MATCH: vs Brentford (A) League Cup 21/09/2021

REFEREE: SIMON HOOPER

The teams have not met since the 2013/14 season. Brentford won promotion from League One in that season and took four points from Latics, winning at Griffin Park and drawing the return fixture.

The Bees completed home and away doubles over Oldham in the 2011/12 and 2012/13 seasons.

Oldham have not scored against or beaten Brentford in six meetings, stretching back to 2011.

Directions, Beer, and Food...

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm dreading it. Even their reserves will batter us. Confidence is low and the last thing the team need is to be humiliated.

I remember playing Brentford (in the cup, i think), when we were in so many ways in a different league. I think Houldsworth was playing for them. They actually played well. How things can change in football.

Its a no lose game for us really. We get thrashed then it's a premier league team doing as expected to the basement league club. We get a result and its the 'giant killers'. A no pressure game for once for the players so hopefully they can enjoy it and relax a bit and maybe pick up a bit of fight or form

11 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

Its a no lose game for us really. We get thrashed then it's a premier league team doing as expected to the basement league club. We get a result and its the 'giant killers'. A no pressure game for once for the players so hopefully they can enjoy it and relax a bit and maybe pick up a bit of fight or form

You seen this wet bunch that play for us ? No chance of any fight in any of them. 

31 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

You seen this wet bunch that play for us ? No chance of any fight in any of them. 

ln this team l'd say Pidge, that long haired left foot chap l always forget, Sheehan, Diarra and Hope would be good as a back to back partner to fight your way out of a sticky situation.

35 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I thought that there were positive signs against Hartlepool…

17 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

ln this team l'd say Pidge, that long haired left foot chap l always forget, Sheehan, Diarra and Hope would be good as a back to back partner to fight your way out of a sticky situation.

I’m not looking at a 0-0 at home with Hartlepool who are yet to win away in any good light. 

Pidge, someone would pull his hair. Sheehan, legs have gone. Hope, is a fanny. Diarra isn’t wired correctly, I’ll give you that one 

Archived