MATCH: vs Hartlepool United (H) 18/09/2021

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Vaughan isn’t allowed to start league games or he becomes an “established player” as explained by our increasingly odd head coach on Friday 

Then I suggest we pay up some established players and make him one 

10 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

How does that affect anything? He's started before

10 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

How does that affect anything? He's started before

you’re right started against Sutton 

Ask Keith then not me who seems to be as good at lying as the rest of them 

im past giving a shit - I’m thinking of upping my Sertraline as it is 

1 hour ago, daniel said:

Don’t get me wrong i’m happy about it, but it’s a travesty Bahamboula is on the pitch with some of these players week in week out. He really is the only bright spark at the entire club!

He is some player first to do a rabona at Boundary park and then megs the other guy absolute class 

Very mixed emotions today.

Went to BP expecting chaos and a defeat, saw neither.

Having only arrived at the ground at shortly after 2pm, the demonstration was very vocal but proportionate to the situation, so well done to the organisers for keeping it under control.

We were better than Hartlepool, should have won, didnt have anyone in the right position to finish a number of spurned chances.

Sam Hart is a big miss.

Dylan Bahamboula and Faysal Bettache are excellent, plenty of skill, not enough support.

Hallam Hope had his best game, isnt a centre forward, needs to be paired with a fit Zak Dearnley.

Harry Vaughan is a great prospect, causes real problems, need him to play a large part.

Jordan Clarke very good again.

Special mention for Raphael Diarra's anger management coach, it's working, could be a diamond in the rough after all.

Keith Curle noticeably more vocal, oddly the players in the directors box and staff who were bobbing around blue block seemed in really good spirits.

There is plenty to dread this season, the one thing which seems to be resolved is goalkeeper, we now have one who is comfortable catching the ball.

11 minutes ago, Mayfield said:

Having only arrived at the ground at shortly after 2pm, the demonstration was very vocal but proportionate to the situation, so well done to the organisers for keeping it under control.

We were better than Hartlepool, should have won, didnt have anyone in the right position to finish a number of spurned chances.

Sam Hart is a big miss.

Dylan Bahamboula and Faysal Bettache are excellent, plenty of skill, not enough support.

Hallam Hope had his best game, isnt a centre forward, needs to be paired with a fit Zak Dearnley.

Harry Vaughan is a great prospect, causes real problems, need him to play a large part.

Special mention for Raphael Diarra's anger management coach, it's working, could be a diamond in the rough after all.

Keith Curle noticeably more vocal, oddly the players in the directors box and staff who were bobbing around blue block seemed in really good spirits.

There is plenty to dread this season, the one thing which seems to be resolved is goalkeeper, we now have one who is comfortable catching the ball.

My first match this season and that pretty much sums it up for me. 

50 minutes ago, Mayfield said:

Sam Hart is a big miss.

Maybe they’ve heard that the Lemmies are selling up? We can always dream.

Hope looked more like the player I remember and was at it today, we seemed to do all the difficult stuff well and then ruin it all by misplacing a simple pass, saying that Hartlepool were poor and lucky to go away with a point, big game next weekend now given the cup is just a free hit, hopefully we can build on some of today's positives on the field, baffled why he took Whealen off though who along with Bahamboula and Hope had good games.

7 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Hope looked more like the player I remember and was at it today, we seemed to do all the difficult stuff well and then ruin it all by misplacing a simple pass, saying that Hartlepool were poor and lucky to go away with a point, big game next weekend now given the cup is just a free hit, hopefully we can build on some of today's positives on the field, baffled why he took Whealen off though who along with Bahamboula and Hope had good games.

Whelan was taken off in a previous game when playing well, it's not a fitness issue as he runs all day. Makes me wonder if the loanees have to have game time?

Hopefully keeping a clean sheet has given the players a bit of confidence. It did look as though that was the main aim out of the game. Without Bahamboula we are extremely one paced and lacking any drive to get forward and create although when Vaughan came on he also gave us a fresh drive. The crowd get the same buzz when Vaughan gets the ball as they do when Bahamboula does, its great to see when its one of your own!

