Pre Match Protest vs Hartlepool

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, laticsmarra said:

Logically if there was no pay on the day then it would just be season ticket holders attending  and all of them didnt attend.I know at least 3 that werent there. I dont think even the club have said we have 3000 season ticket holders. As ever nothing adds up with this lot in charge of our club.

I thought tickets were available online.

I don't think clubs include ST holders when announcing the attendance. They are supposed to use the turnstile counters. Alan Hardy showed these to fans when we thought the numbers being announced were falsely low.

4 hours ago, Yard Dog said:

I don't think you could argue much with the estimate of around a 1,000 for the protest and just under 4,000 inside the ground given there were almost 1,000 Hartlepool fans.

Maybe the protest estimate was the top end of the range but there was a lot more than 500 I thought. Good few Hartlepool fans at the protest which I thought showed class. They were quite noisy at times during the game as well. Saw a video of them outside Upsteps in Oldham in good voice as well. 

Probably the best fans we've hosted for some time, takes a good effort to be heard in the Chaddy from the Rocky Road end but they made some noise, probably sounded even better stood in there, two bad teams though on the day.

4 hours ago, Yard Dog said:

I don't think you could argue much with the estimate of around a 1,000 for the protest and just under 4,000 inside the ground given there were almost 1,000 Hartlepool fans.

Maybe the protest estimate was the top end of the range but there was a lot more than 500 I thought. Good few Hartlepool fans at the protest which I thought showed class. They were quite noisy at times during the game as well. Saw a video of them outside Upsteps in Oldham in good voice as well. 

Probably the best fans we've hosted for some time, takes a good effort to be heard in the Chaddy from the Rocky Road end but they made some noise, probably sounded even better stood in there, two bad teams though on the day.

2 hours ago, oafc 123 said:

As a counter arguement to that, I bought 2 season ticket's last Tuesday and went yesterday 🙄

Why would you do that !

Team bottom of the football league and arguably the poorest playing squad for decades and as at 5pm yesterday not having scored a league goal in over 4 1/2 hours 

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

I thought tickets were available online.

I don't think clubs include ST holders when announcing the attendance. They are supposed to use the turnstile counters. Alan Hardy showed these to fans when we thought the numbers being announced were falsely low.

Apparently they do - the chron/Oldham times reporter told me 

7 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

I wasn’t there but looking at the JF & JR stands there didn’t look to be more than 1200 combined…was the main stand 3/4 full?

All three home ends looked noticeably emptier than they have for the other league games this season, but I'd be very surprised if there wasn't close to 1,000 in each end. There always looks to be less than you'd imagine....I'm always surprised when a club like Colchester seem to being 14 fans to BP yet it gets announced as spmething like 120.

Football fans of all clubs always seem to be obsessed with fiddling of attendance figures. I just don't think it happens these days.

7 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

I wasn’t there but looking at the JF & JR stands there didn’t look to be more than 1200 combined…was the main stand 3/4 full?

All three home ends looked noticeably emptier than they have for the other league games this season, but I'd be very surprised if there wasn't close to 1,000 in each end. There always looks to be less than you'd imagine....I'm always surprised when a club like Colchester seem to being 14 fans to BP yet it gets announced as spmething like 120.

Football fans of all clubs always seem to be obsessed with fiddling of attendance figures. I just don't think it happens these days.

1 hour ago, Yard Dog said:

Probably doubled up on their posted figures...

On 9/19/2021 at 2:17 PM, oafc1955 said:

They surely have to be including the ST holders who’ve paid but aren’t bothering to go!

On 9/19/2021 at 2:28 PM, Bobledgersheart said:

I thought all clubs do this ?

On 9/19/2021 at 2:57 PM, Chaddyexile84 said:

They do - not sure on the logic with turnstile counters but they do 

On 9/19/2021 at 5:41 PM, al_bro said:

Choosing to count ST holders who don’t attend is a club decision, some clubs do it and some don’t. We didn’t use to count them, but judging by the official attendance at previous games we appear to have started. Can’t think why.

GMP periodically announce the actual attendance at games, it might need a Freedom of Information request. The BBC sometimes investigate too.

The turnstile counters will need to be used for that.

Apparently the FSF were pressuring clubs to release actual attendance figures.

23 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Not all attendances are published in the Sunday papers nowadays, which is a bit strange.

I noticed in yesterdays paper that Burnley's attendance wasn't published.

If a club counts all ST holders as attending a game. How do they differentiate between them and fans who have tickets scanned and pay on the day? Or are they just making it up.

31 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I noticed in yesterdays paper that Burnley's attendance wasn't published.

If a club counts all ST holders as attending a game. How do they differentiate between them and fans who have tickets scanned and pay on the day? Or are they just making it up.

The system can produce reports filtering the various ticket types and whether a season ticket or not. It can also filter whether scanned or not so there really is no reason why clubs would include season ticket holders who didn’t go 

Archived