MATCH: vs Hartlepool United (H) 18/09/2021

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This means we have failed to score a first half goal in a competitive match this season apart from one in the Kickabout Cup against Salford. So we are basically trying constantly to get a result in 45 minutes. Pretty obvious where some of our problems are.

Don’t get me wrong the yard stick isn’t high, and he’s still not good, but this has been Hope’s best performance for us! 
We’ve actually been the better team today and should have taken at least 1 chance. Hartlepool have brought a superb following but they are a crap side too. Que a 90th minute scrappy winner.

12 minutes ago, daniel said:

Don’t get me wrong i’m happy about it, but it’s a travesty Bahamboula is on the pitch with some of these players week in week out. He really is the only bright spark at the entire club!

Get the impression he's the right player at the wrong time really he could be a cult hero in other teams.

Hartlepool are the second worst team we've played this season (after Sutton).  We need three points against these sorts of teams at home if we've any chance of staying up.

Hope is just a brake on our attacks.  We are creating opportunities, but whenever the ball goes his way everything grinds to a halt.  Keillor-Dunn needs dropping as soon as there is anybody fit enough to start, he's woeful.

4 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Bahamboula the GOAT. Vaughan should play week in week out because unlike a lot of others he gets the ball and instantly wants to get forward quickly. We looked at least half dangerous today on the occasions where we moved it quicker

Vaughan isn’t allowed to start league games or he becomes an “established player” as explained by our increasingly odd head coach on Friday 

Archived