Harrison McGahey

5 minutes ago, tGWB said:

some of the criticsm of Pidge has been brutal but he’s never hid 

am thinking we have a very decent No5 and No6 pairing now which should see us start climbing up the league 

I agree, still think we are a little slow thinking moving forward but that might be confidence.

Yesterday showed lots of grit and fight, almost like the yard dogs of my youth.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, tGWB said:

some of the criticsm of Pidge has been brutal but he’s never hid 

am thinking we have a very decent No5 and No6 pairing now which should see us start climbing up the league 

We write players off far too quickly but we are equally as guilty of building them up 

it was one game let’s not book our Wembley hotels just yet 

12 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

We write players off far too quickly but we are equally as guilty of building them up 

did you go the game yesterday Chaddy ?

Just now, tGWB said:

did you go the game yesterday Chaddy ?

No I don’t do away games - the point stands I’ll hail McGaey and Pidge as the best pairing since Jobson and Fleming when they’ve managed this colossus performance for more than one match 

Kevin Betsy was awesome on his debut too 

25 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

No I don’t do away games - the point stands I’ll hail McGaey and Pidge as the best pairing since Jobson and Fleming when they’ve managed this colossus performance for more than one match 

Kevin Betsy was awesome on his debut too 

unlike you to misquote me Chaddy 

"some of the criticism of Pidge has been brutal but he’s never hid 

How that translates in your head to "I’ll hail McGaey and Pidge as the best pairing since Jobson and Fleming when they’ve managed this colossus performance for more than one match"

is truly baffling 

Just now, tGWB said:

unlike you to misquote me Chaddy 

"some of the criticism of Pidge has been brutal but he’s never hid 

How that translates in your head to "I’ll hail McGaey and Pidge as the best pairing since Jobson and Fleming when they’ve managed this colossus performance for more than one match"

is truly baffling 

Apologies - I guess I’ve just heard “turned a corner” and “start to climb the league” so many times after one game only to lose the next 2-0 so many times it’s made me cynical in the extreme.

Watching the replay both had excellent games but we have a lot left to do 

22 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Apologies - I guess I’ve just heard “turned a corner” and “start to climb the league” so many times after one game only to lose the next 2-0 so many times it’s made me cynical in the extreme.

Watching the replay both had excellent games but we have a lot left to do 

Agree we do have a lot to do 

Stand out stats confirm how well we played defensively as a team

• 33% possession v 67% for Rochdale
  • 6 free kicks v 14 for Rochdale
  • restricted Rochdale to 8 goal attempts despite being under siege for 15-20 mins 

We clearly lack a real threat in front of goal which will limit our progress but reducing the number being scored against us should at least see us climb a few places and out of the 

'trapdoor into non league football' seats  

We are still in deep do-dah, especially without a decent striker (and a lot wood deadwood), but there are two wins and two draws separating 4th from 24th. This is could be one big scrap between a lot of clubs, at both ends of the table. Beat Harrogate and we're four points behind.  That's despite our nightmare start. What a league this is...really crap!

1 minute ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

We are still in deep do-dah, especially without a decent striker (and a lot wood deadwood), but there are two wins and two draws separating 4th from 24th. This is could be one big scrap between a lot of clubs, at both ends of the table. Beat Harrogate and we're four points behind.  That's despite our nightmare start. What a league this is...really crap!

Same point made in other thread - great minds! 

19 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

I think any team that is organised will compete at the upper end of this league, yesterday we showed signs of this, Mcgahey kept it simple, and Pidge profited from having a solid CB alongside him, hopefully Couto can reproduce his performance week in week out. A long way to go but yesterday's win compressed the table. 

3 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Beat Leeds u21s on Tuesday and you might have to think of making that booking. 😀

3 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Really crap or really evenly matched? Probably both!

54 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Do you mean 'Nah lve checked' or 'Nah l didnt go to the other one'?

What year was that btw? 2004? it was near Xmas defo bc l can feel the Xmas spirit in the memory.

It was 2004 and fair play to you for getting in the Christmas spirit in September...

Archived