MATCH: vs Rochdale (A) 25/09/21

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Millibob said:

So between us we have 4 Season tickets - yes I know whatever!

I thought Sunday morning just recovered from a long day at Orient I will book 4 Tickets for Rochdale with future ticketing. I do have a sadistic streak!! I have all 4 season Tickets in front of me, 4 seats together happy days no trip to the ticket office.

No - it will only let me book one at once, so I could be on row Z seat one and my daughter on row A seat 99!! (She is 32 but likes to look after me!!).

Yet another home goal for the club. !!

:laught16:

I dont think anyone will sit where they're ticket says. Cant remember an away day with a sell out or near sell out where I actually sat where I was supposed to sit 

18 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

I dont think anyone will sit where they're ticket says. Cant remember an away day with a sell out or near sell out where I actually sat where I was supposed to sit 

I managed that when we played Doncaster away in the FA Cup in Jan 2019, though it probably wasn't a sell out to be fair.

23 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

Reg Jenkins Testimonial Match at the end of 1973/74 season

Latics won 3-1 as they had in both league games with the Dale that season

Dick Mulvaney with the Third Division Championship trophy

When Latics was humble and had a soul - long before the Pinch me Season & all that jazz 

Third Division Champions 7374.jpg

Keith Hicks, what we would give for somebody like him now.

My best mate at school was a Rochdale fan (easily his biggest fault) and he hero worshipped Reg Jenkins, I'd forgotten about him.

The point being you shouldn’t have to get there early to sit together unless it’s specified that it’s unreserved seating. Some people would like things to be organised and settled in advance so there’s no anxiety on the day about where they might be sitting. 

It’s another ill thought out situation by the club and just saying “people will just sit anywhere” doesn’t help those who might like to plan nor does it excuse the club for more poor planning. 

6 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

The point being you shouldn’t have to get there early to sit together unless it’s specified that it’s unreserved seating. Some people would like things to be organised and settled in advance so there’s no anxiety on the day about where they might be sitting. 

It’s another ill thought out situation by the club and just saying “people will just sit anywhere” doesn’t help those who might like to plan nor does it excuse the club for more poor planning. 

It wouldn’t matter how organised it was. Every time I’ve been to Dale it’s been a free for all. Policing and stewarding just let it happen. 

6 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

No I agree to be honest with you and people need to show more consideration. I'm not sure I enjoy some of these local away games their appears to be a dickhead contingent who follow us and ensure that we end up having a massive police presence at our games.

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

Keith Hicks, what we would give for somebody like him now.

My best mate at school was a Rochdale fan (easily his biggest fault) and he hero worshipped Reg Jenkins, I'd forgotten about him.

Saw  keith on the replacement bus service from Queens Road to Manchester the other day, star spotting!!! 

Think he was, not me lol  

33 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

It wouldn’t matter how organised it was. Every time I’ve been to Dale it’s been a free for all. Policing and stewarding just let it happen. 

That’s really not the point. There’s not much the club could do about that for away games, but what they could do is allow season ticket holders to buy seats together.

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

The flip side to that though, is there are often fans who wish to stand and sing all game, and those who prefer not to. As they don't sell tickets as 'singing' and 'peaceful', sometimes there are benefits to choose your seats on arrival.

52 minutes ago, mastap said:

The flip side to that though, is there are often fans who wish to stand and sing all game, and those who prefer not to. As they don't sell tickets as 'singing' and 'peaceful', sometimes there are benefits to choose your seats on arrival.

Absolutely- I don’t mind the drum as long as I am no where near it 

45 minutes away at Chesterfield (the 1-0 Peter Clarke header) after being sat next to it I wanted to make the guy eat it

I moved seats for the second half 

On 9/11/2021 at 11:26 AM, unsworth blue said:

Reg Jenkins Testimonial Match at the end of 1973/74 season

Latics won 3-1 as they had in both league games with the Dale that season

Dick Mulvaney with the Third Division Championship trophy

When Latics was humble and had a soul - long before the Pinch me Season & all that jazz 

Third Division Champions 7374.jpg

I am just out of the picture, was just by the tunnel, a 11 year old me was so excited to see us with a trophy, on the way up !

