Our injury list

11 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Any of the ITK lot have any info on this or is it just rumours?

Goes into the category of reasonable assumption until demonstrated otherwise.  Likewise the conclusion that we've bought a bunch of crocks that nobody else wanted and they were so desperate for a contract that they accepted the meagre crumbs that we are able to offer.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, C.O.JONES said:

Anybody asked yet why we need two physios? Bob Jay worked on his own for donkeys years, as did Ian Liversidge, who also had time to run private clinics at B.P. both of whom had multiple players on the bench at the same time. Perhaps its the players who are big softies, two weeks out with a septic sock.

According to Keegan’s book, Soss (IL) was assisted by Ronnie Evans, who had the  basic skills required when needed - one of the reasons he was hired by Joe.

On 9/8/2021 at 3:36 PM, Sloshed Joe said:

Clarke’s injury is a weird one. Played the full match v Sutton so nothing obvious there. Hasn’t been involved since. KC looked v frustrated when listing the ‘unavailable’ players and when asked specifically about Clarke, gave no further details. 

The next David Wheater?

Why are we not kept informed about injured players, timescales for a return to fitness/action? This lack of fundamental communication has been an issue for years, but why should it be with so many media channels open to the club. The Chron would always give injury updates provided by the club.

8 hours ago, Funes said:

Why are we not kept informed about injured players, timescales for a return to fitness/action? This lack of fundamental communication has been an issue for years, but why should it be with so many media channels open to the club. The Chron would always give injury updates provided by the club.

All part of the the clubs secrecy policy, but it only creates rumours there are underlying problems with the way the club is run.

The Wheater syndrome 

Just now, BP1960 said:

As we are short in numbers why hasn't Sutton been recalled from Witton

And where is Jack Williams who was taken on as a full time professional?

Williams wasn’t taken on as a pro. He was given an extended third year scholarship. I assume to see if he can resume a chance at a career after so long out injured. 

I thought the consensus here on Sutton’s appearances was that he wasn’t yet up to scratch?

If neither are ready then we’d just be throwing them to the wolves. 

4 hours ago, Crusoe said:

Williams wasn’t taken on as a pro. He was given an extended third year scholarship. I assume to see if he can resume a chance at a career after so long out injured. 

I thought the consensus here on Sutton’s appearances was that he wasn’t yet up to scratch?

If neither are ready then we’d just be throwing them to the wolves. 

Just like Vaughan, Luamba, Da Silva and Cueto you mean. Whats so different about Sutton?

So because Vaughan is playing well at a young age, Sutton must be too?

You know as well as anyone that not every young player is ready for a regular first team place.

I used to really enjoy your posts, BP. Lots of insight into scouting. But lately you just seem to enjoy nitpicking and asking questions that anyone with your experience must already know the answer too. I believe it’s called sealioning.

2 hours ago, Crusoe said:

So because Vaughan is playing well at a young age, Sutton must be too?

You know as well as anyone that not every young player is ready for a regular first team place.

I used to really enjoy your posts, BP. Lots of insight into scouting. But lately you just seem to enjoy nitpicking and asking questions that anyone with your experience must already know the answer too. I believe it’s called sealioning.

I said we are short of players so its logical to recall Sutton, of course Curle can keep blundering on with Clarke and  Jamieson, but just maybe Sutton could do a better job in a flat back 4 alongside Piergianni?

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I said we are short of players so its logical to recall Sutton, of course Curle can keep blundering on with Clarke and  Jamieson, but just maybe Sutton could do a better job in a flat back 4 alongside Piergianni?

Even if he wants to he can only recall Sutton if there is a clause to allow it 

There may or may not be I’ve no idea but it’s as irrelevant as who the manager is right now - the club is toxic and needs a good irrigation 

16 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Even if he wants to he can only recall Sutton if there is a clause to allow it 

There may or may not be I’ve no idea but it’s as irrelevant as who the manager is right now - the club is toxic and needs a good irrigation 

Jus found out he's on a months loan so could be back tomorrow, unless its extended.

The injured player named on the bench on Saturday must've been Whelan as it sounds as though Dearnley was unfit rather than injured.

Aside from using youth players (which wouldn't be an awful option at all to be honest based on Vaughan and Luamba) Curle only 10 fit outfield players to pick from.  He still could've set them up better defensively but his options are so limited.

31 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

The injured player named on the bench on Saturday must've been Whelan as it sounds as though Dearnley was unfit rather than injured.

Aside from using youth players (which wouldn't be an awful option at all to be honest based on Vaughan and Luamba) Curle only 10 fit outfield players to pick from.  He still could've set them up better defensively but his options are so limited.

Whelan came off injured at half time against barrow so may well have been him 

5 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

Whelan came off injured at half time against barrow so may well have been him 

He said one of the youth players on the bench was injured, which was probably Luamba, as Da Silva came on.

Been at a conference today with work and one of the speakers was ex Leeds Rhinos coach Brian McDermott.

He spoke of fighting relegation the season after winning a treble and how part of that was they had virtually no pre season after the training ground was flooded.

He said only a few games in players were getting injured with muscle injuries which he said is down to either no or poor conditioning or “going to fast to hard”

considering Curles “harder tougher pre season they’ve ever had” maybe that’s the cause especially as we signed players with history of being crocked or looking at the first bit our conditioning coach is a bit crap?

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Why is there no update how far these are from playing again?

The club hasn’t communicated openly in years, as we all know. I’m still waiting for their tribute to Clarke when he left, and the announcement of McAleny leaving.

Archived