Our injury list

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

His final ball was nearly always a shot wide or a shot over the top. Cut in off the flank and shoot/miss.

Makes you think tell him to aim for anywhere but the goal and it might result in finding the net or a great pass.🙂

17 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

If I had the inclination I'd look at the injury records of them all.  I suspect it's grim which is why they are here.

This doesn’t necessarily reflect their injury record and it may be down to other factors but it gives an idea of the level of experience and game time of the following Curle signings….

McGahey

187 in 7 years  27 games per year

Clarke

291 in 13 years  23 games per year

Hart

76 in 5 years  15 games per year

Hope

252 in 8 years  31 games per year

Hopcutt

192 in 9 years  21 games per year

On 9/22/2021 at 2:37 PM, Lee Sinnott2 said:

This is happening far too often to just be bad luck. Poor training methods or rehab surely. @rudemediccan you shed any light on this...?

As you’ve tagged me in the least I can do is reply.

Difficult to say, especially as I didn’t see Hart’s initial injury, and I’m not really sure what his original injury is/was. Nor what his new injury is.

That being said it is not unusual even with the best rehab facilities and staff in the world to get a new injury shortly after being close to recovery from a previous injury. Even if it isn’t the original injury being aggravated. Most muscle groups, (calf, hamstrings, quads etc.) are muscle groups / pairs that work in synergy to provide the function you want. You can still do the essential activities of daily living with ruptured quads for example (see Vince McMahon / HHH), but you won’t be able to play sport. If Hart pulled a calf muscle against Sutton he could easily have injured:

a different calf muscle on the same leg, 

a different leg muscle (hamstring / quad) on the same leg

or the same calf muscle again.

The same for the other leg as if one leg is bad you might not walk properly, to protect your bad leg, so making both legs more prone to injury.

Thats not down to over-aggressive training, poor rehab, or anything other than being injured in the first place. (The most important risk factor is medical history taking is having the same condition previously). As with Dearnley, Hart’s natural physiology could be a problem, having not really seen him play I struggle to judge.

TL;DR: Not really more likely the initial injury was the main issue.

5 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Difficult to say, especially as I didn’t see Hart’s initial injury, and I’m not really sure what his original injury is/was. Nor what his new injury is.

That being said it is not unusual even with the best rehab facilities and staff in the world to get a new injury shortly after being close to recovery from a previous injury. Even if it isn’t the original injury being aggravated. Most muscle groups, (calf, hamstrings, quads etc.) are muscle groups / pairs that work in synergy to provide the function you want. You can still do the essential activities of daily living with ruptured quads for example (see Vince McMahon / HHH), but you won’t be able to play sport. If Hart pulled a calf muscle against Sutton he could easily have injured:

The same for the other leg as if one leg is bad you might not walk properly, to protect your bad leg, so making both legs more prone to injury.

Thats not down to over-aggressive training, poor rehab, or anything other than being injured in the first place. (The most important risk factor is medical history taking is having the same condition previously). As with Dearnley, Hart’s natural physiology could be a problem, having not really seen him play I struggle to judge.

l think he was refering to the large amount of injuries, rather than specifically the injury to Hart..

9 hours ago, rudemedic said:

My missus is a runner and has said that this often happens - the body will naturally change gait/posture to compensate for an injury. This can result in added pressure on the other muscles causing additional problems.

*this is why I frequently swap hands when drinking to ensure that both are used to the pressure of raising the glass without spilling a drop 😉

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

My missus is a runner and has said that this often happens - the body will naturally change gait/posture to compensate for an injury. This can result in added pressure on the other muscles causing additional problems.

*this is why I frequently swap hands when drinking to ensure that both are used to the pressure of raising the glass without spilling a drop 😉

Wise words there, something we all need to take on board. Obviously referring to the last sentence.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

I had tennis elbow a while back. Had to learn to 'drink' left handed... 

5 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I had tennis elbow a while back. Had to learn to 'drink' left handed... 

Yes, an amazingly niggling injury. I had it for a few weeks, and things as simple as picking up a pint glass, or even a mug of tea/coffee, or using a stapler were just a nightmare.

17 hours ago, rudemedic said:

I'm sure Curle said it was a hamstring again.

There were rumours at the end of last season that KC was not careful to follow the medical advice.  Players coming back from injury being played in a close sequence of games for more then the recommended time.  If that has continued through a heavy preseason and into the early weeks of double games, then some of the injuries may be due to the managers decisions.

3 hours ago, Pidge said:

There were rumours at the end of last season that KC was not careful to follow the medical advice.  Players coming back from injury being played in a close sequence of games for more then the recommended time.  If that has continued through a heavy preseason and into the early weeks of double games, then some of the injuries may be due to the managers decisions.

Except that he barely has any choice who to pick

Archived