Furtherwood Road which is rammed with hospital car parking day in day out?

This would seem to derive a substantial and consistent income for someone.

@Dickie DownThe car parks between the RRE and the Dialysis Unit will be owned by Brass Bank (Blitz & Gazal). When I went to pick up my season ticket there was literally only one place left in the car park!

16 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

In essence, 

Public Enemy Nimbler 1 Sir.

Acronyms on a postcard to...

Archived