1 hour ago, mastap said:

Totally. Not arguing about people choosing where to sit on the day, just pointing out a small example of really basic customer service the club could do but don’t. 

9 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Totally. Not arguing about people choosing where to sit on the day, just pointing out a small example of really basic customer service the club could do but don’t. 

You are talking about a ticket office with a woman who says to someone at the window 

“Can’t you do it online”?

Shes another who needs binning as soon as possible 

5 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

You are talking about a ticket office with a woman who says to someone at the window 

“Can’t you do it online”?

Shes another who needs binning as soon as possible 

It’s not exactly rocket science is it?! Fans are an inconvenience it seems. 

Got profuse apologies at the ticket office yesterday because one of their card machines wasn’t working. I was the only one in there! Told her not to worry as at least they’re selling tickets to fans so they’re already up on us. 

7 hours ago, Millibob said:

So between us we have 4 Season tickets - yes I know whatever!

I thought Sunday morning just recovered from a long day at Orient I will book 4 Tickets for Rochdale with future ticketing. I do have a sadistic streak!! I have all 4 season Tickets in front of me, 4 seats together happy days no trip to the ticket office.

No - it will only let me book one at once, so I could be on row Z seat one and my daughter on row A seat 99!! (She is 32 but likes to look after me!!).

Yet another home goal for the club. !!

:laught16:

This is probably to do with the new ticketing system. Billy said on the podcast that they were looking at it when he was at the club. It's an Irish system that isn't really geared up for EFL clubs although one or two have taken it up. He advised the club that the system was very limited and not to take it on, but they ignored him. Then someone thought that they had better check the contract they had with Ticketmaster. Surprise surprise, they were locked into the contract. Obviously that contract ran out and they have gone back to this inefficient system to save money and sod the implications.

5 minutes ago, al_bro said:

This is probably to do with the new ticketing system. Billy said on the podcast that they were looking at it when he was at the club. It's an Irish system that isn't really geared up for EFL clubs although one or two have taken it up. He advised the club that the system was very limited and not to take it on, but they ignored him. Then someone thought that they had better check the contract they had with Ticketmaster. Surprise surprise, they were locked into the contract. Obviously that contract ran out and they have gone back to this inefficient system to save money and sod the implications.

If they were selling tickets in person there wouldn’t be an issue. But they’re not. 

8 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Yeah I'm always on the minutes lol so always someone sat in my seat 

I usually find the people who want to sit/stand anywhere are the ones who will vacate the pub at 2:50. If I'm with the lads so to speak I will happily do that. If I'm with my Dad who is 67 and probably doesn't want to stand all game then I'd go early and at try and locate in a position where we can sit and watch the game.

People need to be aware particularly at these local aways where we take a big following of the people around them. I don't mind standing personally but their are other people who will want to go to these games who maybe older and may have kids so having blokes standing infront of them all game will probably kill their enjoyment.

12 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I usually find the people who want to sit/stand anywhere are the ones who will vacate the pub at 2:50. If I'm with the lads so to speak I will happily do that. If I'm with my Dad who is 67 and probably doesn't want to stand all game then I'd go early and at try and locate in a position where we can sit and watch the game.

People need to be aware particularly at these local aways where we take a big following of the people around them. I don't mind standing personally but their are other people who will want to go to these games who maybe older and may have kids so having blokes standing infront of them all game will probably kill their enjoyment.

Yeah I've always thought that anyone who wants to stand should find seats at the back. But it was a particular problem at Bradford where I nearly got in to my seats, jus a few seats across the same row, but then people decided to stand on the stairs all the way down the side because they wanted to be in a group of 20 rather than sit as a few groups of 5. And with them plus the steward's I couldn't see what was happening on half the pitch at the other end. Think we should all be mindful of who is behind us and as I've done a few times, if there's kiddies or our elders behind then offer to swap with them

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Never been to an away game where you get to pick your seat number when buying, don't understand why people insist on trying to sit in the exact seat on their ticket.

You don’t pick - they get allocated in order of people buying. 

the reasons someone may insist on the exact seat are above stop trying to wind people up 

5 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

You don’t pick - they get allocated in order of people buying. 

the reasons someone may insist on the exact seat are above stop trying to wind people up 

Nobody should be insisting on anything, it isn't your seat, you didn't choose it, just sit down in a free space.

Archived