Pre Match Protest vs Hartlepool

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

Yes coffin carried down the road and left outside main door

The coffin got mention it wasn't much it was just when he was reading out the half time scores but it gor more of a mention than other club's did.

At the end of the day the only thing the fans can do is make their voices heard which it has been done in both the local and national press and shine a light on the owners which they have done.

Its upto the owner and the people around him to convince him that is on his interest to sell the club. 

5 hours ago, daniel said:

Nowhere near a 1000 there in my opinion, which was the number bandied around. Maybe 500 or so. Slightly disappointed to be honest.

No way 500, a lot more turned out, I turned out today, said my piece and went back up sheepfoot lane, these owners are nothing but vermin, away days only for me which killed me walking away from BP today with being a season ticket holder since 1985!!

22 minutes ago, oafc21 said:

No way 500, a lot more turned out, I turned out today, said my piece and went back up sheepfoot lane, these owners are nothing but vermin, away days only for me which killed me walking away from BP today with being a season ticket holder since 1985!!

I thought there were more than 500, but it doesn't matter about the numbers, the message was loud and clear as well as being respectful. I don't know where we go next but I can imagine Rochdale next week being slightly toxic. 

15 hours ago, oafc21 said:

The rarely-wrong Chron says around a thousand disgruntled fans gathered outside the Boundary Park.

52 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Clearly the same person who counts the crowd inside the ground.

I don't think you could argue much with the estimate of around a 1,000 for the protest and just under 4,000 inside the ground given there were almost 1,000 Hartlepool fans.

Maybe the protest estimate was the top end of the range but there was a lot more than 500 I thought. Good few Hartlepool fans at the protest which I thought showed class. They were quite noisy at times during the game as well. Saw a video of them outside Upsteps in Oldham in good voice as well. 

2 minutes ago, Yard Dog said:

I don't think you could argue much with the estimate of around a 1,000 for the protest and just under 4,000 inside the ground given there were almost 1,000 Hartlepool fans.

Maybe the protest estimate was the top end of the range but there was a lot more than 500 I thought. Good few Hartlepool fans at the protest which I thought showed class. They were quite noisy at times during the game as well. Saw a video of them outside Upsteps in Oldham in good voice as well. 

I wasn’t there but looking at the JF & JR stands there didn’t look to be more than 1200 combined…was the main stand 3/4 full?

46 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I wasn’t there but looking at the JF & JR stands there didn’t look to be more than 1200 combined…was the main stand 3/4 full?

No. I’d say JF and JR had 1000 in there tops!!! 0% chance there were almost 3000 Latics fans in attendance yesterday. 

Logically if there was no pay on the day then it would just be season ticket holders attending  and all of them didnt attend.I know at least 3 that werent there. I dont think even the club have said we have 3000 season ticket holders. As ever nothing adds up with this lot in charge of our club.

31 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

Logically if there was no pay on the day then it would just be season ticket holders attending  and all of them didnt attend.I know at least 3 that werent there. I dont think even the club have said we have 3000 season ticket holders. As ever nothing adds up with this lot in charge of our club.

As a counter arguement to that, I bought 2 season ticket's last Tuesday and went yesterday 🙄

Archived