The protest outside was fantastic. A great coming together of Latics fans old and young who care deeply about the club. I was proud to stand with them.

When the plane went over I joined in with the "Abdallah out" chant with my mate in the main stand lower, I can't say it went down well with the people around me. People turned and looked at us as though we'd just fallen from Mars!!! Just showed me that we won't get everyone on the same page no matter how hard we try or how low we sink. But the protest outside showed that there are enough of us willing to make our feelings heard 👍

We looked a far better team after DKD was replaced. Im not sure what has happened to him at all.... but he should not be near the team at the moment. Thought we were unlucky to only get a point, however when I saw the overhead kick drift goalwards my heart stopped. Other than one real suicide pass I thought Peiregiani had a great game as did Clarke and dare I say it Jameson ...... DIarra and Whelan looked composed and Baha was full of trickery.... Hope wont score any if he isnt in the box .....and finally ... Mr Bettache .... fucking shoot for crying out loud. 

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

l feel that after my pre season rinsing of Pidge and general all round dread regarding him, l should go on record to say he has been our second best player this season and by far the most consistent.

I never understood the criticism of our captain. He has his limitations certainly and makes mistakes but he has often been a one man defence and has on many occasions been our only attacking threat.

There are those who will continue to criticise his performances but imagine our current back line without him 😱

He and Moyo have been our best players this season by a considerable margin. Hart would be up there too if he hadn’t picked up an injury.

8 hours ago, andy_b_100 said:

We looked a far better team after DKD was replaced. Im not sure what has happened to him at all.... but he should not be near the team at the moment. Thought we were unlucky to only get a point, however when I saw the overhead kick drift goalwards my heart stopped. Other than one real suicide pass I thought Peiregiani had a great game as did Clarke and dare I say it Jameson ...... DIarra and Whelan looked composed and Baha was full of trickery.... Hope wont score any if he isnt in the box .....and finally ... Mr Bettache .... fucking shoot for crying out loud. 

IIRC DKD had a poor start to last season too, after being pretty good in pre-season. I think he might be a player who is able to keep their fitness levels consistently high throughout the season, as opposed to them fluctuating. At the moment players will be close to their fittest, but in November to March most players will lose a bit, however, DKD doesn’t lose as much.

59 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I never understood the criticism of our captain. He has his limitations certainly and makes mistakes but he has often been a one man defence and has on many occasions been our only attacking threat.

There are those who will continue to criticise his performances but imagine our current back line without him 😱

He and Moyo have been our best players this season by a considerable margin. Hart would be up there too if he hadn’t picked up an injury.

lt's possible that Kewell told him to just lump it into the corners and he doesn't know his own strength so he just lumped it out of play around 15 times per match. Then he improved massively and in pre season l was writing off the improvement as form, rather than moving back to his standard level. Without him we would undoubtedly be bottom of division 4.

l am constantly re evaluating everything (symptom of the Aspergers) and will always publicly wear my errors and mistakes.

4 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

lt's possible that Kewell told him to just lump it into the corners and he doesn't know his own strength so he just lumped it out of play around 15 times per match. Then he improved massively and in pre season l was writing off the improvement as form, rather than moving back to his standard level. Without him we would undoubtedly be bottom of division 4.

l am constantly re evaluating everything (symptom of the Aspergers) and will always publicly wear my errors and mistakes.

we are bottom of Division 4

Just now, rudemedic said:

IIRC DKD had a poor start to last season too, after being pretty good in pre-season. I think he might be a player who is able to keep their fitness levels consistently high throughout the season, as opposed to them fluctuating. At the moment players will be close to their fittest, but in November to March most players will lose a bit, however, DKD doesn’t lose as much.

True. But to go from being able to touch down a ball, beat a man and finish to the ball bouncing off his shin seemingly all the time is rather annoying.

His complete lack of ability to pass a ball 10 yards under most circumstances for the entirity of his time with us is just unacceptable for a pro player who isn't contributing in any other fashion.

Archived