MATCH: vs Leyton Orient (A) 11/09/2021

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Why are people saying it's "class" that they're allowing our fans to buy tickets on the gate? Genuinely baffling. 

When your own club shits on its supporters, and then another club treats them with decency, I agree it may not be classy but it seems like something far not short of that. 

5 hours ago, deyres42 said:

This love in with their lot is making me feel a little bit 🤢

32 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Why are people saying it's "class" that they're allowing our fans to buy tickets on the gate? Genuinely baffling. 

because our own fucking club didn’t want it 

if you aren’t happy another club is actually standing with us you are either a troll or need to get your head felt 

9 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

because our own fucking club didn’t want it 

if you aren’t happy another club is actually standing with us you are either a troll or need to get your head felt 

They aren't "standing with us".

The financial incentive lead them to that decision, not some desire to help Oldham fans, regardless of how it's framed. I'm not trolling at all, I just think that the "classy" comments should be saved for when an opposition club enacts a benevolent gesture that doesn't boost their own coffers...

10 hours ago, Ryan said:

The financial incentive lead them to that decision, not some desire to help Oldham fans, regardless of how it's framed. I'm not trolling at all, I just think that the "classy" comments should be saved for when an opposition club enacts a benevolent gesture that doesn't boost their own coffers...

Commercially smart and positive public relations. I suppose this can sound like a totally alien concept to most, people don't know how to react.

11 hours ago, Ryan said:

I think you’re wrong here Ryan, at least in part. The request came from supporters groups and they quickly responded and did the right thing. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Commercially smart and positive public relations. I suppose this can sound like a totally alien concept to most, people don't know how to react.

I completely agree. Decent gesture by LO to help our fans, and if they make money out of it at the same time good luck to them.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Spot on,

Of course orient make a few quid, but I don’t think another few hundred on the gate is the primary objective in doing it- especially knowing what it’s like to have bad owners. 

13 hours ago, Ryan said:

Have to disagree with you here.

Sometimes the even the smallest gesture can have a big effect.

For AL to see the fans of Orient and their club make tickets available to us against the will of our club is a huge statement imo.

They may be making money by having our fans there but I genuinely believe its a bit of karma, and hope there is more karma to hit AL and anyone else who has damaged our club through poor business, greed and nepotism.

12 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

For AL to see the fans of Orient and their club make tickets available to us against the will of our club is a huge statement imo.

They may be making money by having our fans there but I genuinely believe its a bit of karma, and hope there is more karma to hit AL and anyone else who has damaged our club through poor business, greed and nepotism.

The Os fans are great, always have been. Their stories about trying to get their club back are similar to our fight now. Blackpool fans welcomed them like they are now welcoming us. 

This is nothing to do with any commercial gain, its fans supporting each other in their plight to regain their club   

15 hours ago, Ryan said:

I can understand that the last few years have driven us all towards cynicism but that's too far. 

1 hour ago, maximus1267 said:

Karma is a dish best served by Leyton Orient Supporters

27 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I can understand that the last few years have driven us all towards cynicism but that's too far. 

I don't doubt that there are a lot of good people who wish us well at Orient, and I know our respective supporters' groups are very friendly.

However, I don't see any away team complying with Lemmies' demands to not sell tickets on the gate (unless police advice reinforces that demand obvs). There is 0 incentive to do so. Even if it's only a few extra grand no right minded business owner would turn down revenue at the request of a competitor. 

Archived