MATCH: vs Hartlepool United (H) 18/09/2021

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In normal times if I'd been asked I would have supported a squad a bit smaller than the last couple of years with 30+ on the books many of whom we didn't see.

22 was probably always going to be a bit tight.

To use the next 3 years solidarity payments to save putting your hand in your pocket is madness when it means you can barely field a team, can't sign anyone, can't develop your youngsters and any talent you might want to sell on can leave on a free in the summer.

Compounding that by not understanding the rules associated with the loan and signing players you can't register thus spending money you haven't got on players you can't use stretches credibility.

17 hours ago, Bender said:

Screenshot 2021-09-17 071920.png

Β 

Referee: CHARLES BREAKSPEAR

There's a referee forum I visit that refers to Mr Breakspear as the Surrey Card Shark, as he likes a card.Β 

Β 

However, he has been unusually card shy in his recent Oldham games.Β 

Β 

I think he's relatively highly rated by the EFL / FA as he sometimes refs in the Championship or the later rounds of the cups.Β 

Really struggling to get even remotely bothered today - I’m not sure I’ll be too fussed at another inevitable defeatΒ 

Β 

I used to love match days and the Christmas Eve feel getting through Saturday morning to kick offΒ 

Β 

Now I’m just looking at the clock and thinking β€œfuck 45 minutes and I’ve got to set off”

Β 

And I’ll probably be home for half 3

Β 

Thanks Mo, Al and Karl, just fuck offΒ 

15 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Today's starting XI is basically whoever is fit isn't it?

Β 

Did someone mention an issue earlier in the week about youth players starting the game?

If a player makes a first team debut they are defined as an experienced professional. Doesn't matter now but come transfer windows they count within the maximum squad of 23

6 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

If a player makes a first team debut they are defined as an experienced professional. Doesn't matter now but come transfer windows they count within the maximum squad of 23

Curle said on Friday it’s if they start a league game they become established - not if they come on as sub. Christ knows who’s logic that isΒ 

1 minute ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Β 

That's ridiculous from the EFL.

Yep and although it is incumbent on us to check the rules, the inclusion of Luamba as an established player after an isolated start last year, is possibly one of the more understandable cock ups of this regime. DMaarms claimed it scuppered getting a player in on deadline dayΒ 

Archived