Pre Match Protest vs Hartlepool

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, wiseowl said:

It`ll be my first time back at BP for quite a while. Yet to decide whether to pay to go inside but I doubt I will - can't abide to give one penny to the regime.

That's my situation too. Not been for a while. I'll be outside the ground, but wont be going in. Hopefully Mo is there and a big crowd is outside to "greet" him, after the game. 

Sorry fellas, can't make the protest but there in spirit. 

Just a thought, as protests will have eyes of football world on them, could the protest outside be finished say at 2.45 and then option to dash off to watch Chadderton in NWCFL? Just thought it shows protesters are passionate football fans and shows in a good light, heads off any criticism from the club's leadership and his apologists.

I think i would have done this if had been available for selection 

Good luck whatever   

I think that is a very good and measured statement from PTB. Two things stand out for me :

1) the bit about respecting fans of other clubs when you play away from home. It seems to me that Orient are being gracious and accommodating in the extreme - hopefully everybody will remember that and that they are guests at Brisbane Road. You have the moral high ground - make sure you keep it

2) stressing that everyone should be able to protest in different ways that suit them. I feel if you are too prescriptive in the beginning you can put some people off and attitudes do harden over time, if people are given the opportunity to mull things over for themselves and discuss it with others.

Good luck on Saturday. Orient fans have been through desperate times themselves, they will fully understand how you feel.

I would like to understand the overall strategy here?

If Abdallah pulls out as fans demand- Is he obliged to sell?

I assume he is not?

So, what happens next?

Presumably the club goes bankrupt and administration follows?

-selling off all assets to pay creditors?

Then we would have to join Bury and Macclesfield at the bottom of the pile seeking a rebirth.

Am I missing something here?

When I asked a protester a while back about a replacement owner I was told “There’s bound to be someone with a big ego who will step in”

Would not this mystery person or consortium not have to sort out a financial arrangement acceptable to AL?

19 hours ago, Tringer Latic said:

I would like to understand the overall strategy here?

If Abdallah pulls out as fans demand- Is he obliged to sell?

I assume he is not?

So, what happens next?

Presumably the club goes bankrupt and administration follows?

-selling off all assets to pay creditors?

Then we would have to join Bury and Macclesfield at the bottom of the pile seeking a rebirth.

Am I missing something here?

When I asked a protester a while back about a replacement owner I was told “There’s bound to be someone with a big ego who will step in”

Would not this mystery person or consortium not have to sort out a financial arrangement acceptable to AL?

If we go into administration then AL is no longer on the scene. It would be the administrators role to keep the club going and find a buyer. Whether it can be kept going is the key point. That is often done by selling assets of which the club had very, very, very few. 

25 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

If we go into administration then AL is no longer on the scene. It would be the administrators role to keep the club going and find a buyer. Whether it can be kept going is the key point. That is often done by selling assets of which the club had very, very, very few. 

Yes. Unless a buyer was waiting in the wings we wouldn't be in admin. long. Wigan were able to stay in admin. for quite a while because they had players to sell for large amounts of money.

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

AL assures us he won't put the club into administration, he's just stubborn enough to keep putting money in.

How long anyone can keep doing that when they felt they had to take out an EFL loan with its crippling restrictions is beyond me.

26 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

AL assures us he won't put the club into administration, he's just stubborn enough to keep putting money in.

How long anyone can keep doing that when they felt they had to take out an EFL loan with its crippling restrictions is beyond me.

He says that BP just like he says “football is nothing without the fan” and “Championship in 5 years” said 4 years ago 

the guy is a liar 

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

If we now have the lowest or one of the lowest budgets in the division then he's not putting much money if any into the club!

8 hours ago, al_bro said:

Yes. Unless a buyer was waiting in the wings we wouldn't be in admin. long. Wigan were able to stay in admin. for quite a while because they had players to sell for large amounts of money.

Plus their fans, helped by a few ex-players and the like raised £500k of running costs for the season. I think at least one of those players has now returned to the club. 

They also owned their training ground previously owned by Notlob. 

A lot of their player sales were for less than market value and they had finished mid-table in the Championship, so actually had players worth something. 

I don't think their new owner knew much about Wigan before he bought them. 

On 9/10/2021 at 11:43 AM, Dave_Og said:

That's has been my point all the long. That's is why I don't fear administration. The sooner it happens the better. Yes we will have a points deduction but we will still have games left to catch up. As mentioned earlier the administrator will take the club immediately out Al and Mo's hands. Probably run it better than them. Sell the club at a realistic price and to someone who's plan is in the interests of the club. Not the interests of the owner, as it would if Al was selling it.

Archived