Pre Match Protest vs Hartlepool

The Swindon piece sounds great until the last paragraph where he talks about the money he will make when they get to the Championship and how he can buy a kid for £50k and sell him on for a million or two, or five!

Contrast that rosy outlook and then read about Derby increasing their wage bill from £16m to £47m from 2014 to 2018....the Championship is probably the most dangerous sports league in the world if you are not careful 

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

The Swindon piece sounds great until the last paragraph where he talks about the money he will make when they get to the Championship and how he can buy a kid for £50k and sell him on for a million or two, or five!

Contrast that rosy outlook and then read about Derby increasing their wage bill from £16m to £47m from 2014 to 2018....the Championship is probably the most dangerous sports league in the world if you are not careful 

Whilst I’m no fan of Gary Neville he made a good point last night when he said the desperation of Championship clubs to get into the Premier League is destroying them 

14 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Whilst I’m no fan of Gary Neville he made a good point last night when he said the desperation of Championship clubs to get into the Premier League is destroying them 

The irony…. How much have Salford burnt through again? 

On 9/10/2021 at 3:43 PM, Dave_Og said:

If we go into administration then AL is no longer on the scene. It would be the administrators role to keep the club going and find a buyer. Whether it can be kept going is the key point. That is often done by selling assets of which the club had very, very, very few. 

I doubt the club represents a going concern. If no buyer was found within a few weeks. Liquidation. Unless the EFL stepped in? 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

I doubt the club represents a going concern. If no buyer was found within a few weeks. Liquidation. Unless the EFL stepped in? 

That's what I think and I doubt it's within the power of the EFL to do so. 

1 hour ago, Ritchierich said:

So  Baz was probably right then !!

4 minutes ago, daniel said:

Nowhere near a 1000 there in my opinion, which was the number bandied around. Maybe 500 or so. Slightly disappointed to be honest.

500 tops. Ground is very sparsely populated so far though. Hartlepool fans here in decent numbers and in fine voice.

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

500 tops. Ground is very sparsely populated so far though. Hartlepool fans here in decent numbers and in fine voice.

Probably creep over 3000 but only because of their following. Probably announce 4000 knowing these clowns.

Archived