Jump to content

Harrison McGahey


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, tGWB said:


some of the criticsm of Pidge has been brutal but he’s never hid 

 

am thinking we have a very decent No5 and No6 pairing now which should see us start climbing up the league 

 

 

I agree, still think we are a little slow thinking moving forward but that might be confidence.

Yesterday showed lots of grit and fight, almost like the yard dogs of my youth.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, tGWB said:


some of the criticsm of Pidge has been brutal but he’s never hid 

 

am thinking we have a very decent No5 and No6 pairing now which should see us start climbing up the league 

 

 


We write players off far too quickly but we are equally as guilty of building them up 

 

it was one game let’s not book our Wembley hotels just yet 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:


We write players off far too quickly but we are equally as guilty of building them up 

 

it was one game let’s not book our Wembley hotels just yet 


did you go the game yesterday Chaddy ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, tGWB said:


did you go the game yesterday Chaddy ?


No I don’t do away games - the point stands I’ll hail McGaey and Pidge as the best pairing since Jobson and Fleming when they’ve managed this colossus performance for more than one match 

 

Kevin Betsy was awesome on his debut too 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:


No I don’t do away games - the point stands I’ll hail McGaey and Pidge as the best pairing since Jobson and Fleming when they’ve managed this colossus performance for more than one match 

 

Kevin Betsy was awesome on his debut too 

 

unlike you to misquote me Chaddy 

 

"some of the criticism of Pidge has been brutal but he’s never hid 

am thinking we have a very decent No5 and No6 pairing now which should see us start climbing up the league

 

How that translates in your head to "I’ll hail McGaey and Pidge as the best pairing since Jobson and Fleming when they’ve managed this colossus performance for more than one match"

is truly baffling 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, tGWB said:

 

unlike you to misquote me Chaddy 

 

"some of the criticism of Pidge has been brutal but he’s never hid 

am thinking we have a very decent No5 and No6 pairing now which should see us start climbing up the league

 

How that translates in your head to "I’ll hail McGaey and Pidge as the best pairing since Jobson and Fleming when they’ve managed this colossus performance for more than one match"

is truly baffling 


Apologies - I guess I’ve just heard “turned a corner” and “start to climb the league” so many times after one game only to lose the next 2-0 so many times it’s made me cynical in the extreme.

 

Watching the replay both had excellent games but we have a lot left to do 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:


Apologies - I guess I’ve just heard “turned a corner” and “start to climb the league” so many times after one game only to lose the next 2-0 so many times it’s made me cynical in the extreme.

 

Watching the replay both had excellent games but we have a lot left to do 

 

 

Agree we do have a lot to do 

 

Stand out stats confirm how well we played defensively as a team

 

  • 33% possession v 67% for Rochdale
  • 6 free kicks v 14 for Rochdale
  • restricted Rochdale to 8 goal attempts despite being under siege for 15-20 mins 

We clearly lack a real threat in front of goal which will limit our progress but reducing the number being scored against us should at least see us climb a few places and out of the 

'trapdoor into non league football' seats  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, tGWB said:


some of the criticsm of Pidge has been brutal but he’s never hid 

 

am thinking we have a very decent No5 and No6 pairing now which should see us start climbing up the league 

 

 

Couldn't agree more with your comments on Pidge 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are still in deep do-dah, especially without a decent striker (and a lot wood deadwood), but there are two wins and two draws separating 4th from 24th. This is could be one big scrap between a lot of clubs, at both ends of the table. Beat Harrogate and we're four points behind.  That's despite our nightmare start. What a league this is...really crap!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

We are still in deep do-dah, especially without a decent striker (and a lot wood deadwood), but there are two wins and two draws separating 4th from 24th. This is could be one big scrap between a lot of clubs, at both ends of the table. Beat Harrogate and we're four points behind.  That's despite our nightmare start. What a league this is...really crap!

 

Same point made in other thread - great minds! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

We are still in deep do-dah, especially without a decent striker (and a lot wood deadwood), but there are two wins and two draws separating 4th from 24th. This is could be one big scrap between a lot of clubs, at both ends of the table. Beat Harrogate and we're four points behind.  That's despite our nightmare start. What a league this is...really crap!

I think any team that is organised will compete at the upper end of this league, yesterday we showed signs of this, Mcgahey kept it simple, and Pidge profited from having a solid CB alongside him, hopefully Couto can reproduce his performance week in week out. A long way to go but yesterday's win compressed the table. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:


We write players off far too quickly but we are equally as guilty of building them up 

 

it was one game let’s not book our Wembley hotels just yet 

Beat Leeds u21s on Tuesday and you might have to think of making that booking. 😀

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

We are still in deep do-dah, especially without a decent striker (and a lot wood deadwood), but there are two wins and two draws separating 4th from 24th. This is could be one big scrap between a lot of clubs, at both ends of the table. Beat Harrogate and we're four points behind.  That's despite our nightmare start. What a league this is...really crap!

Really crap or really evenly matched? Probably both!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Betsy's debut was at home to Hartlepool as he had been on loan there and we beat them to the signing of him.  He was booed throughout by Hartlepool fans and scored a great goal at the Chaddy end. 

Edited by Andyt84
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Do you mean 'Nah lve checked' or 'Nah l didnt go to the other one'?

What year was that btw? 2004? it was near Xmas defo bc l can feel the Xmas spirit in the memory.

It was 2004 and fair play to you for getting in the Christmas spirit in September...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...